Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exilus Mod Thing

Stormandreas

Though they are in the market, for 20 platinum each, on a single frame, for a single mod... again, is very much a ripoff. I would expect something like that to be 15 platinum AT MOST. And yes, platinum can be gotten from trading, however thats even MORE time consuming, and then you have to deal with the complete ass3s in this game.

Lets look at it this way:

-- Do you need utility mods now?

If so, you're already using them now and so it won't change your build to not have the extra slot.

If not, you're not using them now, and so it won't change your build to not have it.

It's an extra thing, not a mandatory thing. You can grind for the extra thing -- like grinding bad weapons for Mastery Rank, or spending platinum for rushing builds, or grinding for parts to sell for platinum for cosmetics, or parts for platinum for... the utility slot?

Really, it's not supposed to just be handed to you. If it was, as I have said already, they would have just added it to every frame. It's a fun extra thing for a set of mods that are not needed to play the game.

Don't want to spend 20 platinum, don't. Don't want to grind, don't. You don't inherently deserve anything -- you aren't OWED anything by [DE] for playing their free game. They're simply offering you the ability to get these things. Take it or leave it, it's your choice.

Edited by S7ORM

I have 23 frames currently, lets math shall we?

Completely ignoring the grind to get rep for Simaris. One forma is 24 hours, meaning each one of these things will take 48 hours to build.

48 hours, for 23 frames. Let that sink in.

48 hours x 23 frames.

If my math is correct, that is 1,104 hours of waiting. Not active farming to get the rep, but waiting. If you factor in the time it takes to get the required rep, the required time is mind numbing.

Just to put this into perspective, since the game came to Steam, I have 1,864 hours registered of the game running.

Granted, not everyone will use these and only the "elite" will want it for every frame. Still, the numbers are staggering.

Faulty assumption -- your stuff will still build while you don't have the game client open. Your 1864 hours of ingame time is spread over 10k hours since your account has been active (as of February 12th, 2014 according to your forums profile).

Minimum potential time for building all these things without platinum can be summed up to the duration it takes to log in and click "accept" and "start build" + about an hour a day to gather an argon crystal (realistically, it'll probably be an hour a day to get a few argon crystals).

Hours:

46 (forma)

23 (exilus)

1 (argon)

0.1 (login+foudnry check time, equates to 6 minutes)

(46+23)*(0.1+1) = (69)*(1.1) = about 76 hours of ingame time. That's assuming you login every day at the right time to collect your stuff from the forma just as it ends, and then also play 1 hour of void for an argon crystal each time you do that.

Sure, that's a decent amount of time (about 4 days straight of playing if it were condensed), but judging by the 1k hours you have in the game, I'm sure you'll find something to do in the meantime.

It wouldn't be a very good business practice for you to be bored out of U17 the week of its release, now would it?

20 plat is pretty easy to get through trading if you do Void stuff - it's basically just another 20 plat on top of the 20 plat for a potato, not that big a deal.  And as someone said above, it's not a beginners' thing, it's for people who are well into the game, so they'll be doing Void, so they'll be able to make the odd 20 plat here and there to afford these things if they don't do the Simaris stuff.

You shouldnt even need to use plat on it, but atm its actually only sensible way to obtain it.

Yeah, go for it, use plat, let them earn money of it while saying its no big deal.

But then be ready for next inevitable step, another slot costing plat, then maybe another potato, forma which doesnt reset lvl being made from 10 regular forma.

Encourage moneygrubbing if you want, it will lead only to more moneygrubbing.

Look at the price to construct the Exilus Adaptor. 1 Argon, 1 Cell, 2 Forma.

TWO FORMA. PER WARFRAME.

GRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIND for your LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIFE

The cost is too great. Its too much. Make teh bluepring cost 100k rep but make it reusable or craft those in bundles of 4. Also 2 forma??? For 1 slot??? Make it 1 if reusable or stay on 2 and take 4 crystals and cells if in bundles of 4.

Wait, wait, wait! This thing does not unlock slot for every warframe? You have to grind FOR EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM?

DE/10. I can't handle this sort of 'quality'.

Don't forget the cost of TWO complete FORMA. And a argon - that with bad luck can take another 1-2h to grind.

Now - on average person may have 10 frames and hes not mastery 19.

Thats 500k simaris rep - for most way over a month of 1-2h of rep grind a day.

20 forma - 24h build time each and requires grinding for blueprints in void for hours.

argon - that every damn item these days needs.

And can bet, a 12/24h build time.

But hey - you  can buy it for cash!!!

I thought this update brings me back playing - but no, money influenced decisions like that  put me off  and i don't see any bright future ahead for warframe since its turning into another PW F2P cash game.

Make it so we can build multiple forma simultaneously and we can use up our huge stockpile of forma blueprints and the build price of these wouldn't bother me so much. Otherwise I think I will unlock these with the 20p (all as planned, eh DE? ).

You shouldnt even need to use plat on it, but atm its actually only sensible way to obtain it.

Yeah, go for it, use plat, let them earn money of it while saying its no big deal.

But then be ready for next inevitable step, another slot costing plat, then maybe another potato, forma which doesnt reset lvl being made from 10 regular forma.

Encourage moneygrubbing if you want, it will lead only to more moneygrubbing.

^ ALL THESE

This is getting to be a pain in the &#!. Remember when EA did Dungeon Keeper? This is getting to be just like it. Not more like it, or kind of like it, JUST LIKE IT. I'll go buy Destiny if this isn't fixed/changed along with the Equinox MEGA GRIND, and all the new super grind changes DE has been making in their "Year of quality". I'd rather pay $60 one time for a game that doesn't make itself PTW and is admittedly grindy, than be lied to about wanting to make a game "less grindy" and obviously - no subtlety here - wants me to constantly shell out more and more money to get new content.

It's like a tater, though arguably a lot less valuable than one, and how often do you get those without spending platinum?

This is a thing you can measure your progress toward obtaining. You don't have to rely on it popping up in an Alert and you don't have to run a million void missions for the chance at a chance to get one and it costs a pittance of resources for the functionality it provides.

You're damn straight it's going to cost you a lot of photojournalism points.

severely dislike the fact that "utility" mods in fact require warframe points thingies. They are called utility, they are right next to aura (which in fact GIVE points) and they F*** up builds and restrict the freedom of choice in terms of me wanting to have more than 1 or 1,5 good build. 

The less freedom there is with builds in warframe, the more the game will turn into 1 trick pony, just like spamming 11111111111, 3333333333333333 but only with builds for frames. It should be possible to make at least 3 decent builds with each frame somewhat reliably, assuming u put time and effort into it, this "band-aid solution" does not fix the problem of people not really using utility mods, but just adds another layer of sacrifices and compromises u have to make, to make utility slot work. 

So first off i dont mind the cost per bp construction. i understand what its meant for but the fact that the bp is not reuseable is unacceptable. Take into consideration that you (at mr 19 (which i am)) can only get 20k rep at max and you only get that 20k once per day. it takes 2,5 days worth of rep for 1 sure the time spent actively grinding may only amount to 2-3 hours but the time spent waiting is between 48 and 72 hours depending on when you start (if for example you started one hour before reset then continued after reset it would in theory only be 24 hours for the first but that doesnt help the forma). just to get the bp. now while youre doing this you can have your forma building and two birds one stone but assuming you have the rep already or 30 exilus bp's you have to wait at least 48 hours without spending plat. so no matter how you go you spend 48 hours WAITING to wait. for probably a 12 or 24 hours bp...i dont know yet i havent been able to farm up enough rep yet to get one (said with a bit of sass) since i recently got a simulor to push me into mr 19. so a mandatory 48 hour minimum wait to build the thing which then pulls to probably 72 hours...you can at 'non stop' pace have 10 frames done in one month 20 in two and all of them in two and a half ish (depending if you have all the frames ever or replace normals with primes). yes you can play while waiting and no this is not a vital piece of game but the fact that the bp is not reuseable is unacceptable. the cost is fine. two forma, argon, and cells are not hard to come by by any means. its the wait and work required (since after your ten of the current target you lose the best source of rep till the next target which can take a month(correct me if im wrong)) for what the slot does. to me the value isnt worth it. i have to spend an hour a day for the next 48 days just getting rep from scanning everything ever i run into. no i dont have to use this feature, no i dont have to work for it specifically with plat and trading, no i dont need this feature but i want it and i want it for all my frames because i like options but unless one this changes i will not use this feature. i wont even use the free one given to me at the end of the new quest thats how much i object to the way the system currently is. this feature may as well not even exist to me in fact, it doesnt until something changes.

Now to reiterate im fine with the cost and im fine gathering rep. what im not fine with is spending 48 days to use something on all my frame cause no matter how i cut it thats how long it will take. no that wont be how long of active play it will take but thats how long it will take for the rep. im fine with the forma cost becuase it is possible to get built ones from the void you just gotta play lots and hunt well. and im even fine paying 20p per one or 10p to rush em i can get that fairly easy but again no matter how i look at it without spending plat exclusively it will take 48 days to get all the stuff to make it for every frame and that time frame is unacceptable to me.

for reference steam says i have 1800 hours of play. the game should say something around 1500. ive ground out mesa (two or three times if you count helping friends), i ground out nekros, i ground out every prime except the newest set and even those im working on, and i will grind out equinox. so im not against a good ol grind but 48 days of a scheduled grind? no thanks that wall is looking too tough for even me.

Edited by Caobie

The only problem I got is the two forma.... one could have been enough, as another would have been used for the slot. It's a bit hefty of a cost.

But the thing is is that this slot is a optional slot, and by no means a really meaningful slot unless you really need to put something like Rush on your frame, and even then people have been doing fine without those utility mods. So one needs to really consider putting this mod slot in before committing to it.

For those who really want to unlock the new slot for all of their frames, and they have 20+, well have fun with that. I'll stick to one or two that I main that I know could use the slot over trying to deck out all of my frames that performed great well before u17 came out with this new slot. I only potato/forma things I am going to use a lot, and this new slot is like a potato/forma to me: I'm only going to unlock it if it's something I'm going to use a lot.

The price is quite absurd in resources, however it is priced with a potato/forma in the market, so if you really want that slot, you'll get it. Just get it for the frames you're gonna use and you'll be better off over trying to re-potatoing all of your frames for a slot that really isn't all that beneficial for many frames compared to aura or regular slots. Now if these slots used augments as well, well that might be a bit different...

This should have just been added to all frames after finishing a quest. Or just added to all frames.

I'm starting to get really, really, really upset at the extraordinary lengths DE is going to so that they can add more grindwalls/paywalls/waitwalls - Wallframe: F*** you, Pay Us.

What's next? Craft "FixRoaches" so you can have bug fixes applied to your game? Craft some crap to apply weapon changes? Pay or craft some BS so you can use the new frames approved for PvP?

Remember when updates and overhauls were just that? Not some BS reason to make us grind until our eyes bleed - OR PAY? Seems like DE applied their creativity to create new ways to make us hate the game if we're not constantly paying for something. I wish that kind of energy went into something beneficial being added/done. Just read my sarchastic questions a second time, but try and take them seriously. It's not too hard, is it?

The 9 million players that still have the game downloaded, and just don't play it (mabye once a month or two) - the measly 40k peak concurrent players is laughable - Chinese players are complaining right out the gate, with founders packs, how the grind is too much - All this should say it for me, this is getting ridiculous, intolerable, unbearable, inhumane, untactful, unprofessional, irresponsible, irrational, and just plain bad.