Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dojo Costs

Catharsis25

I think Dojo costs need to scale with the number of people in your clan. I'm in a small clan, and looking at the costs of some of the rooms, we might need to consider inviting people we don't actually know personally, which we were trying to avoid. Right now, there's only 4 of us actively playing, which will make it difficult to get anything in the dojo done! 

Please, DE, consider finding some way of changing the Dojo craft costs so that having a small clan is still viable.

Although you're right that there needs to be something for smaller clans, scaling prices would be very easy to exploit. Perhaps they could make cheaper research stations that would supply a limited amount of blueprints and can be distributed by the leader/officers once trading is implemented.

How about it does scale BUT once you pass over a certain threshold you have to make up the difference from the old cost to new one.

Let me explain:

Say in 1 to 10 people a small building takes 10K Ferrite as the largest amount of materials. When you go to 11 people the cost would bump up to 15K so now in order to keep using that room you have to invest an extra 5K Ferrite. Once it hits 21 people or something you have to put in more materials.

They could say that this is paying for the upkeep/making the items in the room more robust and able to be used by more people at the same time.

This would allow smaller clans to do everything while avoiding the exploit of building everything and then adding in a ton of people to access the cheaper room. The larger clans would still be able to get the materials together a lot faster as well so they still have the benefit of getting a lot more done a lot faster.

Edited by Tsukinoki

What they could do is make it so resources speed up the building process; for example, a cross section will build itself over 2 days, but with resources it can be built in only 5 minutes to an hour. Bigger things like the reactor could be 5 days or something.

This way, large clans will still get their stuff faster, having an advantage, and smaller clans don't have to grind resources for an entire month....

How about it does scale BUT once you pass over a certain threshold you have to make up the difference from the old cost to new one.

Let me explain:

Say in 1 to 10 people a small building takes 10K Ferrite as the largest amount of materials. When you go to 11 people the cost would bump up to 15K so now in order to keep using that room you have to invest an extra 5K Ferrite. Once it hits 21 people or something you have to put in more materials.

They could say that this is paying for the upkeep/making the items in the room more robust and able to be used by more people at the same time.

This would allow smaller clans to do everything while avoiding the exploit of building everything and then adding in a ton of people to access the cheaper room. The larger clans would still be able to get the materials together a lot faster as well so they still have the benefit of getting a lot more done a lot faster.

I like that idea. It is probably the most realistic one to happen also. While I like the idea of dropping prices and larger clans being able to pay more to build faster, that is very unlikely because DE currently has platinum rushing for fast build time.

If this idea is implemented, players need the ability to know when they will have to unlock stuff again and how much it will cost in advance. I think a screen showing the number of players to the next price level and a list of all rooms in the Dojo with their upgrade costs to unlock at the new player level. There should also be a way to upgrade in advance of reaching the next level of players so a well organized clan will never lose access to any rooms. The screen that shows the upgrade costs could also be used to do the upgrading.

@Viziroth

That's also sounds like a good idea.

Larger clans are still rewarded while smaller clans aren't punished.

@Unknown924

And those are all specifics of QOL that should come later once the ability is added into the game (hopefully it will be). And depending on what rooms they have they can easily prioritize. Such as not allowing the dueling room to be used to instead upgrade the labs or oracle.

Edited by Tsukinoki