The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Severe Underwater Fps Drop

SyberWolfe

I'm scratching my head here. I'm not sure what could potentially be causing this, but when I do the underwater missions on Uranus... My fps drops drastically (to a point where the game registers as not responding). But the odd part is that, well, the drops ONLY happen when I am underwater. The running around part is just fine, no fps dips or drops at all, but the moment I go to the underwater section... Whoo, baby. It's a struggle and a half to get through even the shortest of underwater sections.

If it helps any, I'm on a Toshiba Satellite Silver edition. All four of my cores are unparked as well.

But the odd part is that, well, the drops ONLY happen when I am underwater.

Is this with all in-game display settings set to low / disabled? One of those could be the culprit. If this is the case I'd be very interested to know which setting is doing it so that we can diagnose. 

Is this with all in-game display settings set to low / disabled? One of those could be the culprit. If this is the case I'd be very interested to know which setting is doing it so that we can diagnose. 

The only settings that I happen to have on are 'adaptive exposure', 'glare', 'ambient occlusion', 'color correction', and 'weapon elemental fx'. Everything else is off, or set to low. Vertical sync is also set to 'auto'. Gore is also enabled. Kubrow is marked as well. Reverb is enabled as well.

Most of the time, I can tell when its about to hit due to the sound freaking out and becoming white noise. 

The only settings that I happen to have on are 'adaptive exposure', 'glare', 'ambient occlusion', 'color correction', and 'weapon elemental fx'. Everything else is off, or set to low. Vertical sync is also set to 'auto'. Gore is also enabled. Kubrow is marked as well. Reverb is enabled as well.

Most of the time, I can tell when its about to hit due to the sound freaking out and becoming white noise. 

Is reverb enabled in "sound settings"? What happens if you disable this?

yea i've had the frame drops in submersible missions as well. not to a "not responding" point tho. i've noticed worse dropping when scanning with codex. think its something to do with aiming underwater that makes the frames drop. 

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We believe we may have reproduced the issue regarding framerate / sound in Uranus tile sets. Unfortunately I do not have any information regarding when you can expect a fix, but we are definitely working to address it as soon as possible. 

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

We believe we may have reproduced the issue regarding framerate / sound in Uranus tile sets. Unfortunately I do not have any information regarding when you can expect a fix, but we are definitely working to address it as soon as possible. 

If this is linked to the AMD problems around the underwater parts of Uranus' submersible tilesets, I'll be very glad to see this fixed as Uranus is mostly unplayable for me right now.

Thanks for the updates.

I'm scratching my head here. I'm not sure what could potentially be causing this, but when I do the underwater missions on Uranus... My fps drops drastically (to a point where the game registers as not responding). But the odd part is that, well, the drops ONLY happen when I am underwater. The running around part is just fine, no fps dips or drops at all, but the moment I go to the underwater section... Whoo, baby. It's a struggle and a half to get through even the shortest of underwater sections.

If it helps any, I'm on a Toshiba Satellite Silver edition. All four of my cores are unparked as well.

I've been having this problem as well!  I'm running an R9 380 that takes any other game I throw at it with no issues, and Warframe runs just fine with no frame drops except when I go underwater.

This morning I turned off all the extra visual settings while leaving the textures and such on High, and I got almost all the way through a submersible Extermination before the problem kicked back in again.

It's feeling like a memory leak, but I'm running the game in 64-bit mode and it never seems to use more than 2GB of my RAM.

If this is linked to the AMD problems around the underwater parts of Uranus' submersible tilesets, I'll be very glad to see this fixed as Uranus is mostly unplayable for me right now.

Thanks for the updates.

Yeah, same for me.  I was trying to help my girlfriend unlock Natah, and at the point where the frame drop had me freeze-framed, it booted us both into different sessions and when she tried to move forward all the doors wouldn't open.

She scanned an Oculyst and got the dialogue that indicates you'll have the quest unlocked when the mission is done, but now that the mission bugged out and she had to Abort, when she scans them it says "Item Already Scanned" and won't let her unlock the quest.

Edited by MidnightWyvern

• 4 weeks later...

As of February 23rd, 2016 

This issue still plagues me. I'm lucky to have been playing since Nova came out, or I literally would not be able to unlock anything on Uranus from this glitch.

It's so bad that I want to take my R9 270 out and put in my trashy GT520, but that won't even guarantee a fix because I can't find anywhere if it's a CPU or a GPU error, considering that it happens on my FX4100 / R9 270 build and my A8 apu laptop it's a pretty big issue for me to fix myself. 

I have tried the reverb disable on my window 10 laptop and it was to no avail,  and actually made the normal parts start freezing. I have tried with every graphics setting imagineable, and nothing helps.

Here's what I gathered that makes it worse:

Currents

Large underwater segments 

Segments with the poison plant things that you have to encounter in Natal

Moving 

Aiming 

Interestingly enough, lower graphics settings 

Please DE, I am begging you. I really want to like sharkwing, but it literally runs worse than GTA V maxed out on my laptop 

Any other specs you might need I'm more Han happy to oblige