The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Whats A Good Secondary ?

(XBOX)Captured Skulls

Question

So currently i need a good secondary until im able to get my telos akbolto, currently i have a hikou prime but weapons like those arent my thing(im not a big fan of throwing weapons) so im wondering what could be a good secondary pistol to fill in while i make my way through arbiters of hexis... Ive been thinking about the sicarus prime,lex prime & the marelok but im not completely sure which could be the best.

So what the best non syndicate pistol i can get ?

17 answers to this question

I rather enjoy the Lex Prime, but honestly since I don't usually use pistols I polarized my Dex Furis a bunch to turn them into bullet hoses to use only when I'm downed or carrying the data-mass.  The ammo economy is atrocious but when only used for short times they can pump out a TON of damage.

The Marelok is never a bad choice. You can get it in your clan's dojo in the grineer labs. The Syndicate version of it is only slightly better in stats.

I would agree with Magician and say that Aksomati are pretty nice if you're looking for a fully auto pistol. The Vasto prime feels nice and quick for a revolver, and the Kulstar that just came out is also fun. It kills you, though... like, a lot. The Atomos is good for crowds, but its damage falls off in late game (late t3 and t4).

A good secondary is one that compliments your primary. What primary(s) are you using?

As Archistopheles said, a good secondary compliments your primary. I run with mostly automatic secondaries since I run with mainly burst primaries. There are lots of amazing secondaries out there, if you run with automatic primaries, look at using a slower, more accurate secondary.

A good secondary is one that compliments your primary. What primary(s) are you using?

pretty much this ...

sporting a sniper or a bow ? AkSomati / DexFuris should work

carring a shotgun or an assault rifle ? Lex, Marelok, any hard hitting secondary should work

My personal favorite is the Lex P, especially since the buff

You don't need ammo mutation for 8 fire rate...

Yeah i run with atomos as my secondary mostly, and i dont have issues with ammo. However, I understand why you would want the ammo mutation on that weapon, its nice to have a safety net for ammo, nothing worse than running out

I agree that your secondary should complement your primary. I like to use the Dread, so often I carry the Synoid Gammacor. Dread handles long distance and single shots while the S. Gammacor handles close range and high fire rate. I could also replace the S. Gammacor with Aksomati, Dex Furis, or the new kid on the block - Twin Grakata.

Whenever I take my Soma Prime or Braton Prime out (LOVE the Braton Prime!), I take a single shot "pocket-sniper". I prefer the Lex Prime, but also take the Vaykor Marelok (original Marelok works just fine).

With that in mind, there are other good secondaries to consider - Brakk, Pyrana, Atomos, Rakta Ballistica, original Akbolto, and more.

Vaykor Marelok. If you run void a bit you can easily get enough parts to sell for 30p and buy it off somebody if you don't have the favor.. It's a lot quicker than the week+ you would need to grind the favour. Depending on your resources it might be even easier to get than the standard version.

Edited by xveganrox

So currently i need a good secondary until im able to get my telos akbolto, currently i have a hikou prime but weapons like those arent my thing(im not a big fan of throwing weapons) so im wondering what could be a good secondary pistol to fill in while i make my way through arbiters of hexis... Ive been thinking about the sicarus prime,lex prime & the marelok but im not completely sure which could be the best.

So what the best non syndicate pistol i can get ?

The Brakk is the most powerful secondary I know of, and it's worth farming for it (all-marked teams farm the Grustrag 3).  Short range but an incredible killing weapon.  It has a very fast fire rate and a really hefty kick for a single shot (will one-shot minions and most other types short of the "boss" types), so you can bam-bam-bam-bam fast, and be sure to kill even the most obnoxious enemies of a very high level very quickly.  It lets you punch above your weight, and is especially a great secondary to carry while levelling up a primary.

The Marelok is great too, though more dependent on player skill (it's best with headshots), so I'm sure the Vaykor Marelok is everything everyone says it is. And like the Brakk, fun to use (great reload animation!).