Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Opticor Energy Color Behavior

Lt.Nagae

As the U17 launched, seems like the Opticor apparence behavior got bugged, as shown on the screenshots below

Apparence menu:
CtHfU55.jpg

Charging beam:
l8eN4tX.jpg

Discharging beam/splash effect:
CmLIFC0.jpg

Full charged effect beam:
nRFKKln.jpg

before,charging and discharging beams, full charged beam effect, splash effect used the energy color selected on the apparence menu of the weapon

after the update, the details of the weapon, like the emitter, full charged effect and splash effect is using the color selected, the charging beam is using a yellow color and the discharging beam is using a blue color, which seems like is the default color

Edit: probably this bug could be related to the fact some corpus NPCs are using the opticor as main weapon, making this bug similar to the Dera launch bug, but this time is a cosmetic issue

Edit2: As pointed by Camelslayer, the Charging beam is using the frame energy color, but the discharging beam stills using the same blue color and the holding position is wrong, as pointed by JustaBucket.

as isn't a gamebreaking bug, i know this isn't going to have a high priority on fixing, but placing this to let you aware of this.

thanks for the attention

Edited by Lt.Nagae

• 2 weeks later...

The charging energy is based on the Warframe's energy, particles on the weapon's energy, and the beam when fired.... I guess is the default energy. I dunno. It's a mess and needs fixed.

Was about to post a thread about this myself and then noticed other people already had.

Oh good, a compendium of Opticor bugs. I've got screenshots of the energy color problems, and of the broken arms. Want me to put either in here for reference?

I've noticed basically exactly what's been said here. The targetting beam takes your warframe energy color, the beam itself is standard blue/white, and the splash/particles are Opticor energy color.

The exception is this; The Tenno hold the Opticor not at the wrong spot, but in the wrong way; their elbow is too far out, their upper arm is twisted a little. The forearm, already twisted a weird way, is then twisted further, with the bottom of the arm facing out when it should be facing down. The wrist is twisted further still. It would be broken.

My suggestion would be to lower the elbow, and rotate the individual arm parts until it's all natural again. Seriously, it hurts to look at, not because it looks back, but because it looks painful. That would be some major broken bones and possibly even torn connective tissue. Just.. ow!

Anyways, OP, I've got screenies of both situations, so if you want 'em you can let me know, I'll send you links or something.

And thanks for making this thread. Hopefully someone takes notice and does something about it.

Seems like the energy color part is fixed, but will check if the holding position is fixed too. Feel free to post the screenshots, as for a bug report, the more information, better

YAY, Opticor Full Fixed. Both energy color and clipping fixed