Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mgsv Will Look Best On Pc And Dark Souls Creator Planning New Projects

TheErebus.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-creator-planning-to-launch-several-new-/1100-6429589/ 

So first off, Hidetaka Miyazaki has recently stated in an interview that he has several different projects he's planning on.

Please let it be Armored Core. PLEASE.

YOU DIRECTED ARMORED CORE 4A, YOU CAN MAKE IT INTO SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL WITH THE RESOURCES YOU HAVE RIGHT NOW.

http://www.pcgamer.com/mgs-5-comparison-screens-confirm-superiority-of-pc-version/

We also have some image comparisons of MGSV: Phantom Pain between PS4 and PC and it kinda breaks my heart.

Why?
Because I've made it kinda of a tradition to play every MGS game on a Sony console (when possible), but after seeing the graphical difference... kinda makes me want to break it.

And Yes, I know that typically this is how things work (PC graphics > Console). But in this case, because almost all of them are Sony exclusive, only now do I see how much of a difference it is as well as the personal connection I have with the series that makes this a bit more of a big deal to me.

Edited by TheErebus.

maybe From Software will learn how to into PC someday.

;P

to be fair i suppose, they're getting better at it.

Also, thank Christ. Bout time they stopped making Souls games and variations of Souls games with the same mechanics.

i think Bloodborne was off the deep end, but making 4 games in a similar general theme to one another isn't crazy. (Bloodborne is game 5 IMO, it's not the same Series if you ask me)

first game is fairly popular, make a series out of it. second game explodes on the charts for a relatively small Developer/Publisher, make a third game out of it. third game is also highly popular.

Et Cetera.

if something that's not saturated in the industry is extremely well received, building more of that isn't crazy.

yes, so what if Gameplay in the entire game series is somewhat similar? Shooters have played the same way for more than a decade. your point?

they're taking Gameplay that is known to work, maybe make some adjustments to it to make it better, but mostly, make a crapload more content to play in.

I mean... Everything that's multi-platform looks best on PC. That's just how things work.

Yes, I know that. But in this case, because almost all of them are Sony exclusive, only now do I see how much of a difference it is as well as the personal connection I have with the series that makes this a bit more of a big deal to me.

maybe From Software will learn how to into PC someday.

;P

to be fair i suppose, they're getting better at it.

Well DkS2 was leagues better than DkS (hell, even I can't get it to run properly).

i think Bloodborne was off the deep end, but making 4 games in a similar general theme to one another isn't crazy. (Bloodborne is game 5 IMO, it's not the same Series if you ask me)

Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne.

What was the other game?

Yes, I know that. But in this case, because almost all of them are Sony exclusive, only now do I see how much of a difference it is as well as the personal connection I have with the series that makes this a bit more of a big deal to me.

I agree. Though due to the fact that TPP will much more... Shootery, if that's a word, compared MGS 1-3 (I still have yet to play MGS4) i'd be much more inclined to play it with a mouse and keyboard. And also of course due to the large improvements in graphics over the PS4 version.

I agree. Though due to the fact that TPP will much more... Shootery, if that's a word, compared MGS 1-3 (I still have yet to play MGS4) i'd be much more inclined to play it with a mouse and keyboard. And also of course due to the large improvements in graphics over the PS4 version.

I'm probably gonna get it on PS4, I mean graphics aren't everything after all (and of course, the personal tradition I have is something I take rather seriously).

As for the more shoot-focused aspect, the old games didn't really have the shooting aspect down because of the camera. 

Not everything looks great on PC, if the developers fail upon converting it from a console version to the PC version. Saints Row is a great example for my demonstration. Saints Row 1 was my favorite. The real GTA counterpart! Real robbery of shops, heists, dealing with enemies by real. Saw a PC version of it? Nope. They weren't able to port it.

Saints Row 2. The most terrible port of the game series. The performance requirements are 10x higher than the regular Xbox360 hardware, was not quite stable, had a terrible unfixable speedy gameplay bug, etc.

SR3 was okay, but far away from being perfect and stable.

SR4 and Gats from/in(?) hell "sequel", well... Games from the 21. Century. Horrible graphics.

Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne.

What was the other game?

Dark Souls 3.

Stagnation and rehashing is never good.

but those didn't happen.

the Series has yet to stagnate. the Players appreciate a game that (generally) heavily rewards Skill. more Content in the same ideals is far from bad.

if From Software wants to polish the Skill based ideal and provide more content(it's a f...load more content, by the way.), more power to them. if they don't, i'll understand but be a bit disappointed.

especially since their Level Design and pacing is generally... fantastic, top of the market. an example for others to learn from. it's often said that the Series is very popular with those that do Game Design for a living or have in the past - and i can't disagree. there's some awesome stuff being done, and when you've done it yourself, you can REALLY appreciate it.

the Series stands as almost a nonexistent creature in the Industry these days, Video Games where Skill is actually relevant to Gameplay. outside of Competitive PvP games, that is.

whether rehashing happened or not is splitting hairs, so i'll not go there.

Edited by taiiat

Depends on two things;

-If they're done separately

-If they're developed for PC first

"not everything looks great on pc, IF" recheck that sentence, andyou might figure out that my example was clearly taking a console game, being ported TO pc.

The separate (simultaneous programming) development has nothing to do with ported games, ergo misplaced in this thread.

"not everything looks great on pc, IF" recheck that sentence, andyou might figure out that my example was clearly taking a console game, being ported TO pc.

The separate (simultaneous programming) development has nothing to do with ported games, ergo misplaced in this thread.

k