The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Evolution Engine Consistenly Crashing Since U17.

StinkyPygmy

Title.

WF is crashing seemingly at random, fairly consistently and its getting rather frustrating especially because its so unpredictable.

It seems that there is nothing in particular in game that is causing it.

It can happen on any tile set, with any weapon/frame set up and even when nothing is actually happening.

I've had crashes while standing still with no enemies around.

The only time WF hasn't crashed is when not in a mission.

I've also submitted multiple reports via the crash popup if that helps.

For any devs that may see this, heres the number of my latest crash report: WAR-518661.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I don't think consistently fits since it's "unpredictable", consistent means there would be a pattern, but yes I've been getting random crashes as well .

Depends on the context.

If I said it consistently crashes when i do X, then yeah unpredictable wouldn't belong, but in this case consistently means its not a rare or isolated incident.

WF is frequently and consistently crashing for no apparent reason, which is a pattern in itself, the timing however and the cause are what make it unpredictable, because I can go anything from a couple of hours with no problem to crashing 3 missions in a row.

This, as opposed to "WF crashes everytime x and y happens".

Thats all semantics though and off topic.

I thought it was maybe just me which would mean it was likely an issue with my PC which is more of a hurdle to fix.

Good to know that might not be the case at least.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

All the more reason since it's a new update and may not be optimized to check (at least on windows) press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and open task manager then go to processes and find warframe if it is using some massive ammount of memory then chances are it's going to hit the limit and when it does it crashes

you need to provide us your specs and more details when those crashes actually happen.

we need to have a hard date what actually is the core of those crashes - the engine/ game or your pc.

if you ask " why " - on my 5y old pc with not so top notch specs on win 7 (i have changed only gf card - the old had fried up), after u 17 Warframe is working better than ever.

you need to provide us your specs and more details when those crashes actually happen.

we need to have a hard date what actually is the core of those crashes - the engine/ game or your pc.

if you ask " why " - on my 5y old pc with not so top notch specs on win 7 (i have changed only gf card - the old had fried up), after u 17 Warframe is working better than ever.

Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium

Processor: Intel core 2 duo CPU T6600 @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz

RAM: 4GB

System: 64bit

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT230 (Driver version 340.52)

My specs aren't the best I know but I very rarely have issues beyond the occasional frame rate drop. 

As I mentioned, I can't find a specific cause as to what causes the crash in game. Doesn't seem to matter what I'm doing WF has the potential to crash at anytime in a mission.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

All the more reason since it's a new update and may not be optimized to check (at least on windows) press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and open task manager then go to processes and find warframe if it is using some massive ammount of memory then chances are it's going to hit the limit and when it does it crashes

I had a look and WF is using approx 770,980K (at peak) while in the liset.

Guessing thats a tonne of memory usage? 

Edited by StinkyPygmy

I had a look and WF is using approx 770,980K (at peak) while in the liset.

Guessing thats a tonne of memory usage? 

no 770,980k seems about normal I'm using 909,460k right now so either you had a bunch of other thinks using memory in the background or much more likely memory isn't the problem

Unless it didn't crash while you were in the liset which is the kind of memory usage you should be looking for

Edited by -Amaterasu-

no 770,980k seems about normal I'm using 909,460k right now so either you had a bunch of other thinks using memory in the background or much more likely memory isn't the problem

Unless it didn't crash while you were in the liset which is the kind of memory usage you should be looking for

Ok thanks for helping to narrow it down.

I'll take a look and see if any unnecessary backround programs might be adding to the load, though everything seemed to be using reasonable amounts of memory for what they were, especially considering WF was the only program in the 100,000 mark.