Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

U17, Rare Tiles, And Non-Decorative Doors

Doom_Bunny

U17:

Since U17 missions appear to of been shortend by loading less tiles. I did a Ceres sabotage mission in just 6 tiles. That would be fine if it was a survival mission with it's large tiles but the only large tiles were extraction and the tile holding the objective. I know, we don't have coptering anymore so we "can't go as fast" but still shortening the missions by using less tiles makes the mission feel too fast, it's over too quickly. I get the same feeling from; the new mobile defence as the consoles are not that far apart, and capture as there is only one target with a few tiles.

Rare tiles:

Arfter finding the Kuria I'm just left wondering why in the world do we have rare tiles in the first place? You know? These tiles look fantastic but are held back by rng. Here:

oAnlTfY.jpg

I stumbled upon this tile while looking for the Kuria. I assume this tile is new though, as i haven't seen it before. However the point is that during the many runs I did in Phobos I only saw this tile once. One time was the only chance I got to view this tile meanwhile I pass through the same tiles 100's of times as I've done before. Just adding rare tiles into the regular rotation would easily spice up the rng maps because they're different from the regular tiles. Even if they become regular it still would provide more variety.

Other rooms I've only seen once:

A room shaped like cresent bay in cave.

Another was a small box room that felt like an extraction point, it even had large amounts of cover for enemies.

A third was only small but you had to parkour to reach the next door.

If these rooms were experimental would it not have been better to have them in the regular rotation so more people play it and thus more people provide feedback.

*Also not sure if this should go here but, for a quality of life aspect could the sludge/oil (pictured above) on Phobos cause environment damage? Similar to how explosive barrels are considered environment damage as they hurt us and the enemy. Could the sludge slow/hurt us and the enemy.

Non-Decorative Doors:

I love this part of the update. On the Corpus Outpost there is a large hangar room and it used to be straight forwards like a corridor, the doors on the side of the room were just decorative. Now though, those doors actualy open and provide spawn rooms, or just lead on to other rooms. I was confused when walking into the hangar from the side but I like this. More doors that aren't just decorations please.

Edited by Postal_pat

I've also wondered about rare tiles. I'm not sure what purpose restricting their appearances serves. It certainly doesn't make them more special, it just makes the more common ones seem repetitive, and after running through the exact same cross connector 50 times in a row, it becomes dull. Seems like a waste of work to have so many great tiles locked behind RNG.