Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If We Get Umbra Excalibur Prime Here, Then...

We are NOT getting ExcalUmbraPrime, DE Steve stated that it is EXCLUSIVE to the Chinese version of the game.

Global build is never getting any sort of Primed Excalibur.

This, normal umbra is what we'll get here but it will have stats of umbra prime, which will finally put the "omg i can't obtain a better excalibur versions that founder have" argument to rest.

Guest (PS4)Baby0Shaq34

C'mon you know its totally different.. prime > non-prime , thats a thing, don't talk about ember or mag or frost.umbra is different but its just dumb to release a new warframe with same abilities -_- and we have already an excal prime. Maybe chinese dont have at all Excal Prime and take mastery from Umbra Prime.

Anyway everybody should stop care about that and just see what will go on. DE will do his job about

No it's not. If they want to release a frame/skin with the same abilities for plat to make money. Then by all means, release it. It's intelligent. Quit with the disrespect.

Guest (PS4)Baby0Shaq34

Sigh...umbra prime(and those 2 weapons) is a founder package in China, it's not "more like Prime Access". It's a founder package.

They are allowed to have founders on their chinese consoles and the pc version because it's not DE that's running that version.

DE already had their founders once and that was it and that was before the consoles were even a thing for warframe, this is why consoles here(in our global version can't get founders package without DE breaking the promise).

China can, because they haven't had any form of founders and this is their first pack and they are pretty much starting from scratch(because they dont share playerbase with us), this exclusivity is helping them build up their game, just like it helped DE did it with this version and founders here.

Ok.

So when China starts making new Warframes.

That should be exclusive to them right?

i think it's entirely possible that eventually china WF will have lots of different content exclusive to them since as far as i understand it it's a totally different version of the game published by a different company. i don't know the details of the deal but i they bought something like a dev kit from DE and are creating content for that different game i think we should all stop comparing the global version to the chinese one.

Ok.

So when China starts making new Warframes.

That should be exclusive to them right?

They wont have any other exclusives. They get content from DE who makes exact same stuff for us and them, however its up to Changyou to decide what they want to release and in what order since its their own separate game that is a couple of patches behind.

So primes are a waste?

New warframe with same ability-but different stat

Possibly different skill effects like primes

Its an upgrade version

Hows that a waste?

i'm not talking about primes being a waste, talking about umbra here. prime will always > non-prime, that's a thing.

Umbra as a new warframe is a waste to my mind, because i would like to see something NEW than a warframe who has got same abilities than the first warframe ever: Excal (which already have his upgrade version). Its not exciting at all to my side. I would prefer to get it as a skin and see NEW things ( as a new Warframe, and maybe because of Umbra that wont happen when Umbra will be available if it will be as a Warframe ).

i might be wrong, maybe they'll do totally something else, but belongs to some speculations, i would not enjoy at all if it happens

Also sorry if i might be uncleared, trying to do my best with english. But i think you guys see my point of you

However everyone can still have his own , of course!

Edited by cob_metallica

i'm not talking about primes being a waste, talking about umbra here. prime will always > non-prime, that's a thing.

Umbra as a new warframe is a waste to my mind, because i would like to see something NEW than a warframe who has got same abilities than the first warframe ever: Excal (which already have his upgrade version). Its not exciting at all to my side. I would prefer to get it as a skin and see NEW things ( as a new Warframe, and maybe because of Umbra that wont happen when Umbra will be available if it will be as a Warframe ).

Well I'm not a developer so I may be wrong

I dont think implementing Umbra Excal as a warframe would take so much work compared to making it a skin that they wouldnt be able to work on sth new

After all in China build they already got Umbra Prime as a separate frame

Basically

Whether they release it as a skin or a frame

It likely wont hinder the progress of a new frame

And idk Excal has an upgrade version.....but thats unobtainable for most players

I see Umbra Excal as a prospective 'Excalibur Prime' that everyone can get

So I would prefer it to be released as a frame

Although I wouldnt mind if its comes out as a skin either

Well I'm not a developer so I may be wrong

I dont think implementing Umbra Excal as a warframe would take so much work compared to making it a skin that they wouldnt be able to work on sth new

After all in China build they already got Umbra Prime as a separate frame

Basically

Whether they release it as a skin or a frame

It likely wont hinder the progress of a new frame

And idk Excal has an upgrade version.....but thats unobtainable for most players

I see Umbra Excal as a prospective 'Excalibur Prime' that everyone can get

So I would prefer it to be released as a frame

Although I wouldnt mind if its comes out as a skin either

I was thinking also about a skin because that would make more sense but Steve said it will have same stats than Umbra Prime (Extra energy and i dont know if there's something else) and people say that it will be the same problem than old arcane helmet if its a skin with enhancement, so i dont really know how it will goes but if its a new warframe that would just kicks casual excal from everybody minds from playing it (same problem than old arcane helmet at the end who made a must of taking some arcane helmet, everybody will take this skin with extra stat)

I hope also it wont hinder the progress of a new frame as you said, thats really all i'd want. Anyway there are only speculations so we can only wait and see what will happen

Umbra as a new warframe is a waste to my mind, because i would like to see something NEW than a warframe who has got same abilities than the first warframe ever: Excal (which already have his upgrade version). Its not exciting at all to my side. I would prefer to get it as a skin and see NEW things ( as a new Warframe, and maybe because of Umbra that wont happen when Umbra will be available if it will be as a Warframe

Prime wasn't always better. The early primes were probably the most useless thongs to you right? Umbra> prime> regular

And his upgrade isn't commonly available, not much of an upgrade and doesn't look good. For console he doesn't even have an upgrade.

And Umbra will be a small series anyway.

Plus like you said it'd be like an arcane. For me so far based off Umbra Prime (I hate that loinclothe and scarf) I only like the helmet. I can slap one of the many Excalibur skins on it.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

I want DE to release a special frame/weapon to a select few people, selected only by RNG. 

Let the salt rain, may it flood every untouched crevice. 

I actually like this idea :). That will make everyone special and mysterious at the same time as you will need to discover your enemies' weapon in conclave instead of already knowing what the enemy can do :) (reminds me of Fate/Stay)

Did you keep track how the topics in which we have to repeat the same stuff over and over?

P.S. Siralextraffo here! :D

I sort of am giving up of repeating myself lol. I remembered the first threads about umbra when everyone was saying that the UEP is a UE and that we will be getting UEP at a later stage. I proved it otherwise but people doubted my translation (even though I am chinese myself :P)

Nice to see you here as wel l btw lol

• 1 month later...

yeah personally, if theres two versions of umbra excal, one prime one not prime, im gonna feel ripped off. to me and many console gamers, china isnt any more of a new market than expanding to consoles was.

my opinion:

they get TIMED EXCLUSIVE stuff = cool.

they get EXCLUSIVE stuff with a TIMED EXCLUSIVE knock off = we got screwed.

I can completely understand keeping the promise to founders to not rerelease excal prime, but basically releasing a NEW prime excal that we cant have either would be a slap in the face. it would basically be DE telling console players "you are the only group of players we don't think is worth getting a prime excal"

and if it happens that way I may not stop playing, but I would most definitely stop buying prime accessory packs n prestige packs. I buy those things because I like to support this game and DE. I wouldn't want to support them if I felt like they're basically telling me to screw off.

We aren't getting Umbra Prime.

We aren't getting Vanilla (Salt, it you prefer) Prime.

Warframe-China is mostly led by ChangYou, DE isn't directing there. DE will say if we are getting content from that game to ours. This included the Ninkondi and Spira, and Excalibur Umbra "stop asking, I'm not a prime" warframe.

lol DE never said Umbra isn't coming they actually said he is coming and that the only difference between Umbra and Umbra Prime is the label Prime

Actually, DE said the two frames were "virtually identical". But I still question that. Why not just say that they are "identical?"

Actually, DE said the two frames were "virtually identical". But I still question that. Why not just say that they are "identical?"

Yeah....

Im speculating that this "virtual identical" thing is just that it will have the same stats as umbra/prime, therefore it's virtually identical frame, the only difference is the aesthetics.(lets be honest here stats>looks as far as p2w and non-founder crying about "better excalibur" is concerned)

Getting exact copy of umbra prime just without "prime" in the name for global version is "too good to be true", especially when Chinese have to pay for it in their founders package, but whatever....we'll just wait and see.

Edited by kiteohatto