Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is How I Felt About Parkour 2.0 After Playing It For 10 Minutes

Viqualy

Ok, so I've had a bit with the new Parkour system.

<snip>

Parkour 2.0 is a little odd in that the (very few) things the old parkour system made easy, the new system makes harder. As people have mentioned, shooting and hitting something while wall running is nigh impossible, and bounding from flat surface to flat surface requires quite a bit of practice and a lot more skill. Of course, there are few areas where the old wall running system was actually doable (and by wall running, I mean actually running on the wall and not just latching on for a fraction of a second so you could fling off at light speed) so all in all I think it's a great improvement. Aim glide and wall latch can both be used very effectively, the evasion granted by rolling is highly useful and a great tool for keeping up momentum, knowing when to do a vertical bullet jump vs double jump makes traversing a level look smooth and fluid. Using parkour to keep out of range of an ancient's hook, using a wall latch, and sniping him from above looks and feels so much better than just lolcoptering away.

Is it harder to do? Yes. Is it more awesome? Also yes. People have been begging for the skill cap to increase on this game, and here we have it.

Also, stop using Rush, start using Mobilize. It's cheaper, and the +20% bullet jump makes all frames move fast regardless of your base sprint speed. No, we will never achieve the speed we did with Rush/Zoren/Loki, but Zoren/Tipedo is no longer mandatory on slower frames. It's a tradeoff.

And the wall hopping looks awesome. :P

You could also copter in air and copter again to change direction if you're heading off a cliff~ you can only bullet jump once and never change direction.

Double jumping can completely reverse your momentum. Not as much as an old-school copter, but it'll stop you from falling off a cliff.

Edited by ArbitUHM

Parkour 2.0 is a little odd in that the (very few) things the old parkour system made easy, the new system makes harder. As people have mentioned, shooting and hitting something while wall running is nigh impossible, and bounding from flat surface to flat surface requires quite a bit of practice and a lot more skill. Of course, there are few areas where the old wall running system was actually doable (and by wall running, I mean actually running on the wall and not just latching on for a fraction of a second so you could fling off at light speed) so all in all I think it's a great improvement. Aim glide and wall latch can both be used very effectively, the evasion granted by rolling is highly useful and a great tool for keeping up momentum, knowing when to do a vertical bullet jump vs double jump makes traversing a level look smooth and fluid. Using parkour to keep out of range of an ancient's hook, using a wall latch, and sniping him from above looks and feels so much better than just lolcoptering away.

Is it harder to do? Yes. Is it more awesome? Also yes. People have been begging for the skill cap to increase on this game, and here we have it.

Also, stop using Rush, start using Mobilize. It's cheaper, and the +20% bullet jump makes all frames move fast regardless of your base sprint speed. No, we will never achieve the speed we did with Rush/Zoren/Loki, but Zoren/Tipedo is no longer mandatory on slower frames. It's a tradeoff.

And the wall hopping looks awesome. :P

Double jumping can completely reverse your momentum. Not as much as an old-school copter, but it'll stop you from falling off a cliff.

Can't at all if you already used it to move forward. Generally it's combined with bullet meow immediately after use for the full forward burst, then you're at the mercy of gravity as you go sailing.

Why would you copter away? You copter through. The ancient is dead and you keep moving.

This is another reason why I think people just weren't very skilled with coptering when they complained about controlling it. Slow reflexes and missing the obvious. 

P.S. Why mobilize? Piercing step is 18% to Mobilze's 20 and adds damage. Again, I'm not sure you've thought this through. And I can use it AND Rush.

Rhino Prime still runs faster than he jumps, and it's more than 2% faster.

My opinion is still the same. Parkour 2.0 is fixable, but overall worse.

P.S. I'm really trying not to say 'git gud'. 

Why would you copter away? You copter through. The ancient is dead and you keep moving.

This is another reason why I think people just weren't very skilled with coptering when they complained about controlling it. Slow reflexes and missing the obvious. 

P.S. Why mobilize? Piercing step is 18% to Mobilze's 20 and adds damage. Again, I'm not sure you've thought this through. And I can use it AND Rush.

Rhino Prime still runs faster than he jumps, and it's more than 2% faster.

My opinion is still the same. Parkour 2.0 is fixable, but overall worse.

P.S. I'm really trying not to say 'git gud'. 

Oh, you're one of these people that thinks coptering required skill, reflexes, and tactics rather than just spamming a horrible looking attack to abuse a broken momentum system... ha ha

That scenario is from the perspective of a ranged loadout character and assumes that there are bunch more infested nearby that you don't necessarily want to jump into the middle of, which there pretty much always are. If you're a melee build and you do want to get in his face and avoid his hook, you roll. It's fast, and the damage reduction makes you practically invulnerable.

The point of using Mobilize is it's a cheap way to increase your movement speed and you're going to be bullet jumping around most of the time anyway. You can't sprint and bullet jump at the same time, so why use Rush and Mobilize at the same time? Use those mod points on something else instead of focusing everything on speed, speed, and more speed. Piercing Step vs Mobilize - PS has worse bullet jump improvement, the damage increase and proc are both worthless, and the mod costs 80% more mod points (5 vs 9). Mobilize goes great in an Exilus slot.

Your solutions are to redo two years worth of maps, give every weapon the same copter speed which would probably require retuning animations and slide attack damage for all like 80+ melee weapons, keeping a terrible looking mobility tool that even the developers have admitted looked terrible... I think you're the one that hasn't thought things through.

Edited by ArbitUHM

The point of using Mobilize is it's a cheap way to increase your movement speed and you're going to be bullet jumping around most of the time anyway.

No, you're not. Bullet jump IS slow.  If you're going for speed and long distance jumps (IE jumping through a room in a straight direction), bullet jump represent 10 to 15% of the total distance you're getting out of parkour 2.0. And if you're going jump around a room like a monkey, as long as the distance available is longer than 10 meters, you'll be left in the dust by somebody that actually knows what he's doing.

I've been asking for bullet jump to be buffed and for the bonus speed gained for other acrobatics to be moved to bullet jump instead.

Gliding, Dodge-rolls and double jump is where you get speed and distance. Bullet jump is pitiful in comparison.

Funny how whiny complaint topics can pop up and people like you don't bat an eye. But a praise thread pops up and it's WTF IZ DIS?!?!?

The tone of this one seems intended to pick a fight with players that were fond of Parkour 1.0.

Hilariously, it seems to be failing at this, and Parkour 2.0 seems to be pretty well received.

No, you're not. Bullet jump IS slow.  If you're going for speed and long distance jumps (IE jumping through a room in a straight direction), bullet jump represent 10 to 15% of the total distance you're getting out of parkour 2.0. And if you're going jump around a room like a monkey, as long as the distance available is longer than 10 meters, you'll be left in the dust by somebody that actually knows what he's doing.

I've been asking for bullet jump to be buffed and for the bonus speed gained for other acrobatics to be moved to bullet jump instead.

Gliding, Dodge-rolls and double jump is where you get speed and distance. Bullet jump is pitiful in comparison.

In my experience, the fastest way to go is to bullet jump followed immediately by a double jump. Mobilize effectively increases your momentum by 20% - the bullet jump is faster, and since the double jump is based on the speed of your bullet jump, it also gets boosted by 20%. You keep that boost until you touch the ground. You don't bullet jump 20% faster, then slow down to normal speed when you double jump.

edit: derp, somehow I didn't see your last paragraph. Well anyway, I think my point still stands - any double jumping, air-rolling, and gliding is based off of your faster bullet jump speed, which translates into an overall increase of 20%.

Edited by ArbitUHM

Parkour 2.0 is better yes, but far from perfect.

Bullet jump is useless for anything other than height and going for long jumps require a ton of button mashing.

This is so wrong lol

If you have any of the new bullet jump proc. mods, it can be super useful if you're surrounded completely. Just bullet jump, and if you have (lets say) Firewalker, you will make everyone fall down around you and catch on fire. Easy. Also, it's not "button mashing", it's about the same amounts of buttons you'd be using if you were playing any other game. Warframe pretty much made you used to pressing like 3 keys maximum at a time, and tbh if this is "button mashing" you should play "osu!" to truly understand button mashing.

-snip-

Have you tried using any of the bullet jump mods?

Not only can you stack them (I.e put on 1 elemental and 1 proc. jump) (In this case, I'll say the impact one maxed which would be +18% speed, and Ice spring maxed, which would be +24.2% speed, totaling to +42.2% speed in your bullet jumps) You can make it so your bullet jump does damage to the enemies around you. 

I really don't see why people are whining about parkour 2.0. It actually makes the game a challenge, and you actually have to do at least half the map, rather than just running through the map, spamming ctrl+jump over and over again, or ctrl+e. I don't see how you guys found THAT stuff more fun than bunny hopping on/off the walls, gliding through the air, or doing a bad-&amp;#&#33; spiral jump that can get faster than parkour 1.0 copter and/or ctrl+jump, if you mod correctly. Parkour 1.0 was completely lame. Right now, it's more than just ctrl jump, ctrl e. It's ctrl jump, jump off wall, double jump to other wall, bullet jump right into the enemy's face and slam their &amp;#&#33; with your meelee, escape crowd with bullet jump, jump off enemy's head (Yes, you can do that now. Some people don't know this yet) etc.

If you're saying Parkour 1.0 was more fun than parkour 2.0...

No. Just seriously no. You're basically saying a 2D game has more movement capabilities than a 3D game does.