Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It May Just Be Me But...

Regenerating_Degenerate

Has some of the recent posts seem like they shouldn't exist? and have any of you noticed that steam is getting flooded with all these very short cheap fake game "demos" and early access games that make you want to go hide in your room until the next Halo or Fallout comes out and that weird "Japanese cat girl petting weird s#!t". i think the gaming world is a couple years from getting stuck in a black hole of stupidity. we all as the gamer race needs to raise bar a few feet or maybe 10 for good measure and stop letting these horrible games from seeing the light of day, we should stop paying for game we know will be god awful, and how do we know it will be god awful you ask? if you see people complaining about the game before they've ever played a single seconds of it, it is probably an awful game. if you have to spend more than 25$ before you can even see what you are really paying for, its probably an awful game. just stop paying for games until you know what you are buying. if nobody buys the game it will force the creators to show you what they want you to buy and maybe it might be worth it or end up being another game in your steam library gathering pixels (since non-physical objects can't gather dust on them.) ;) 

Rip into me as much as you please i wont be reading the comments on this post. i am just putting this here because only a few  good souls will read it and maybe help rid the universe of bad video game clutter.

Have a lovely life and use the power of common sense next time you think about buying a game!. :) <3

Here's a strange potato for your time. Thank you!

worst-game-ever-pear-or-potato.jpg

Edited by Navec

i will admit Fallout 4 does look like it will be terrible, it has too many features that seem bland, and last guardian is just a different version of ICO (if you remember that game i feel sorry for you with all my heart) and FFXV is just another old broken game that is getting a shinny new coat of paint.

and Thanks Rex

i will admit Fallout 4 does look like it will be terrible, it has too many features that seem bland, and last guardian is just a different version of ICO (if you remember that game i feel sorry for you with all my heart) and FFXV is just another old broken game that is getting a shinny new coat of paint.

You've played none of them.

You don't know how they will play out.

Therefore, your logic is complete baloney. 

I've played FFXV, it's far from broken and is actually a really good game (for a demo).

I do remember Ico, and I loved it. 

Your logic makes no sense, your message does make sense and I agree, but the way you're going about it is extremely illogical. 

The point of the post is illogical. i have a good understanding of psychology, if you say something nice to someone they will forget everything about you in a couple days, but if you be something they think is negative or something they don't agree with they might remember what you said for a long time. don't you remember that day in summer camp when you got a bad name by someone you don't like? well there you go sport! i "schrodinger's cat" Fallout 4, and i played the demo of FF aswell, it was fun but only reminded me of bad memories during the time i played the older FF games. Also ICO was good if you forced yourself through it and got to the end or didn't have much video game experience to understand what was going on. i speak from inexperience haha

Edited by Navec

The point of the post is illogical. i have a good understanding of psychology, if you say something nice to someone they will forget everything about you in a couple days, but if you be something they think is negative or something they don't agree with they might remember what you said for a long time. don't you remember that day in summer camp when you got a bad name by someone you don't like? well there you go sport! i "schrodinger's cat" Fallout 4, and i played the demo of FF aswell, it was fun but only reminded me of bad memories during the time i played the older FF games. Also ICO was good if you forced yourself through it and got to the end or didn't have much video game experience to understand what was going on. i speak from inexperience haha

I have a good understanding of psychology as well, and what you say is true (to some degree, it depends on the person). 

The point is, do not listen to people who have not played the game if they say it's going to be terrible. Because they only base it on other games or just for no reason whatsoever. 

Like you. You have bad memories of FF and Ico, so you see these games as being bad. When in reality, they can be the exact opposite. Give them a chance, and ignore the past. If you keep letting it get to you, then you'll never have fun with anything that you have a past with.

I don't get the Schrondiger's cat reference in relation to Fallout 4.

I have a good understanding of psychology as well, and what you say is true (to some degree, it depends on the person). 

The point is, do not listen to people who have not played the game if they say it's going to be terrible. Because they only base it on other games or just for no reason whatsoever. 

Like you. You have bad memories of FF and Ico, so you see these games as being bad. When in reality, they can be the exact opposite. Give them a chance, and ignore the past. If you keep letting it get to you, then you'll never have fun with anything that you have a past with.

I don't get the Schrondiger's cat reference in relation to Fallout 4.

Nice to have a commenter as smart as you! and yes i should give both games another chance but its kinda hard to find ICO haha

and the "Schrondiger's" reference was for the fact that i both like and dislike the game, i forgot to go into better detail on that

Whether a game is good or not is completely subjective. As long as someone has an interest for it, the industry will make it and that person will buy it.

I just don't like people paying for game they have interest in before they can see if it is really something they want to spend money on. for example i played Starbound and liked it but the game kinda died after a while, and i know a few people put a crazy amount of money into the game and now they probably regret spending 200-2000$ on extra neat things like a statue of themselves...

You say something about the glory that is nekopara m8?

In all seriousness though the only issue I see is when people charge money for the equivalent of a game thats made in a hour in unity and is just god-awful even for someone new to game development.

Other then that i don't really see the issue, even with all the hilarious VNs and pointless games like sakura clicker that have come out recently.

Most of those games are kind of a joke OP, not to be taken seriously. They certainly don't effect the rest of the industry in a negative way.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some anime catgirls to pat till their clothes fall off.

Most of those games are kind of a joke OP, not to be taken seriously. They certainly don't effect the rest of the industry in a negative way.

Plus, these things have been around for years now and they haven't done anything negative towards the industry (yet....)

You say something about the glory that is nekopara m8?

In all seriousness though the only issue I see is when people charge money for the equivalent of a game thats made in a hour in unity and is just god-awful even for someone new to game development.

Other then that i don't really see the issue, even with all the hilarious VNs and pointless games like sakura clicker that have come out recently.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some anime catgirls to pat till their clothes fall off.

Yes i see your point, 2 bucks is a joke. but still, if they see that people are paying 2 bucks a joke maybe the same person will spend 20$ for the same joke with a different color and 15 seconds longer. if that keeps happening it will add to the toxic sea of butthurt players who spent too much on a dog house when they have a cat. if at this point you think i'm serious about any of this i'm not, i just have the ability to see through the fingers of a few gamers with 99.9 problems.

Edited by Navec

• 2 weeks later...

I am saddened I have not been on the forums recently and was unable to partake.

Theres always time! just make a huge quote with the quotes you would have commented on that you want me to see so i can comment back. and yes i'm very stoned when i write all this posts. i'm going to change my name to something close to "TheStonedPosterFromADifferentPlanetsHell". Thank you