Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash's Teleport Could Use Some Help

R34LM

You really need to get off the defensive of Zephyr; you are putting her on too high of a pedestal. Your example is extreme as you said, while you are merely perceiving what I, as well as others in this thread, suggest is extreme simply because you don't want Ash to be part of the Mobility Club.

I'm totally fine with Ash having high mobility. As I've said, an excellent way to accomplish this is to have Ash be able to teleport to shurikens he's thrown. What I'm saying is that a free aim Teleport with no other limitations would actually make Ash more mobile than Zephyr, and every other frame in the game. Tail Wind moves you from point A to point B at a very fast speed, and a free aim Teleport would move you from point A to point B instantly. If Ash had to throw a shuriken where he wanted to teleport, it would not only give more use to Shuriken, but also allow Ash to have high mobility without being straight up superior to Zephyr, since you would have to take the time and energy to cast Shuriken as well.

Also, I don't see you giving any fuss about Loki switch teleporting with his decoy, which I would see to be the worst offender as of now if I were to take your side in this.

Loki has to use two abilities in conjunction with each other, which increases the energy cost and slows down the process. You also can't place a decoy anywhere you want, and the decoy can fall or become obstructed. Allowing Ash to teleport to his shurikens would be very similar to this combo.

If you really do think that Zephyr should maintain the highest mobility, then we should be able to agree that Teleport should provide higher mobility for Ash, but needs a limitation to prevent it from becoming a straight upgrade to Tail Wind.

I'm totally fine with Ash having high mobility. As I've said, an excellent way to accomplish this is to have Ash be able to teleport to shurikens he's thrown. What I'm saying is that a free aim Teleport with no other limitations would actually make Ash more mobile than Zephyr, and every other frame in the game. Tail Wind moves you from point A to point B at a very fast speed, and a free aim Teleport would move you from point A to point B instantly. If Ash had to throw a shuriken where he wanted to teleport, it would not only give more use to Shuriken, but also allow Ash to have high mobility without being straight up superior to Zephyr, since you would have to take the time and energy to cast Shuriken as well.

Loki has to use two abilities in conjunction with each other, which increases the energy cost and slows down the process. You also can't place a decoy anywhere you want, and the decoy can fall or become obstructed. Allowing Ash to teleport to his shurikens would be very similar to this combo.

If you really do think that Zephyr should maintain the highest mobility, then we should be able to agree that Teleport should provide higher mobility for Ash, but needs a limitation to prevent it from becoming a straight upgrade to Tail Wind.

Shuriken is very unwieldy due to it's arc. Also, if enemies are nearby, it's even worse because of it's rather poor homing mechanic. If I wanted to teleport across a room of enemies without alerting them using the said shuriken technique, shuriken would need to be a straight shot and not be able to home in on enemies, two changes that will likely not happen. Also, I feel that the concept just unnecessarily limits teleport. It might as well be called mark and recall at that point.

Again, the limitation Ash would receive is effective range. Tailwind, at base, has the potential to fly much farther than what Teleport can at the same base. Base range can always be reduced for free aim teleport.

Edited by R34LM

Again, the limitation Ash would receive is effective range. Tailwind, at base, has the potential to fly much farther than what Teleport can at the same base. Base range can always be reduced for free aim teleport.

Teleport's unmodded range is 60m. I've never been able to go anywhere near that far regardless of how much duration my build has. Simply reducing the range feels rather bland, but it should work if the range reduction was drastic enough. Even a range reduction as large as 50% would still make it a better mobility skill than Tail Wind. There's also the issue of spamming it, something you can't really do with Tail Wind, mainly due to bugs and BS. This could still work, though. If the bugs and BS were removed from Tail Wind or spamming was somehow limited for Teleport, and Teleport's range was reduced enough, this should be a viable solution.

I seriously encourage Free aim Teleport to have shorter range and maybe a slightly higher energy cost

Free aim teleport being shorter in range shouldnt exceed Zephyr in Mobility this way soo all the Zephyrs who are mad can understand this

Original Teleport imo should have a Auto finisher 

I call it Targeted Teleport

I think my Teleport Augments should grant the free aim Teleport since it would be vital to its playstyle I just hope DE will notice this xD

People have talked about free aim teleport. It won't happen, DE has said so, they don't want any sort of teleportation without a downside. Ash needs a target, Loki also needs a target but he can make his own, still limited to ground teleportation as Decoy can't float. Nova's wormhole is almost free aim but limited by range, by counter acted by making it multi use teleportation. 

Animation priorities are such a big problem in this game. For warframes, it can mean completely negating a stun (Just by performing some animation that uses your entire body) or things like impact proc stuns will override bigger stuns (like knocking them down on the ground) and result in them actually being able to fight back sooner.

I play ash more than any other warframe and have since i started a long time ago. Teleport right now is not useless infact its one of my favorite moves in the game but im all for turning it into an instant finisher, Just seems like it would feel smoother and less clunky that way and being able to do the bladestorm animation on enemies that cant normally be finisher...ed... would make ash overall more effective in every situation. Also please DE make his wrist blades a melee weapon you can equip or change bladestorm into an ult like excaliber or valkyr but instead he teleports and does a finisher on anyone you hit when you melee attack.

If they do end up making changes to ash as long as he still teleports and has wrist blades ill probably be happy with it. Im happy with him where he is infact but he could forsure use some bug fixing, he's always had the buggiest moves. Does anybody remember the old school fish eye no animation bladestorm that was a 50/50 you would end up outside the level afterwards?