The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tigris And Duplex Trigger

ThePredicament

I agree with you on the condition that they fix the alt fire. Currently, it has massive delay after the first shot so you cannot fire the second shot in rapid succession manually the way duplex-auto does. Makes the gun feel super slow and clunky

You can fire each shot individually quite fast with the current trigger mechanism, but not with alt fire.

I agree with you on the condition that they fix the alt fire. Currently, it has massive delay after the first shot so you cannot fire the second shot in rapid succession manually the way duplex-auto does. Makes the gun feel super slow and clunky

You can fire each shot individually quite fast with the current trigger mechanism, but not with alt fire.

But U do know that Tigris alt fire is silent ? It doesn't alarm enemies.

Obviously a bug, but for now a stealth viable one.

Get rid of it. We have a single shot now, so there's absolutely no more need for it. Primary=both barrels at once, Secondary=single barrel. It can already be done with a mousewheel.

No long standing tigris users such as myself prefers this over the altfire also tainted shell has no negative effects on the duplex fire mechanic

Get rid of it. We have a single shot now, so there's absolutely no more need for it. Primary=both barrels at once, Secondary=single barrel. It can already be done with a mousewheel.

No. Its firemechanic is what makes the weapon special. I like the weapon not bacause of its stats, but how it looks and how it feels. Now it even has alt-fire for people like you, who jumped on the weapon after U17 buff.

Don't make another Vectis P thread out of this.

No. Its firemechanic is what makes the weapon special. I like the weapon not bacause of its stats, but how it looks and how it feels. Now it even has alt-fire for people like you, who jumped on the weapon after U17 buff.

Don't make another Vectis P thread out of this.

Pffft, don't pretend to assume you know anything about me. My Tigris was maxed way before it got buffed, most likely way before you have.

Special? Is this the new kind of hipster gaming lingo? "Don't change it because it's special even though it was poorly done!" For a double barreled shotgun, it doesn't even make sense. Duplex is a product of mechanics limitations, now there isn't, simple as that.

I agree with not getting rid of the duplex for it not being affect by tainted shell and you dont have to hold it for ever do a roll while holding it and it will hold on one any one who uses the tigris a good bit should know that while its a pain I just have it built in with my parkour so I finish the parkour with a roll and dont have to fire the shot. But if it was to happen I would prefer to keep the duplex but just but it as altfire version.

^And nothing was added to the discussion.

For the Tainted Shell thing, a double barreled shot isn't going to change anything, actively reloading will negate that. For single barrel fire, it's not even that great of an argument, if you happened to need BOTH barrels to kill a target, faster with a double shot, if you need just one, you'll have to retrain your aim, the instant burst wouldn't have been needed anyway.

Fix alt fire to not have any delays, primary shoots both barrels.

^And nothing was added to the discussion.

For the Tainted Shell thing, a double barreled shot isn't going to change anything, actively reloading will negate that. For single barrel fire, it's not even that great of an argument, if you happened to need BOTH barrels to kill a target, faster with a double shot, if you need just one, you'll have to retrain your aim, the instant burst wouldn't have been needed anyway.

Fix alt fire to not have any delays, primary shoots both barrels.

right now single fire is slow, there is a delay so using normal fire I can shoot  2 targets away from each other than I can with the ult fire.. why, because the Duplex shot still counts the 2nd shot as the 1st, no need for me to press the fire button twice, just hold and release, no need for me to press a button twice

I like the duplex auto. No other shotgun has this trigger type and its really useful against stronger units that can take more than one shot from the Tigris.

Hence why it's both barrels for the 100k naked damage instead of consecutive 50k. Another cool thing about shooting both barrels at once is that enemies such as manics and manic bombards will get pelted with all pellets, instead of getting hit by the first blast and then being invincible for the second.

right now single fire is slow, there is a delay so using normal fire I can shoot  2 targets away from each other than I can with the ult fire.. why, because the Duplex shot still counts the 2nd shot as the 1st, no need for me to press the fire button twice, just hold and release, no need for me to press a button twice

The delay seems to be more like a bug than anything else, judging by how alt fire is silent, it seems like they didn't fully program how alt fire behaves and instead cpied code instead. The beneficial side effect of fixing the delay is that having more than two per load (with burdened magazine and ammo stock) will result in four undelayed shots (or two undelayed bursts), unlike how it is now.

Ugh, I don't understand why they would even get rid of alt fire, even Brutal Doom has alt fire for the super shotgun. I mean, yes, it was bugged but those were particularly easy fixes. Like how they try to spin it like it didn't do anything, too and not just dump it on the fixes list.

Tigris Changes:

The addition of alt-fire on the Tigris came as an unintended change during the split of alt-fire and aim.  As a result, the alternative fire button on the Tigris has been removed.  Players can now tap the attack button once for a both barrels, or hold down the fire button to delay firing the second barrel. Please note that this does not change the DPS of the Tigris!

Looks like you got the opposite of what you wanted, OP. Ouch.

I think it's interesting that they just outright removed an option-- especially one that people have been wanting.

I've gotten used to the duplex-fire and I think it works (definitely not my favorite), but looking at how they describe it makes me scratch my head at how weird of a firing mechanism it really is--

"Tap fire to unload the whole thing, and hold to fire one!"

Which is pretty much the opposite of every other gun which is:

"Tap fire for one round at a time, and hold to unload!"

Edited by HolidayPi3

I only started using the tigris after U17 and i have primarily used the atl-fire so i might not know what i'm talking about. Still the current trigger mechanism seems really clunky. For example if you fire one barrel and hold the firing button and do a backflip ect. if cancels the firing process so that you cant fire the second shot by just releasing the firing button. Also there seems to be weird lag, which sometimes feels like a second, in firing the second shot when releasing the fire button if you strafe or change directions too much. I personally prefered the system where you could just alt-fire one barrel or just normally fire both.

"Tigris Changes:

The addition of alt-fire on the Tigris came as an unintended change during the split of alt-fire and aim.  As a result, the alternative fire button on the Tigris has been removed.  Players can now tap the attack button once for a both barrels, or hold down the fire button to delay firing the second barrel. Please note that this does not change the DPS of the Tigris!"

I despise this change for one reason: using the Tigris causes me physical pain due holding the mouse button. Having an alternate fire let me conserve ammo and actually enjoy using the weapon, but now it'll go back to being borderline unusable simply due to the hand strain.

Revert this change and fix the secondary fire so that it isn't silent. Please DE, for the sake of my right hand.

RIP Tigris.

The duplex trigger was a bad idea from the beginning and, prior to U17, frequently cited right alongside the subpar damage as a compelling reason to avoid this gun. The addition of the alt-fire was a huge usability improvement and I'm genuinely surprised to see it taken away. Pretty much everyone asked for this, it doesn't affect the vocal minority who actually liked the duplex trigger, and it makes the weapon that much more fun to use for those who like both triggers, so why?

OP has the right idea, in any case. Tigris deserves to be the Warframe incarnation of the timeless classic D2 Super Shotgun, not this awkward thing that doesn't suit the pace of this game at all.

Edited by Cathair