Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rng Why...

crimsonspartan1

rng has been a massive pain to me and many others. along time ago i spent around 3 days trying to get a loki p system and a nova p system to drop and in the end i had to buy them. the times i spent looking for the stalker with my best gear without him showing up but only shows up when i have weapons / frames which are either terrible or unranked and even when i do kill him he just drops a molten edge or a heated charge or even a heavy impact (stalker, why u no give hate). the times i spent farming for a certain frame piece or a mod has drove me insane a few times. can you make it so items arent hiding behind a massive grind wall which the rng gods decide whats behind the wall everytime and can u remove the fire mods / heavy impact from the stalker's drops and maybe add in some mods worth farming for. 

(note: i know some people might have been extremely lucky and got what they wanted or some which have grinded for days without that 1 thing dropping but its just all based on luck... and that luck is very rare most of the time)

I had all of Stalkers weapons, roughly a week after they were released.

However, after many months, i still do not have Brakk, or the Detron, and i only have the G3 insignia.   I haven't seen Zanuka since June.

-snip-

People only get stressed out and quit if they force themselves to try to get things by focusing on nothing but something they don't need in the first place- grind is only grind if you make it grind. People need to learn to play to enjoy the game rather than farm the next new shiny thing asap. Alternatively if they want it bad enough, they can get and use plat to trade for it. That's the point- to get people to spend some money sometimes. Platinum is not that expensive and if you're gonna go after something so hard that it stresses you out, you'd be better off paying for it.

Edited by Stratego89

The thing that cracks me up about players complaints over RNG - is how often folks clearly keep banging their heads against the same wall over and over again.

That just makes it seem worse than it is.

Ya'll should play some DnD - gives you a thick skin when it comes to dice rolling. I assure you even a balanced set of chances just knows when to kick you in the crotch.

The thing that cracks me up about players complaints over RNG - is how often folks clearly keep banging their heads against the same wall over and over again.

That just makes it seem worse than it is.

Ya'll should play some DnD - gives you a thick skin when it comes to dice rolling. I assure you even a balanced set of chances just knows when to kick you in the crotch.

When you are unable to get a certain item after a thousand encounters and months of game time then I think the RNG is just a LITTLE broken.

Like my issue. Been trying to get that despair for over a freaking year! 

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

over 50 runs.
over 50 runs to get hold of that dam equinox day aspect system.
over 50 runs of stupid water that your dong wont swim out of.
over 50 runs of a boss that is irritating at best.
over 50 runs of being mobbed by manics.

well the grind is strong here

over 50 runs.

Meanwhile I literally got Equinox in 8 runs. Okay I'm exaggerating a lot but it wasn't as bad as I thougt it'd be.

Now I'm trying to get Ash Prime and the void's like, 'yeah boy, homie, that's not happening.'

RNG is a fickle fickle god.

Edited by AsCaLus

Well I did the math and it would take around 2556 kills off of stalker(assuming 30% to get a bp, solo play and 40% to get an uncommon drop) to get my Despair so....yeah people got a reason to cry about RNG. It gets worse when there's people that don't have much else to do in the game besides grind(r5 cores, ducats, formaing every weapon) on top of them nerfing Pilferoid.

Sure you can tell people to just play the game for fun but each person has a different idea of fun and after a certain point of not getting the thing you wanted people tend to go towards the grind heavy efficient route or to stop playing. I for one after getting most weapons in the game(missing Despair, Snipetrons, Boar, some AW weapons and some event weapons) decided it would be cool to own all syndicate syndanas(I now own everything in every syndicate).

A little help(like the assassin attractor they showed a long time ago) wouldn't hurt.

At the end of the day though, everyone on here likes this game which is why they complain so much.

Just my two cents :P

over 50 runs.

for me it was 1-2 days of repeatedly killing the boss encounter whith whom was refreshing difference when compared to older bosses.

other thing is that after all as I do not regret smacking regor so many times in a face  - equinox is so ugly that slowly I'm starting to regret the mats I used to build her.....