Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Vs Prime

(PSN)ozgurozacik

We don't know yet if umbras gonna be better than primes but if they will all this time and effort for grinding prime warframes will be a waste?

So I don't think umbras should be better than primes they should be just a Side choice for MR and apperance

What are your thoughts on this?

Edit: ı was not talking about Excalibur prime ı was talking about all the primes so dont get me wrong ı am cool with founders

Edited by (PS4)ozgurozacik

I think they should give buffs on different aspect than the prime ones give: like excalibur prime adds extra armor over normal umbra should give extra sprint speed over the normal and like that (I have no idea what it actually does on Chinese version).

I think they should give buffs on different aspect than the prime ones give: like excalibur prime adds extra armor over normal umbra should give extra sprint speed over the normal and like that (I have no idea what it actually does on Chinese version).

Chinese Umbra has 250 armor (same as Prime) and an additional 50 base energy.

Chinese Umbra has 250 armor (same as Prime) and an additional 50 base energy.

I wish this wont happen on to our umbra... I think it wont since they can't get excalibur prime that their umbra can be little better but our umbra should be worse than prime

Well the topic of umbra is always something good to see.

My thought on it is this:

Umbras should have huge buff in one stat and a huge nerf in the other.

For example;

Excalibur has 225 armor. let's say that his umbra lowers his armor to 150 but increases his health at rank 30 to 400 instead of 300.

this kind of rationing shouldn't affect game balance by any degree and opens up a lot more builds to choose from.

another way is adding modified versions of the abilities to umbras (but i believe that would be too much of a hassle for DE)

for example; Excalibur can use radial blind to blind enemies and by that making them stop in their tracks. let us say that instead of stopping them, they start moving randomly in the area. that way making umbra feel 'unique' and fresh compared to normal variant.

Im not too worried. Its the same argument people used when DE started the Prime buffs. When Rhino first got it, and as other frames followed in fashion, they have always said that it make the Vanilla versions obsolete. However, like with Loki Prime, a bit of extra stat boost is not a game breaker, and should warrant no major alarms to be set off, as i will tell you, that extra stat on Primes are nice, but are just that, extras. It doesnt discourage me to sell or shelve my Vanilla Loki at all. In fact, if it is better than a prime, i will still welcome it. My other two Loki's will still be here, function just as well as it had before the Umbra came, and the Umbra would be more of sugar on top. I would say that i love Loki enough that, anything new and positive they have of him would be gladly welcomed into my arsenal, where Loki sits at the top either way. It doesnt make any other previous use of normal or prime frames prior to the addition of Umbra, obsolete.

Edited by YashiroSora

Couldn't you say the same about regular frames though? What's the point if you will get a prime version eventually right?

I agree with the poster who said Umbra should get different buffs to primes, that would be cool.

yes normal frames are useless but there are frames that have no prime counterpart so they exist and they are there for mastery fodder and lower rank players that should learn is it worth getting certain prime like what if you don't like the frame you got as prime but grinded for it for ages

Well the topic of umbra is always something good to see.My thought on it is this:Umbras should have huge buff in one stat and a huge nerf in the other.For example;Excalibur has 225 armor. let's say that his umbra lowers his armor to 150 but increases his health at rank 30 to 400 instead of 300.

I would be okay with this

It should not be better than prime because of Prime Access.  Like with anything else they need to consider their revenue stream.  If they make people feel like Prime Access isn't a good deal any more that's future sales lost. 

I'm guessing that they will make the most simple choice, same stats as Prime.  Maybe a very tiny difference like passives.  Actually I would like that.  Same stats as primes, but with a different passive buff (by then I'd assume the primes with no passive will have one).

Well the topic of umbra is always something good to see. My thought on it is this: Umbras should have huge buff in one stat and a huge nerf in the other. For example; Excalibur has 225 armor. let's say that his umbra lowers his armor to 150 but increases his health at rank 30 to 400 instead of 300. this kind of rationing shouldn't affect game balance by any degree and opens up a lot more builds to choose from. another way is adding modified versions of the abilities to umbras (but i believe that would be too much of a hassle for DE) for example; Excalibur can use radial blind to blind enemies and by that making them stop in their tracks. let us say that instead of stopping them, they start moving randomly in the area. that way making umbra feel 'unique' and fresh compared to normal variant.

I'm against this... I don't want put name umbra over corrupted. that would mean that all corrupted mods would become umbra mods! but in all seriousness there are better ways than this

Well the topic of umbra is always something good to see. My thought on it is this: Umbras should have huge buff in one stat and a huge nerf in the other. For example; Excalibur has 225 armor. let's say that his umbra lowers his armor to 150 but increases his health at rank 30 to 400 instead of 300. this kind of rationing shouldn't affect game balance by any degree and opens up a lot more builds to choose from. another way is adding modified versions of the abilities to umbras (but i believe that would be too much of a hassle for DE) for example; Excalibur can use radial blind to blind enemies and by that making them stop in their tracks. let us say that instead of stopping them, they start moving randomly in the area. that way making umbra feel 'unique' and fresh compared to normal variant.

I actually like your idea, it brings something very fresh and interesting to the table of what frames and builds/choices we have available.

Personally I'd like to see primes and umbra in the trashcan (or reworked alot). It's the same thing, the same skills, just a bit better. It's time and energy I'd rather see put into new frames, or reworking old ones so that they become worthy competition for eachother.
Sooner or later the primes/umbra will (should) catch up with the normal frames, and then it will be clearer each frame will be made just to be replaced by the better version a bit later.

The guns have been alot better than the frames as they look and behave differently, but if primes/umbra are just tweaks they are ultimately boring.

Edited by Lactamid

Excalibur

Umbra +25 armor +50 energy

Prime +25

Also one of the first things mentioned that wasn't disputed was that it would be a limited series.

Did you know excalibur prime was too "limited series"? and it had also rather big price tag on it. and what I have heard umbra wont have price tag for us... or then there is and we are fked

Really no point in introducing a new series if it will be worse than what's already available. And we have too many balance issues going on to introduce warframe variants like "this one has more health but lower energy".

The Umbra better than Prime argument would work especially with Excalibur since his Prime doesn't exist on consoles. Give Umbra Excalibur EXACT same stats as Prime (or better) with the death orb energy and I'll buy Prime Access immediately.  

Edited by (XB1)BAMMM Lightning