Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra Vs Prime

(PSN)ozgurozacik

Really no point in introducing a new series if it will be worse than what's already available. And we have too many balance issues going on to introduce warframe variants.

The Umbra better than Prime argument would work especially with Excalibur since his Prime doesn't exist on consoles. Give Umbra Excalibur EXACT same stats as Prime (or better) with the death orb energy and I'll buy Prime Access immediately.  

Wouldn't it called umbra access HAHAHAHA... but then prime would become useless and would make me mad. I wouldn't support comppany that gives it's 1st supporters rubbish and gives other ppl something even better later

Really no point in introducing a new series if it will be worse than what's already available.

That is, a very valid point. One thing to consider that, if you love on frame enough, it also must be remembered that to love something is to accept it unconditionally. As a slight leeway to the topic, it must be accepted for any changes that comes to the frame, for good or worse, and move on with life. The Umbra series are no different. If you love a particular frame enough, then you should be able to accept that for better or worse, there's a new version of it, and welcome it with open arms. Remember that, "Change is the only constant".

Edited by YashiroSora

Wouldn't it called umbra access HAHAHAHA... but then prime would become useless and would make me mad. I wouldn't support comppany that gives it's 1st supporters rubbish and gives other ppl something even better later

Just like when Primes were first introduced. It made their counterparts obsolete. So if it happens again, it should be thought of in the same way, but only if every frame gets the same treatment. 

It's silly to keep thinking DE will continue to support some of the founder items, which is what I assume you are referring to. Not that I care about the items themselves, but to think some people call ME "entitled" for simply requesting comparable alternatives only to turn around and ask for 2 year old gear to be current top-tier level. 

I'd rather we focus on making the game fair and fun for EVERYONE, not start splitting up "One for founders, one for non-founders" etc. 

That is, a very valid point. One thing to consider that, if you love on frame enough, it also must be remembered that to love something is to accept it unconditionally. As a slight leeway to the topic, it must be accepted for any changes that comes to the frame, for good or worse, and move on with life. The Umbra series are no different. If you love a particular frame enough, then you should be able to accept that for better or worse, there's a new version of it, and welcome it with open arms. Remember that, "Change is the only constant".

ehhhhh, that's really pushing the boundaries of fantasy vs reality for me. For example, if Umbra Excalibur is worse off than my Excalibur, I wouldn't like it besides the cool looking scarf.

Umbra Excalibur AT LEAST matching stats with Prime would give me and others who share my point of view the missing link I've been asking for for months, a replacement Prime. Then this issue of carefully dancing around stat differences for Excalibur and his publicly available variants (which is NONE) can finally be put to rest. And that includes an operating death orb energy mechanic. (How I wish I had that every time I run T4 surv.)  

EDIT cause grammar is important.

Edited by (XB1)BAMMM Lightning

ehhhhh, that's really pushing the boundaries of fantasy vs reality for me. For example, if Umbra Excalibur is worse off than my Excalibur, I wouldn't like it besides the cool looking scarf.

Umbra Excalibur AT LEAST matching stats with Prime would give me and others who share my point of view the missing link I've been asking for for months, a replacement Prime. Then this issue of carefully dancing around stat differences for Excalibur and his publicly available variants (which is NONE) can finally be put to rest. And that includes an operating death orb energy mechanic. (How I wish I had that every time I run T4 surv.)

EDIT cause grammar is important.

My bad, the latter of that post was addressed to the general community and I apologize for not staying so otherwise.

Well, even a slight increase of stats compared to the primes dont worry me. It's just that the majority of the playbase hasn't come to accept that things added or changed can't always appeal to them, at least not immediately.

For say Ash Prime. He has a LOT of stat boosts to his normal counterpart, but its looks were also another thing. Most of my clan mates, who love Ash, we quite disappointed with its appearance. But over the time, the general community does come to accept whatever change is implemented, as something isn't the same forever, they will always be a change, more or less, and whether we like them or not. For most part, when changes are made, I stay silent about them, and ponder about why its changed. A number of people may not be able to accept a possibly more powerful thing than what they have.

Edited by YashiroSora

I feel like the umbra frame will be the "prime" version for some warframes, like valkyr , i dont see valkyr prime happening, so instead of making a prime version they could simply make an umbra version so it doesn't conflict with her lore.

Edit: Actually a prime counterpart of valkitty wouldn't conflict with her lore at all, my bad. But still the point remains.

Edited by (PS4)EvilFlowerChild

I will forever believe that prime frames is a mistake. Prime and regular frames should have had the same stats, where prime would be sold as skins. New Warframes, actual different Warframes with different abilities, I.E. our upcoming one being the brawler and current being Equinox, be shoved to the front like a prime access pack.

Instead the game devalues the newer content in favor of re-releasing older content with stat boosts. It makes me have less incentive to purchase Equinox or Mirage, when I can just farm it and wait for a prime version of it later to come out. It makes people cherry pick and use less of their regular Warframes too.

Edited by ivlr3vil

My bad, the latter of that post was addressed to the general community and I apologize for not staying so otherwise.

Well, even a slight increase of stats compared to the primes dont worry me. It's just that the majority of the playbase hasn't come to accept that things added or changed can't always appeal to them, at least not immediately.

For say Ash Prime. He has a LOT of stat boosts to his normal counterpart, but its looks were also another thing. Most of my clan mates, who love Ash, we quite disappointed with its appearance. But over the time, the general community does come to accept whatever change is implemented, as something isn't the same forever, they will always be a change, more or less, and whether we like them or not. For most part, when changes are made, I stay silent about them, and ponder about why its changed. A number of people may not be able to accept a possibly more powerful thing than what they have.

Yeah, and that goes into the grey area of human psychology. One person might not like something someone else does. But ultimately, I think of the well-being of the game as a whole. I see additional content as a good thing, so long as it's fair for everyone and serves a purpose in the game.

Umbra series being better than Prime and available to everyone to farm/buy, or Umbra becoming the "Prime" to those that have yet to receive a Prime version (Excalibur included), are practices I consider to be "fair" and would support either one. 

Yeah, and that goes into the grey area of human psychology. One person might not like something someone else does. But ultimately, I think of the well-being of the game as a whole. I see additional content as a good thing, so long as it's fair for everyone and serves a purpose in the game.

Umbra series being better than Prime and available to everyone to farm/buy, or Umbra becoming the "Prime" to those that have yet to receive a Prime version (Excalibur included), are practices I consider to be "fair" and would support either one. 

that's same as DE giving big middle finger to founders you know? like "Hey subs you got your stuff now we gonna give those non-subs something better" for hells sake can't you see how injustice that would be for founders?

"hey support our game? we'll give you this exclusive item that will be outclassed and left on the shelf in 2 years!! that will be $250!"

"I care more about my image in an online game rather than trying to improve the game for others." You're welcome to return the plat from those packages if you think the only value was those weapons. 

But we already know excalumbras stats

Extra armor and energy

De confirmed we' d have the same stats

They confirmed we will have a similar version to the China exclusive. No one ever said "the same" or even stats. Which is why it's still up in the air whether it will be a new frame or skin.

They confirmed we will have a similar version to the China exclusive. No one ever said "the same" or even stats. Which is why it's still up in the air whether it will be a new frame or skin.

DE really needs to clarify the obvious and stop avoiding/being cryptic about this

Is the Umbra Excalibur going to be a skin or new frame?

(3 Excaliburs?...Really? And when other Umbras are released, 3 version of the same frames floating around?)

Regardless which it is, will Excalibur Primes or normal Excaliburs be seeing a buff as a result?

Or are Umbra's supposed to outclass the Primes?

Honestly I'd be more-so happy if they just buffed Excalibur Prime to match Umbra's stats and made it a skin.

Founders get Umbra Excalibur Prime

Normal players get Umbra Excalibur.

They both look the same

(Could even perhaps give the normal players versoin a buff. Arcane skin anyone?)

Edited by Sunder

DE really needs to clarify the obvious and stop avoiding/being cryptic about this

Is the Umbra Excalibur going to be a skin or new frame?

(3 Excaliburs?...Really? And when other Umbras are released, 3 version of the same frames floating around?)

Regardless which it is, will Excalibur Primes or normal Excaliburs be seeing a buff as a result?

Or are Umbra's supposed to outclass the Primes?

Honestly I'd be more-so happy if they just buffed Excalibur Prime to match Umbra's stats and made it a skin.

Founders get Umbra Excalibur Prime

Normal players get Umbra Excalibur.

They both look the same

(Could even perhaps give the normal players versoin a buff. Arcane skin anyone?)

Look at how long it took them to even confirm Umbra Prime was a different than regular Umbra. There are obviously details they haven't even decided or nailed down yet. My belief is that it Umbra Prime and just Umbra were originally going to be the same thing, just as a timed exclusive. But then China went ahead and guaranteed permanent exclusivity, forcing DE's hand and kicking them back to the drawing board. Yes, this kind of BS happens in rl business.

Edited by Ryme

"I care more about my image in an online game rather than trying to improve the game for others." You're welcome to return the plat from those packages if you think the only value was those weapons. 

The late and skana primes were never supposed to be endgame level gear, but excalibur prime only marginally better at the time of release (like 2% faster shield regen) it was expected that it would basically be the same thing as normal excal and wouldn't be strictly outclassed by a new type or frame that has literally never been hinted at.