Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conclave (Pvp) Guide For Beginners

Lordricker

Question

There has been talk about a PVP guide for new players wanting in on the action so here it is.

Preparation

Before you even start, join the conclave syndicate at the relay in the conclave room. This is how you can get most of the mods that can be used in PVP. After joining the syndicate, head back to your ship, go to your loadout and press the button in the bottom right, select conclave, and equip your sigil. It will be in your appearance section under regalia, note that whenever you want to use a different warframe, you'll have to re-equip the sigil to that warframe. Other wise you wont gain standing.

Step #1

- If you are brand new to Warframe PVP the first step is your survivability.

- The frame you pick is not too important yet because it is easy to kill any of the frames if they don't move much.

- This is especially important for team based matches because you don't want to feed the other team points.

- The easiest way to survive is to constantly be moving (for movement tips click here ).
   + Bullet jump while looking down instead of up so there is less camera movement needed.
   + Long distance roll: if you tap Roll + Crouch key you can roll about twice the distance.

- If you find that you keep dying, don't try to kill anything just focus completely on improving movement, positioning yourself out of harms way, and dodging.

- Kills are important too but you will find that surviving can turn better results than just getting kills and dying a lot.

Step #2

- Now to work on fighting back.

- Try all the weapons you have because they are not the same as in PVE. (including abilities, especially abilities)

- There are many viable weapons frames you just have to find the load out that suits you...lol. (see below for more detail)

- When you are practicing aiming do not do it standing still, try aiming while flying through the air or sliding around.

- Elevation is also good, you can get easier head shots and have a head start to get away quick.

- Noisy weapons will reveal your location on mini-map, Hush mod will help.

- You can even practice this aiming technique in PVE. (a little easier because AI cant move as fast as a fellow tenno)

- I personally like enough accuracy so that I don't have to zoom in to aim well.

- Also energy spawns have a timer of 2 minutes and controlling these spawns is not a bad idea

Step #3

- Have fun.

- If you are trying to do challenges take note that they can only be completed in specific modes. If you select the challenge it will automatically select the corresponding game mode.

- Take notice of people around your skill level and befriending them so you can join them later.

- The most exciting matches are the ones that are evenly matched and come close at the end.

- Also sportsmanship is always a plus.

- If someone is AFK, killing them for points is kind of a cheap move.

- Follow the "pick on someone your own size" ideal. (don't keep killing someone less experienced than you when there are others that match your level of skill better)

- If you honestly believe that someone is hacking do not just outright accuse them in the middle of the match, that will just cause them to target you more.

- First take note of what they are using (frame, guns, melee) look it up on the wiki and make sure its not just a certain ability you didn't know about or something.

Loadout Tip Section

- A good loadout is one that covers your weaknesses.

- If you are running with a burst, semi-auto, or charge type primary then your secondary should be a full automatic.

- I suggest starting with full automatic with decent accuracy and low recoil so that you can at least land some hits.

- MK1-Braton is full auto and about the easiest primary to get and is rather effective in PVP.

- MK1-Furis is a full auto secondary with good accuracy and a cheap market item.

- Low recoil so that it doesn't distract you as much and good accuracy to prevent the thought "But I was aiming right at him"

..............2 main melee types..............

- Martial Magnetism allows players to lock on to you (this is not hacking), if you find that some one is glued to you while using melee this is the reason. The best choice for you is to bullet jump off the ground and get away.

+ This mod is typically used with short range fast melee like daggers, tonfas, and short swords

Relentless Assault speeds up a players attack speed. Once again keeping your distance is a good idea

+ This mod is typically used with the longer heavy weapons like great swords

............Modding..............

- Mods worth mentioning (for all the conclave mods click here)

+ First conclave rank has Martial MagnetismRelentless Assault, and Lie in Wait along with some recoil reduction mods

- Lie in wait great for snipers

+ Second conclave rank has Most of the Warframe ability mods
         - ex. Volt's Recharge Barrier electric shield restores allies' shields when they pass through it

+ Third conclave rank has AnticipationEnguard, and damage conversion mods</p>
         - Anticipation and Enguard help with troubles of getting staggered or knocked down
         - Warframe HP is vulnerable to puncture so puncture conversion mods are good (Against HP not Shields)

+ Fourth conclave rank has all the cool stuff and its a secret (not really its on the wiki too)

............Example Loadouts..............
Mine
    Valkyr_Daikyu_mk1-furis_Fang prime (armor with movment_Charged_full auto_fun melee)

Anothers whos' is better
    Excal_Soma_Akvasto_Darksword (disorienting abilities_full auto_semi auto_quick finisher)

As the Teshin guy says "knowledge can be your greatest ally in the midst of battle" or something like that :P

Contributers:
Hueminator

RIOTx 
ImGerik

Rockscl

If you like pictures and more words click here for a longer written guide by pro exist

Edited by Lordricker
  • Like 1

16 answers to this question

I think you should focus a bit on tips with the starting frames and starter equipment (easy to get and pretty effective, well except the starter melee)

As for hackusation, if you do it.  The guy who you accused are more likely to kill you over and over again, to make you quit.

Edited by Hueminator

annihilation can be pretty chaotic

team annihilation is a little less since you only have to focus on half the people

cephalon capture would probably be good for movment since it involves chasing things most of the time

one problem would be team modes can get unbalanced, so as long as you dont mind that you can lose a couple rounds :p

You should probably make it more clear than "It works just like the other syndicates". I've met people who just jump straight into pvp without realizing they don't gain points until they PUT ON the pvp sigil.

TL;DR: "after joining the syndicate, head back to your ship, go to your loadout and press the "select mode" button in the bottom right, select conclave, and equip your sigil. it will be in your appearance section under "regalia", note that whenever you want to use a different warframe, you'll have to re-equip the sigil to that warframe."

Edited by RIOTx

Trackers mod is also a good mod to practice aiming with projectile weapon, just think of it as paint ball.

Mini maps also highlight enemies that have "noisy" weapons.  Follow these will give you an idea of enemies location.  Use Silencer mods if you want to conceal yourself.

Rhino is also a fairly powerful frame that is easy to unlock in PvE (Jackal in Venus) for those looking to have a second frame for their loadout.

Gram is a good starter heavy (require MR2) and you can farm the material for it as soon as you get to Mars.  Cronus is a good alternative to the skana with faster attack speed.

Edited by Hueminator

You should probably make it more clear than "It works just like the other syndicates". I've met people who just jump straight into pvp without realizing they don't gain points until they PUT ON the pvp sigil.

TL;DR: "after joining the syndicate, head back to your ship, go to your loadout and press the "select mode" button in the bottom right, select conclave, and equip your sigil. it will be in your appearance section under "regalia", note that whenever you want to use a different warframe, you'll have to re-equip the sigil to that warframe."

actually i didnt know you didnt get points if it wasnt on you lol i just did it automatically apparently

ill edit that

this guide should be sticky, because theres no official place telling noobs that, if they dont equip their cosmetic, they will waste all theirs hours ingame without gaining rep 

also, i would add a tip on the challenges being tied to a particular game mode, thus being better to click on the challenge to avoid confusion

Edited by rockscl

There has been talk about a PVP guide for new players wanting in on the action so here it is.

Preparation

Before you even start, join the conclave syndicate at the relay in the conclave room. This is how you can get most of the mods that can be used in PVP. After joining the syndicate, head back to your ship, go to your loadout and press the button in the bottom right, select conclave, and equip your sigil. It will be in your appearance section under regalia, note that whenever you want to use a different warframe, you'll have to re-equip the sigil to that warframe. Other wise you wont gain standing.

Step #1

- If you are brand new to Warframe PVP the first step is your survivability.

- The frame you pick is not too important yet because it is easy to kill any of the frames if they don't move much.

- This is especially important for team based matches because you don't want to feed the other team points.

- The easiest way to survive is to constantly be moving (for movement tips click here ).

+ Bullet jump while looking down instead of up so there is less camera movement needed.

+ Long distance roll: if you tap Roll + Crouch key you can roll about twice the distance.

- If you find that you keep dying, don't try to kill anything just focus completely on improving movement, positioning yourself out of harms way, and dodging.

- Kills are important too but you will find that surviving can turn better results than just getting kills and dying a lot.

Step #2

- Now to work on fighting back.

- Try all the weapons you have because they are not the same as in PVE. (including abilities, especially abilities)

- There are many viable weapons frames you just have to find the load out that suits you...lol. (see below for more detail)

- When you are practicing aiming do not do it standing still, try aiming while flying through the air or sliding around.

- Elevation is also good, you can get easier head shots and have a head start to get away quick.

- Noisy weapons will reveal your location on mini-map, Hush mod will help.

- You can even practice this aiming technique in PVE. (a little easier because AI cant move as fast as a fellow tenno)

- I personally like enough accuracy so that I don't have to zoom in to aim well.

- Also energy spawns have a timer of 2 minutes and controlling these spawns is not a bad idea

Step #3

- Have fun.

- If you are trying to do challenges take note that they can only be completed in specific modes. If you select the challenge it will automatically select the corresponding game mode.

- Take notice of people around your skill level and befriending them so you can join them later.

- The most exciting matches are the ones that are evenly matched and come close at the end.

- Also sportsmanship is always a plus.

- If someone is AFK, killing them for points is kind of a cheap move.

- Follow the "pick on someone your own size" ideal. (don't keep killing someone less experienced than you when there are others that match your level of skill better)

- If you honestly believe that someone is hacking do not just outright accuse them in the middle of the match, that will just cause them to target you more.

- First take note of what they are using (frame, guns, melee) look it up on the wiki and make sure its not just a certain ability you didn't know about or something.

Loadout Tip Section

- A good loadout is one that covers your weaknesses.

- If you are running with a burst, semi-auto, or charge type primary then your secondary should be a full automatic.

- I suggest starting with full automatic with decent accuracy and low recoil so that you can at least land some hits.

- MK1-Braton is full auto and about the easiest primary to get and is rather effective in PVP.

- MK1-Furis is a full auto secondary with good accuracy and a cheap market item.

- Low recoil so that it doesn't distract you as much and good accuracy to prevent the thought "But I was aiming right at him"

..............2 main melee types..............

- Martial Magnetism allows players to lock on to you (this is not hacking), if you find that some one is glued to you while using melee this is the reason. The best choice for you is to bullet jump off the ground and get away.

+ This mod is typically used with short range fast melee like daggers, tonfas, and short swords

- Relentless Assault speeds up a players attack speed. Once again keeping your distance is a good idea

+ This mod is typically used with the longer heavy weapons like great swords

............Modding..............

- Mods worth mentioning (for all the conclave mods click here)

+ First conclave rank has Martial Magnetism, Relentless Assault, and Lie in Wait along with some recoil reduction mods

- Lie in wait great for snipers

+ Second conclave rank has Most of the Warframe ability mods

- ex. Volt's Recharge Barrier electric shield restores allies' shields when they pass through it

+ Third conclave rank has Anticipation, Enguard, and damage conversion mods</p>

- Anticipation and Enguard help with troubles of getting staggered or knocked down

- Warframe HP is vulnerable to puncture so puncture conversion mods are good (Against HP not Shields)

+ Fourth conclave rank has all the cool stuff and its a secret (not really its on the wiki too)

............Example Loadouts..............

Mine

Valkyr_Daikyu_mk1-furis_Fang prime (armor with movment_Charged_full auto_fun melee)

Anothers whos' is better

Excal_Soma_Akvasto_Darksword (disorienting abilities_full auto_semi auto_quick finisher)

As the Teshin guy says "knowledge can be your greatest ally in the midst of battle" or something like that :P

Contributers:

Hueminator

RIOTx

ImGerik

Rockscl

Great stuff!

I recognize some of those contributors, they probably beat me up today!

Ha!

Thank you for the guide, much appreciated. I am personally in the testing phase, playing with everyone and everything to get a feel for it.

I was also skeptical about pvp but now my only grip is poor sportsmenship but cant fix that. I am more excited to get better and get the mods than anything else.

I am not quite sure when you get the PVP mods from rewards and if it is just RNG what you get.