Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Destiny: The Taken King

Shreiko

That's the problem I have.

A new player can buy the "legendary" edition for $60 from amazon. Said edition comes with everything. However, if you're a loyal player, and buy everything day one.. What are you up to at this point? $200? (not including multiplayer sub fees, leave them out)

My console, the game, its season pass and my PS plus subscription were all gifts. Even if I did spend as much as your guesstimate, it is far less than I spent on warframe in my first year. I have the money and friends who are willing to play, when warframe gets boring I play with them over there.

I quit the game before the 2nd expansion hit, no way I'm going to keep dropping money on that game. I was thinking the Dark Below expansion would be the other half of the game but no, The Taken King seems like that's the other half if you throw in the expansions. Would of been better off waiting then buying the bundle. By the time its all said and done, your going to have around $1000 in that single game.

My console, the game, its season pass and my PS plus subscription were all gifts. Even if I did spend as much as your guesstimate, it is far less than I spent on warframe in my first year. I have the money and friends who are willing to play, when warframe gets boring I play with them over there.

#1 rule of gaming, imo: "Even if the game is s****y, you still play it if all your friends are also playing."

I can't knock you for that.

#1 rule of gaming, imo: "Even if the game is s****y, you still play it if all your friends are also playing."

I can't knock you for that.

I can honestly say that was the only thing keeping me playing for a while. 

I took about a two month break from the game and was considering selling it, instead I loaded it up "one last time" and got together with some friends and we had a blast. That made me rethink my decision to sell it and reminded me why I actually like the game, it's fun to play with friends and a lot of my friends have the game.

hey Kestral9999, what means golf clap ?

I'm very sarcastically applauding you for stating your negative opinion through someone else's quotation.

I always love the roll up to the next Destiny DLC or update. It's sold with so many platitudes and frontmen speaking in benign gibberish of what Gaurdians need to do.

And then it rolls out. And....

It's a big pile of steaming manure that gets worse every new update added to it. It sounds great. And then like Charlie Brown, you're on your back looking up at the sky as your football gets stolen by Lucy.

Luke Smith twaddles on Neogaf about how they messed up.

Six months later... Luke Smith shows up again saying how they learned from their mistakes, and repeat the initial sales hype for the next update.

I'll just wait and enjoy all the comment sections of the constant battle of players loving and hating destiny. That's where the real entertainment has been since day one.

Destiny glorification threads.

"Glorification" is being used a bit liberally here, don't you think?

At best it's a hype thread. Showing some form of positive reaction towards an upcoming DLC or update for a game isn't the same as glorifying it.

I just want it to make the game suck less.

At best it's a hype thread. Showing some form of positive reaction towards an upcoming DLC or update for a game isn't the same as glorifying it.

Honestly, Destiny fans are used to the sorta thing Pharen shows. 

So his words are like needles, you barely feel it.

Making destiny suck less is impossible.it's like making Evolve suck less.