Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are People So Close Minded When It Comes To Try Out Different Team Set Ups?

The most efficient 4-man team is a Trinity, Nova, Mirage, and Loki.

The most efficient 6-man team is a Trinity, Nova, Mirage, Loki, Vauban, and Frost.

The most efficient 8-man team is a Trinity, Nova, Mirage, Loki, Vauban, Frost, duplicate of any, and Volt/Nekros.

But don't complain about people using the best tools at their disposal. That will always be the case because human nature tends towards highest reward for lowest cost/work.

These statements are pretty subjective and heavily based on min max theory and homogenized player skill. The last time I checked this was an MMO and PUGs were anything but.

TL;DR : I'm tired of people using the same old set up for the raid (and other missions as well) and don't give other useful frames a chance.

Dude I'm so with you on this point.

Have made a couple comments about this already .. why judge someone on the frame they choose simply cause you have no idea how to get the best out of it ?

Definately give a guy in a different frame a chance.

Likewise with their kit .. just because they have a weapon you don't think cuts it doesn't mean it isn't already forma'd to hell, or that the person using isn't friggen awesome with it. 

Play your 'A' game, and let others play theirs. 

These statements are pretty subjective and heavily based on min max theory and homogenized player skill. The last time I checked this was an MMO and PUGs were anything but.

True, it's totally subjective - but I would say that generally people migrate towards the best and most efficient. IOW, what role can your frame fill that another can't do better? For example, I brought Banshee a few times for CC, and she's great but not the best. Mirage fills that specific role better than Banshee. People want the absolute best chance of winning. (Not saying you couldn't win with other frames, but there are always going to be the best options in each category).

If someone brings an unconventional frame to the lobby, as host I will ask them what they plan to do with it and then determine whether the gap in usefulness between their frame and the best is worth the risk. I rarely budge on Nightmares and 4-man, but for the standard raid, I'm open to different combinations.

Edited by (PS4)Void_Girl

99% of the time im either with Limbo or Oberon around in random games when not playing with friends, when it friends it's Limbo Oberon Chroma and Zephyr, that 1% of time i'm not using any of those im with Volt for fun or Hydroid if we're doing survival

Why does Mastery Rank matter? He could be using an alt account and just hasnt bothered to get any other weapons. Mastery Rank just shows an approximate of how many weapons you've leveled up.

to me mastery rank matters as a fact of experience, that MR19-20 guy used and tested a lot of things through the game while a rank 8 or 2 can be and have the same play skill, but not the whole experience from testing things around and messing with new weapons and warframes.

Do i care for it?  Not really as much as some people around there

True, it's totally subjective - but I would say that generally people migrate towards the best and most efficient. IOW, what role can your frame fill that another can't do better? For example, I brought Banshee a few times for CC, and she's great but not the best. Mirage fills that specific role better than Banshee. People want the absolute best chance of winning. (Not saying you couldn't win with other frames, but there are always going to be the best options in each category).

If someone brings an unconventional frame to the lobby, as host I will ask them what they plan to do with it and then determine whether the gap in usefulness between their frame and the best is worth the risk. I rarely budge on Nightmares and 4-man, but for the standard raid, I'm open to different combinations.

That do not applies every time, i mean look at ASH, that @(*()$ useless ASH. He is loved mostly only because he is a good SOLO frame, but for a team? he contributes with nothing.  Invisibility ? Cover?  Killing? Control? (Everybody does that in better ways than him) 
He has absolutely nothing to offer for a team that any, but REALLY ANY frame doesn't do better and help in a better way, but hey he looks awesome and helps/ helped a lot of solo players there. So some may like to be efficient in numbers, but if you really know how to play with a certain frame you can make that frame be better than others and have fun with a frame you like instead of just using something because of numbers 

Edited by g43riel

Yeah it's boring how closed minded the community is about trying out new frames. I'm amazed how hard it is to bring my banshee to endless runs where she excels, but most people don't seem to even know what she does and just say no because they never heard of her.

I personally have left groups over people wanting to do cookie cutter composition and being closed minded about changing things up despite me having their desired frame.

When I personally host I always want non-cookie cutter set ups as long as it makes sense. I am even open minded on raids. The most important aspect of raids is a person's experience or ability to listen. Sadly with raids it can be especially difficult even when I'm host to calm down the crys of outrage of a silence banshee over a vauban (she has longer range CC that is spammable and can sonar to help ev trinity find enemies perfectly viable and perhaps even better than many cookie cutter frames), a volt prime instead of 2 loki (which imo is better), enemy radar to help the EV trinity, etc, and some days I don't feel its worth the effort to convince people.

There are a lot of perfectly viable set-ups, some are even better than cookie-cutter. The only way to really get around it though is to be host or go with people you know or be prepared to do a lot of convincing. Also, remember Loki used to be considered trash tier. Took a while for the community to open up his mind about him and now he is everywhere.

Edited by Oishii

I can't believe I'm about to say this - but this is one area where Destiny actually excels. Destiny's raids are strait amazing, and you can bring a mixture of any 3 classes and still finish. I can't tell you the number of raids I completed, or the number of 'fun raids' I did. There were so many times that I had already completed the raid.m, but was talked into helping people go through for the first time. It was absolutely an amazing experience to be the person who granted a player an experience like the Vault of Glass. (You know you've trolled your friends and pushed them off the jump puzzle before xD).

Alright, pointless rambling aside - DE could learn something from Destiny raids. This player mentality is a symptom of the raid being boring and monotonous, and overly complex. Rather than doing task after task, it should be more of an adventure. You should feel like you are descending into the abyss, not just taking Bomb from point A to point B while dropping shield restores constantly. Players would be more welcoming to other frames, IF THE RAID WAS MORE WELCOMING TO OTHER FRAMES

Edited by (XB1)G R A V O C

I can't believe I'm about to say this - but this is one area where Destiny actually excels. Destiny's raids are strait amazing, and you can bring a mixture of any 3 classes and still finish. I can't tell you the number of raids I completed, or the number of 'fun raids' I did. There were so many times that I had already completed the raid.m, but was talked into helping people go through for the first time. It was absolutely an amazing experience to be the person who granted a player an experience like the Vault of Glass. (You know you've trolled your friends and pushed them off the jump puzzle before xD).

Alright, pointless rambling aside - DE could learn something from Destiny raids. This player mentality is a symptom of the raid being boring and monotonous, and overly complex. Rather than doing task after task, it should be more of an adventure. You should feel like you are descending into the abyss, not just taking Bomb from point A to point B while dropping shield restores constantly. Players would be more welcoming to other frames, IF THE RAID WAS MORE WELCOMING TO OTHER FRAMES

Problem is DE doesn't want a raid to be a DPS raid.

They want a puzzle raid, which can be completed without being too reliant on gear.

Heck most raids now are about NOT killing the enemy and only use CC to lock them down.

Personally I prefer a DPS raid instead of puzzles if it means I can use any frame I want.

Team with your clan. Screw pubs. 

^^This..this so much^^

I can answer this simply but it applies to me and I won't speak for others. I have no problem mixing it up when people I know and trust are behind the experiment. BUT when dealing with pubs it's somewhere between a no to a HELL no! Mofos can't even play the standard raid frames right and i'm suppose to trust them with not so much proven frames? Even if other frames can do raid and after experimenting nekros is pretty good and even ember puts in work. But once again people can't even handle basics, so how can I trust them to do advanced? 

meta-whooors and other fotm followers will never be the leaders or the ppl to do anything 1st

thusly if u want to try new stuff or do something different, be prepared to face a LOT of opposition

becuz there are a LOT more of the 'followers' than there are of the 'leaders'

Efficiency. 

Most of the people are just there for the rewards. So they just want it to end without any hitches or without any time loss. If you are looking for fun, dont expect randoms to agree with your wishes. Play with your clan or friends. Complaining about people's playing habits is not going to solve anyone or make people play with other frames.

I like using different set ups, more often than not they still work effectively and it's fun. But then again I don't see my playing time as "must accomplish X, Y and Z goals" I just enjoy the game for what it is and if I feel like using a certain frame I will. I've been championing Banshee since right back in the day and only really recently has her value been noticed in the mainstream.

That being said I understand if you only get 2 days a week to play you want to make the most of your time to do useful things whereas I am in the luxury position of being able to play most evenings + weekends.

It is not close minded.

It is what works in this game, if it is the best optimal setup then the players will use it until DE nerfs a frame into the ground.

No one likes to waste time and they want the rewards in a quickish time so they can do it again.

You want to theorycraft do it with your clan or advertise it in recruitment.

It is not close minded.

It is what works in this game, if it is the best optimal setup then the players will use it until DE nerfs a frame into the ground.

No one likes to waste time and they want the rewards in a quickish time so they can do it again.

Totally disagree, the problem with those players, (that most likely power-levelled) just follow the basic set up for x mission because they did not play certain frames and have no clue of what they're capable of, and if they did , they just power levelled them and deleted them right after the frame reached max rank (common scenario) , and no that's not how warframe works in general, or we would only have 1 warframe per class, and not 20+.

And I'm not gonna get into the topic of why X frame is just as useful as Y frame. Because clearly someone else hasn't bothered playing other frames as well. Mag excels at CC so I'm not really 'theorycrafting'.

Edited by (PS4)EvilFlowerChild

I honeslty want to have fun at a raid, like we all choose one frame, like zehpyr, but it's kinda hard to host then, you'll have to be reckless as heck.

Zephyr, Mesa, Banshee,

Fragility, Short range, Best support frame if we killed everything for fun. or spamed.

I would allow every frame to join.

EXCEPT CHROMA, or when I am attempting to do a speed run.​

Zephyr fragile?

TURBULENCE!

Totally disagree, the problem with those players, (that most likely power-levelled) just follow the basic set up for x mission because they did not play certain frames and have no clue of what they're capable of, and if they did , they just power levelled them and deleted them right after the frame reached max rank (common scenario) , and no that's not how warframe works in general, or we would only have 1 warframe per class, and not 20+.

And I'm not gonna get into the topic of why X frame is just as useful as Y frame. Because clearly someone else hasn't bothered playing other frames as well. Mag excels at CC so I'm not really 'theorycrafting'.

If 1 frame does the job better as standard then why bother trying out another frame for it? Eventually DE always seems to nerf a frame to the point of not using it so you have to find another frame to replace it until DE nerfs that frame.

As for CC Mag is subpar really when the point of the raid is to slow the enemy down and not kill them because the more you kill the more enemies that will spawn it is why you have lokis to disarm so they cannot shoot you and vaubans to spam bastille to hold them up and novas to slow them down completely. Sure MAG can put them on the ground and remove armor but 4 of you should have CP on as standard so no armor and putting them on the ground Ember can do really aswell but vaubans hold them up for longer than 2 seconds on the ground.

Mesa can jam guns, loki can remove them completely.

It is the optimal build at the end of the day to get the reward you want or need and with RNG being the way it is means you have to run plenty of runs

It is not close minded.

That's a pretty accurate description of a mass of people choosing to be close minded, ya know?

If you are in a pub then people will fight you, the thing is its hard enough to setup a decent team from recruit as it is. Then you have someone that doesn't want to cooperate and starts arguing about how to setup the team and you know that Raid is heading down THAT path. Look, I host raids with players I know and we usually take the normal setup but I have seen Banshee, Nekros, Volt and others in there just because the players trust each other and know they wont F*** up. The issue with pugs is that that trust doesn't exist.

That's a pretty accurate description of a mass of people choosing to be close minded, ya know?

To me close minded is where they will not listen, some players will listen to why a player wants to use y frame but can argue effectively that x frame is better than y frame for these reasons and thus it is why x frame is used more or a higher priority than y frame.

Some just do not want to explain any reasons whatsoever as to why x frame is better than y frame because it is wasting time when they could be farming hence why recruitment has quite a few players asking for a particular setup from the get go because they want to do it there way.