Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing/sharkwing Pvp Please?

Highlanderoctorok

If you're listening, Dev, with the recent addition of Sharkwing, why not add Archwing Space/Sea Battles to the Conclave? Teshin kinda needs to keep up with the latest (maybe not so trending) Trends. Thanks for considering, and please, Do comment! I'd like to know what everyone else thinks!

Probably after some more AW additions and changes tho. I`d like to fight just above ground (1-2km) with a meteor shower happening. 

I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN so much I made a wee little demo I had in mind. Imagine this being your team, and this would be the map. Kill the otha` dude while dodging fire rocks. 

How metal is that?

24o2jo3.jpg

Edited by Elannor

Well since 80% of archwing consist in mashing the E key i guess that won't be possible for now xD

Also seriously when you give a look at archwing's weapon... i barely see how you can balance that. It's almost all hitscan and/or super high damage.

Auto-targeting for melee would probably become severely limited, much like how Martial Mag requires a player to be rather close to their target before they can be glued to them.  Even so, there are ways for players to escape MM in the current Conclave, and sometimes MM is a huge disadvantage.

All weapons in Conclave are also rebalanced for PvP, and do not have the same mods available.  So...it would be safe to assume that bird-lifter weapons would be treated the same.

I will keep saying no to this as long as the only indication of seeing players is the marker on them and not the actual player model flying around.

Once I can look and find teammates without using the blue marker thing in the distance I will say yes

Auto-targeting for melee would probably become severely limited, much like how Martial Mag requires a player to be rather close to their target before they can be glued to them.  Even so, there are ways for players to escape MM in the current Conclave, and sometimes MM is a huge disadvantage.

All weapons in Conclave are also rebalanced for PvP, and do not have the same mods available.  So...it would be safe to assume that bird-lifter weapons would be treated the same.

For Toxic, your vision of other players could be limited to 1000 meters on radar and 500 on-screen, and for Nighttide, they could simply turn of the lock-on and auto-dash features.

I don't think so. Read Mag Prime's Codex, Archwings are not a new invention lore-wise.

Old ways are gun and blade. Not Archwing. Archwing might not be new but i doubt Tenshin taught us how to use them. And i read the Mag P codex a long time ago. My point is, Gun ans Blade are old ways. Archwing is Orokin Era invention, where as the other two arent.

Would it even be possible with how melee weapons auto track? How would you evade anything? Why would you do anything but use melee? No one plays archwing as it is so it's a waste of resources imo.

I believe more people would play archwing levels to level them up for PvP, if such a thing were to come out (and I hope it does!). Just look at Sharkwing; people have been leveling their Archwings so they can farm underwater-exclusive mods and for Archwing-related stuff in general.

Old ways are gun and blade. Not Archwing. Archwing might not be new but i doubt Tenshin taught us how to use them. And i read the Mag P codex a long time ago. My point is, Gun ans Blade are old ways. Archwing is Orokin Era invention, where as the other two arent.

Tenshin teaches us the old ways... Archwing is not an old way. So expect a new character for such conclave. I mean it would cross with lore wouldn't it?

The thing is, Nyan, so much time has passed in Warframe (from a lore standpoint) that Archwings are/have become one of "the Old Ways". Also, I completely agree that there should be a new character (complex ideas first, perhaps a Corpus Void scavenger, somewhat like Baro Ki'Teer goes to the void to get his wares, but he almost became Corrupted and used a nearby Archwing to escape. Another possible (and more usable/reasonable) backstory could be that the new character would be of Orokin descent, hailing from a large family tree of Archwing masters after the fall, which all but the character got wiped out trying to take out the Baylor Formorians, maybe somewhere between the fall and the first Tenno awakening). Idk, just some creative input. ;D

P.S. I know you're listening dev. It would be huge to me if you could do this, or even use my ideas as a springboard. I'm perfectly fine with it so long as A) It's in the game (hopefully soon), and B) If you do use my ideas, to at least credit me for it. I'd really appreciate it. ;D

Edited by Highlanderoctorok

Now that I think about it, another problem would be cover. That could be fixed with randomly generated objects (I.E. Destroyed battleships, destroyable asteroids, etc.). The match time could also be extended, along with the main objective win amount (A.K.A. 50 Oro in FFA, which should probably have the magnetic pull-like feature (where they drift toward you when you approach them) drift start radius increased to fifty meters) increased to allow the players to get used to the randomly generated terrain. The maps would probably be a bit smaller, too, and bumping into obstacles should result in minor damage, while being caught in an explosion resulting from an asteroid being destroyed would deal slightly more damage. Again, just more thoughts.

The thing is, Nyan, so much time has passed in Warframe (from a lore standpoint) that Archwings are/have become one of "the Old Ways". Also, I completely agree that there should be a new character (complex ideas first, perhaps a Corpus Void scavenger, somewhat like Baro Ki'Teer goes to the void to get his wares, but he almost became Corrupted and used a nearby Archwing to escape. Another possible (and more usable/reasonable) backstory could be that the new character would be of Orokin descent, hailing from a large family tree of Archwing masters after the fall, which all but the character got wiped out trying to take out the Baylor Formorians, maybe somewhere between the fall and the first Tenno awakening). Idk, just some creative input. ;D

P.S. I know you're listening dev. It would be huge to me if you could do this, or even use my ideas as a springboard. I'm perfectly fine with it so long as A) It's in the game (hopefully soon), and B) If you do use my ideas, to at least credit me for it. I'd really appreciate it. ;D

No i mean, Archwing is centuries old but Gun and Blade goes back to medival ages and our tims, which could be millenias from Warframe s timeline. I very well know my way with Warframe Lore. So my point being, Archwing is way newer than Gun and Blade.

This won't work until DE realize what a mistake they did with aw melee and martial magnetism.

Well, that is true, but then again, AWPvp would have it's own set of AWPvP-exclusive mods. I doubt martial magnetism would be one of them, considering that there would be a different set of conclave mods specifically for use with AWPvP.

No i mean, Archwing is centuries old but Gun and Blade goes back to medival ages and our tims, which could be millenias from Warframe s timeline. I very well know my way with Warframe Lore. So my point being, Archwing is way newer than Gun and Blade.

Well, now that you put it like that, I suppose that is true, but that also bears the question: is our world even IN their timeline? An intriguing question indeed...........

Well, that is true, but then again, AWPvp would have it's own set of AWPvP-exclusive mods. I doubt martial magnetism would be one of them, considering that there would be a different set of conclave mods specifically for use with AWPvP.

What I meant was that AW melee system should have never existed like that, such as Martial Magnetism should never have existed.

Well, now that you put it like that, I suppose that is true, but that also bears the question: is our world even IN their timeline? An intriguing question indeed...........

About a third of Dark Sector is possibbly lore friendly, which means it is but DE decided not to get into legal issues. Thing is our world very well is in it, but what year or century is it, i mean grineer hasn't celebrated halloween for a mileenia soo... There has got to be a huge time gap.