Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe Market Is A Joke And Actively Discourages Impulse Purchases (Updated, Includes Solution To Installed Catalysts/weapon Slot On Weapons)

Prices are too high in your suggestion. They need to be impulse buys. They need to be things people don't even think about doing, they just do because they want it NOW. And some of it needs to be farm only; I'd suggest frames be farm only, and you can buy weapons/slots/catalysts/forma with platinum at reasonable prices.

I'd also suggest taking the forma price out of Dojo parts, so that Forma is treated like a catalyst or reactor. 20 platinum is impulse buy area, but not when you have to buy 5 for a hallway.

If akbolto costs 20 plat, I might buy it. If it costs 75, I won't. There's a point where no matter how inconvenient something is to get otherwise, I won't pay the amount, and once you get past a dollar or two, you've reached it for a single item, no matter what that single item is. If frames need to cost $10, don't sell them at all. People won't buy them at $10 any more than they would at $20 because the price is too high for them to not think about it. And frankly, you do have to have something to play for.

Collecting small bits constantly adds up much faster and to much bigger amounts than large bits slowly and rarely.

I think that DE gave founders like Grand Masters too much platinum and now the only way they know to make them spend it is to have high prices. If you have low prices then a GM would only need 2000-3000 platinum to get everything.

Not that i have anything against GM's, it's just a thought.

Look at Steam, look how much profit Valve earns during Steam sales. They earn MILLIONS, their profits skyrocket. People LOVE sales, so take advantage of them.

They can't brah... Valve are pros. Also one of my favorite devs.
But your idea is gold. I like this game it's swell. But DE are getting over their heads.

I honestly don't care about item prices because I try not to buy anything, but would it kill them to shorten the wait time or reduce the amount of plat it cost to rush crafts? I mean why would someone want to wait 12 hours to 5 days on something they didn't want to buy in the first place, and that 10-50 plat can add up very fast.

weapon + catalst = 35?

weapon + catalist + weapon slot = 45?

??

2 weapons slots = 12 -> 1 weapon slot = 6.

So why make it +10 platinum for a weapon slot?

those numbers are just to demonstrate how sensible it is to decrease the price not actually thought out.

bump, keep this thread alive and maybe DE will do something about it.

I doubt they are going to do anything at this point because there's no mentioning of this in the new community hot topics post that Rebecca just posted.  And chances are they probably won't even mention this in the live stream which also means that there's a good amount of people throwing money at them even with the current state of pricing. People just can't resist and don't have a sense of what money is worth nowadays.

I've spent a solid amount of money (especially considering how little money I have) on this game, but I would have spent a whole lot more if the 'frames and weps were more in the $5 range and less in the $20 range. I'd pay five bucks for a glaive, easy. Fifteen? No way in hell. DE aren't getting any more of my money; all my plat's gone into reactors and catalysts.

How did i miss this thread. Great job OP looks like you put in some effort =]

Only thing id like to add to that would be to make more bundles. There needs to be some kind of slot bundle. Every one needs slots and if they wont put them in game at least put out some affordable bundle like 5 of each slot for 5$: So 5 warframe slots and 5 weapon slots for 75 plat.

I think that DE gave founders like Grand Masters too much platinum and now the only way they know to make them spend it is to have high prices. If you have low prices then a GM would only need 2000-3000 platinum to get everything.

Well you can't blame them can you, they did spend 250 bucks. Besides there will always be new content to help drain the remaining plats. De can always implement something like premium account which offers a sustainable platinum sink. But anyway the current scheme of the market seems to only appeal to a small percent of the player base. And once these players have had enough spending into this game, they'll eventually need to appeal to a greater audience and by that time it could be too late, for me at least because I was planning to go up to grand master at one point but this is the stopping point for me.

Edited by Pisirk

I doubt they are going to do anything at this point because there's no mentioning of this in the new community hot topics post that Rebecca just posted.  And chances are they probably won't even mention this in the live stream which also means that there's a good amount of people throwing money at them even with the current state of pricing. People just can't resist and don't have a sense of what money is worth nowadays.

57737859.jpg

Like i said before.... this topic is not new and im pretty sure they discussed it in one of the streams.

Maybe wait for the next stream and see if they bring it up but they are not going to give you a lengthy reply here why the pricing is the way it is. 

57737859.jpg

Like i said before.... this topic is not new and im pretty sure they discussed it in one of the streams.

Maybe wait for the next stream and see if they bring it up but they are not going to give you a lengthy reply here why the pricing is the way it is. 

"Maybe" is highly unlikely and they don't need to explain here, a simple acknowledgement is good enough, but not even that. Also, in one of the streams they did touch on the topic but simply dismissed it with "oh you don't have to buy plats if you don't like the price, you can obtain it without spending money". That's bull. but people bought it and stopped. Anyway, I won't be too hasty to voice my full opinion about DE but I'll keep an eye to see what their true intentions are.

P.S you can stop repeating yourself now. Its not healthy.

Edited by Pisirk

There's a really easy solution to this that DE should consider.

Premium skins and colors with minor benefits and huge prices.

I bet you could get a couple of Grand Masters buying in for a solid gold skin on their Braton/Hek/etc that gives, I don't know, +5% credit, affinity, and material drops but costs 400 plat.

Or hexagon/glowing circuit line bump and glowmapped 'colors' for their Warframes which give similar minor bonuses to progression. Paying for ridiculous pimp looks.

I know if I could buy glowing lines on my warframes I'd probably drop a bunch of my plat on it. Basically, Veblen goods. They provide negligible benefit, but the benefit isn't actually the reason people buy them. The reason people buy them is because they're so expensive and only acquirable via real money, so it's basically showing off how much money you put into the game.

Kind of like the shiny founders' badges, but ingame.

Or hexagon/glowing circuit line bump and glowmapped 'colors' for their Warframes which give similar minor bonuses to progression. Paying for ridiculous pimp looks.

Yes please.

Doesn't even have to have the bonus. Do want.