Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe Market Is A Joke And Actively Discourages Impulse Purchases (Updated, Includes Solution To Installed Catalysts/weapon Slot On Weapons)

I know because look at any successful F2P game. It's also simple business knowledge when it comes to games like this which anybody can play. Small incremental purchases lead to the largest profit because people don't feel like they're wasting anything.

Do you think people are clamoring to pay what must be $40 for the Stalker set?

Yeah,someone in DE should read the book of Paul Samuelson.

Edited by zorinho20

Seriousley....if I get it right, you want to totally eliminate the playing joy of poor players? Want the poor to go away and get the rich to pay more? What the F*** is wrong with you?

What? No, the OP is all about making things cheaper. Are you misunderstanding something, perhaps?

considering EVERYONE got day 1 login rewards, platinum discount coupons... am i the only one who feels like we're even pressured to buy platinum?

I got Warframe XP, so nah, not everyone. Also, it was a bug and has since been removed.

++++ to the post. In additional in other countries, not US or Canada, may be different economy and different earn by ppls. I mean in one country ppl earn 5000$ in another 500-1000$. According to this, prices need to be fixed.

considering EVERYONE got day 1 login rewards, platinum discount coupons... am i the only one who feels like we're even pressured to buy platinum?

I usually don't like feeling pressured to buy in-game currency.

I also actually don't like feeling pressured to buy plat. Which is how I feel occasionally. Everything else about this game is phenomenal--if they could just shake off the feeling like all they want is my money. I'm completely okay with the fact that that IS what they actually want, but I won't stick around long if they don't at least class it up a bit more. Be subtle in your fleecing.

There's a really easy solution to this that DE should consider.

Premium skins and colors with minor benefits and huge prices.

I bet you could get a couple of Grand Masters buying in for a solid gold skin on their Braton/Hek/etc that gives, I don't know, +5% credit, affinity, and material drops but costs 400 plat.

Or hexagon/glowing circuit line bump and glowmapped 'colors' for their Warframes which give similar minor bonuses to progression. Paying for ridiculous pimp looks.

I know if I could buy glowing lines on my warframes I'd probably drop a bunch of my plat on it. Basically, Veblen goods. They provide negligible benefit, but the benefit isn't actually the reason people buy them. The reason people buy them is because they're so expensive and only acquirable via real money, so it's basically showing off how much money you put into the game.

Kind of like the shiny founders' badges, but ingame.

God damnit, now I want to become Pimp-ban.

Yep as suspected, this wasn't even mentioned on the live stream. It seems DE just completely ignored this thread. Well can't really blame them if they're making good money from people even if things do look crap from the experienced player's side.

This issue wasn't mentioned at all in the livestream but let's keep this thread alive and centralized for market pricing problems (and so that DE knows how persistent we are about it)

Well i at least got Rebecca to acknowledge that there is a problem to talk about

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/54697-live-stream-did-not-adress-platnum-or-slots-at-all-more/

Seriousley....if I get it right, you want to totally eliminate the playing joy of poor players? Want the poor to go away and get the rich to pay more? What the F*** is wrong with you?

The OP wants the 'poor' to be able to afford things in the market and the rich to pay more because they buy more stuff.

If you're referring to me, I want there to be items in the market specifically to soak the rich and their need for vanity, while cutting prices for things with actual, serious, utility.

This thread goes into more detail: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55065-warframe-market-suggestion-cut-prices-give-veblen-goods/

Over 400 upvotes and this wasn't talked about in the stream? Good job not pulling all the hottest topics. Multiple overpriced platinum threads as well. Also @MJ12: Perfectly said in your thread.

While their at it, not only do they need to fix prices because they are ridiculous, but in relation to each other. 

Furis = 120

Afuris = 225 (Cheaper for 2?)

Viper = 75

Twin Vipers = 225 (So triple for 2?)

Bronco = 190

Dual broncos = 225 (so 35 plat for second one?)

Skana = 150 (EVERYONE STARTS WITH THIS, yet there are cheaper melee in there)

Guessing whoever does the market, does it while drinking. Or perhaps they realize the prices are so outragous they just throw numbers out for fun. 

Edited by Pandemia

wow, I would have been satisfied with just that. "too difficult to decide...but not ignored" would have been suffice for majority of the people here.

It is just that, in the 19th Hot Topics the last post was:

May 21st @ 2:00 PM EST UPDATE:

Recipes are being reviewed and changed! I'll have more news on this later.

I apologize if in these past 9 days this issues seems ignored. It is still very much on my list here, as I directly said:

"A lot of these Hot Feedback Topics are the same as last weeks: https://forums.warfr...eedback-topics/"

In the beginning of the May 28th post, sorry if it was unclear. I will be adding more to this, hopefully today!

EDIT: Just including that while this isn't about recipes entirely, it is about the market, which is the overall issue we're hoping to cover!

The OP wants the 'poor' to be able to afford things in the market and the rich to pay more because they buy more stuff.

If you're referring to me, I want there to be items in the market specifically to soak the rich and their need for vanity, while cutting prices for things with actual, serious, utility.

This thread goes into more detail: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/55065-warframe-market-suggestion-cut-prices-give-veblen-goods/

I guess my post didn't make it to the thread the way it was intended. I didn't reply to OP's post but to some other guy who said the prices should go up and DE should eliminate blueprints.