Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ashs Bladestorm Devstream 60 (Thank You Scott)

xLordKogax

just leave Bladestorm alone and add polish to its current mechanics.  Its one of the few abilities that offer a different view point of action, like the new upcoming Archer skill.

i feel like Ash is one of the most balanced well designed frames in this game.

all they need to do to BS, is allow us to stop the flurry whenever we want by pressing 4 again, add som emore animations. Maybe they could add a prompt to force finisher with melee instead of blades for extra damage, and maybe less teleports.

The skill just needs to be polished. All these "reworks" basically sound like fantasy ideas for a completely new frame.

I don't support your idea. Way too complicated with those 10+ effects that you listed for a mediocre ultimate.

So you basically want Blade Storm to...

1) Turn Ash invisible during the duration.

Doesn't Smoke Screen already do this? lol

2) Release "choke cloud" when using Teleport and Smoke Screen, and when attacking.

Smoke Screen already "choke" them. More redundancy here and it really doesn't make sense for a teleporting Ash to release "choke cloud." When Ash teleports from one spot to another, his body turns to smoke, which doesn't expand through a wide area. It's not like he is dropping smoke bombs, now is he? If anything, I think Smoke Screen needs to be changed to be more useful, rather than using similar ideas for his ultimate.

3) Open enemies up for finisher.

Teleport already does this. yawn...

4) To start doing slashes?

" I think Bladestorms Hidden Blades should be changed in order to make this look nicer and emphasize on the Ideas damage type (Finisher/Slash) "

If I understand you correctly, then you want hidden blades to have slashing animations. Do you know why those so-called "hidden blades"

are designed the way they are, thin and double-edged? The function of such design is to stab. I'll be damned if an assassin like Ash started slashing with his hidden blades like the Maplestory gif that you showed. Your suggestion would ruin his design, just like how the clones did. The concept of Ash is to hop, teleport on an enemy, stab, hop off, teleport,... rinse and repeat.

Yeah, so the more I think about your idea, the more it doesn't make sense. Like what's the point of freeaim teleport for Blade Storm, beside the fact that the community are begging for it for no real good reason? Is Teleport not good enough to close the gap? I think simplicity is better. Even making Blade Storm similar to Atlas' #1 sounds like a better idea. You need to think about Ash as a whole package, not just putting a bunch of random ideas together for an ultimate.

Some ppl want destroy all good skills in the game , turning useless , to play only with soldiers and weapons , somekind of generic gears of wars

just leave Bladestorm alone and add polish to its current mechanics.  Its one of the few abilities that offer a different view point of action, like the new upcoming Archer skill.

i feel like Ash is one of the most balanced well designed frames in this game.

all they need to do to BS, is allow us to stop the flurry whenever we want by pressing 4 again, add som emore animations. Maybe they could add a prompt to force finisher with melee instead of blades for extra damage, and maybe less teleports.

The skill just needs to be polished. All these "reworks" basically sound like fantasy ideas for a completely new frame.

I dont think You fellas were around when this thread first came about. This is actually a combined thread of people who also share the same passion

ASH

35de1hy.png

We believe that Ash's Archtype is Stealth/Finisher/Slash and this is emphasized obviously in his damage and what he delivers in game.

Koga is a very passionate Ash fan and I am in his clan he is our Senpai :) I love his ideas and philosophy I feel he captures Ash in every sense.

Instead of creating a complete different ability he kept it and reinvented a new Bladestorm and added life to his other abilities.

I will explain what Koga wants for Ash as we speak about this all the time.

*SHURIKEN*

-Damage scaling off Melee/Secondary (which ever works best)

-Better Tracking

-passive free teleport to enemies Bleeding from shuriken

*SMOKE SCREEN*

-smoke screen chokes enemies in AoE

-smoke shadow auto cloaks allies no matter range

-enemies choked in clouds open up to finishers

*TELEPORT*

-Teleport stuns enemies more efficient and effective

-free aim teleport with short range 5m (More or less)

-Bled enemies by shuriken can be free teleported to

*BLADE STORM*

-Toggle Drain mode for more control

-Interactive Bladestorm No cutscenes or press 4 Nukes

-same damage output (Finisher/Slash) and Clones

-New animations 

This is only up to DE to capture some of these  ideas and philosophy for Ash. Although I doubted DE would listen before they finally listened about Bladestorm, question is will they touch up the rest of Ashs abilities or just Bladestorm?

Koga told Me about Ash and Loki once having the same duration in earlier Updates but DE Nerfing Ashs smoke screen due to complaints from the community about Ash being More OP then Loki. This is soo childish and when I heard this I realized where the whole dilemma of Ash vs Loki came from.

I care not about the drama as You can see Ash and Loki are laughing at all this xD

Im sure Koga only seeks to make Ash what his True potential should be. With the new rework upcoming He said "Hopefully they dont ruin Arcane Trickery from Procing when You send out Your Clones"

As [DE]Steve Sinclair said on Twitter

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/653731622102126593

What will happen to Bladestorm then? Will they consider our Arcane Trickerys? Those arent easy to get and not Free either.

Will Bladestorm remove Ashs Invincibility? Thats important to how I play him for recovering shields etc. I do like the change but hope they get it right and not ruin Bladestorm because its a cool ability. 

Lets hope DE gets it right

Edited by AKKILLA

i escpecially want to speak to u two guys. Ur feedback is constructiv and well structured. But here is the BUT:

I hope both of u understood the changes to mesa's peacemaker, ash BS has the same problems. Its just press 4 to win and this isnt smth DE want to have in the game, they are going to reworking much abilities to make them more interactive and so on and this is great.

+Duyet: u are complaining that this rework will make ash lose his spirit, well u got a point, ofc this would change him, but unfortunately he isnt like u descriped he should be. It would be cool if he is this kind of assasin like, but he isnt the way DE designed him, cause of BS, giving an assasin a aoe damage skill is kind of stupid, but its the most used and most loved skill he got, so why not "changing" his theme for the goods of fun. (for me it doesnt looks like u have played ash for long...)

+Hypernaut1: When i think about it, i can understand what u think is balanced about ash, his complete kit is fine by its own, WHEN u dont bring it to high level or even try to optimize it. The way the game is designed atm u can nearly forget about his teleport for doing damage. As a tool for movement its ok, but for myself i need nearly the same time to reach my target than aiming and pressing 3. When u want to go into highlevel u need to go for damage, because ashs kit provides no CC (forget about that brief stun of 2, it sucks). But his shurikens are kinda meh....the damage of BS it totally fine, but its boring to use. U have ur opinion and i have mine and i dont think that hes balanced when u really want to play him.

What will happen to Bladestorm then? Will they consider our Arcane Trickerys? Those arent easy to get and not Free either.

Will Bladestorm remove Ashs Invincibility? Thats important to how I play him for recovering shields etc. I do like the change but hope they get it right and not ruin Bladestorm because its a cool ability. 

Lets hope DE gets it right

As u may know, i also spoke a lot with koga and in some points i have a complete different point of view, maybe u have seen my rework suggestion or maybe not, idc. What i want to say is, thats for me kinda sad that a "assasin" like ash needs an expensive item to be unseen. For me arcanes should be a improvement for the frames, not something to rely on. I would be kinda happy if the new BS doesnt proc trickery, because it will force DE to give it more usefullness, instead of saying "he can proc trickery, thats all he need" U know what i mean?

As u may know, i also spoke a lot with koga and in some points i have a complete different point of view, maybe u have seen my rework suggestion or maybe not, idc. What i want to say is, thats for me kinda sad that a "assasin" like ash needs an expensive item to be unseen. For me arcanes should be a improvement for the frames, not something to rely on. I would be kinda happy if the new BS doesnt proc trickery, because it will force DE to give it more usefullness, instead of saying "he can proc trickery, thats all he need" U know what i mean?

Yes You, I remember You and I know Your philosophy behind arcane trickery but that doesnt change the fact that we use it and takes a great deal to farm or a nice chunk of plat to buy.

You are correct it shouldnt be relied on but I will say this. It serves a great purpose that is Augment Ash. I think You dont know the build Koga gave Me its pretty creative and You can run invisibility almost longer then Loki by stacking betweeen Trickery+Smoke screen

Another fact is Arcane Trickery is BEST for Ashs Bladestorm and works Fantastic against Nullifiers and Stalker.

This carries Ash further in end Game and it works wonderful with Ash. 

I believe Arcane Trickery is great and under rated since people some what despise Ash and this enhancement is clearly best suited for the Master of Finishers

ash_by_josea302-d7i8p1h.jpg

p.s. I wish his smoke screen would work like this ^

Yes You, I remember You and I know Your philosophy behind arcane trickery but that doesnt change the fact that we use it and takes a great deal to farm or a nice chunk of plat to buy.

You are correct it shouldnt be relied on but I will say this. It serves a great purpose that is Augment Ash. I think You dont know the build Koga gave Me its pretty creative and You can run invisibility almost longer then Loki by stacking betweeen Trickery+Smoke screen

Another fact is Arcane Trickery is BEST for Ashs Bladestorm and works Fantastic against Nullifiers and Stalker.

This carries Ash further in end Game and it works wonderful with Ash. 

I believe Arcane Trickery is great and under rated since people some what despise Ash and this enhancement is clearly best suited for the Master of Finishers

Well i think this build is about stacking some ok duration combined with effiziency. Using BS and smokescreen sounds kinda nice as a playstyle, but i think u agree that this still could be increased and the rest of its kit isnt used at all (not forgetting about the energycosts, still with 175% i could turn out expensive; 1+ for drain, or smth similiar)

Ash is a assassin , maybe more legit ninja in the game , as assassin s suppose he kill targets, but s not true press4 and kill em all, he kill max 18 targets in max range, in a crowd missions we have much more enemies in a room , so he dont kill em all , as a saryn per ex . If ash lost your assassin skill he become a worst version of loki , why not remove skills , give same status for all chars and stop this fights? I was see same guys making looby against all area skills , is completely stupid have useless  agressives area skills , as a mag crush , dont kill , spend lot energy, nobody like mag , if bladestorm is abusive as some guys want try to say, why dont use ash in draco farm ?

Hey, I mentioned last page some thoughts I had about Ash, and how I think most of us would be willing to accept a less automated nuke 4 ult if his other skills actually gained some utility. The reason frames like loki, nova, trin, etc are preferred over ash is because no matter how awesome and overpowered a damage ability make seem in the mid game, without some serious scaling it becomes useless for much of the content that advanced players (like a least a few of us talking on this thread) enjoy. That's just how the game works, at some point, utility is king. 

The stun with SS is important, such as a good way to get out of a crowd that bladestorm might have dropped you in, but it so energy ineffecient when you mod for bladestorm that it's a terrible skill. The reason arcane trickery is so awesome on Ash is that it gives him the same invisibility that he was intended to have. We mod for incredible power strength because it's needed at high levels to make him useful.

I run a trickery hybrid where I salvage about 5-6s of invis by throwing out shields and the rage mod so I can revive, hack, get LS, etc.  I use the time spent in trickery invis to kill any extrmis I failed to eliminate with BS and gather energy. This is not a winning strategy at some point though, because it only procs on melee FINISHERS, not finisher DAMAGE, so unless you kill a target with BS, trickery has no chance to proc. At some point, usually before other frames start to struggle (I also play loki quite a bit) you will happen to repeat several attacks on extrimis and heavy units and will stop proc-ing trickery. So now, right at the point you need that utility most, it's robbed from you and you're forced again into endless BS which is no fun to play. I hate watching a teammate die because I'm trapped in an endless BS animation/cycle, but it does happen. I have trained myself to play what I call an "immortal" ash and easily make it to 40min T4S, but he frankly doesn't help the team as much as loki, or just survive as well as Valkir (I find her boring most of the time, but to each their own). Ash is awesome, but he isn't really the assassin we want in the game.

I want to keep trickery as a nice benefit, but I think it should be a "Oh hey! I got invis for free for a bit, I could go after that nullie." Rather than a crude patch for his gameplay. Sure I can out damage nearly every frame in the game accept maybe Sayrn, but her rework just goes to show that DE wants fun>DPS, which I think is a fine tradeoff. With a upcoming rework of his ult, we should expect the same from Ash. 

Hey, I mentioned last page some thoughts I had about Ash, and how I think most of us would be willing to accept a less automated nuke 4 ult if his other skills actually gained some utility. The reason frames like loki, nova, trin, etc are preferred over ash is because no matter how awesome and overpowered a damage ability make seem in the mid game, without some serious scaling it becomes useless for much of the content that advanced players (like a least a few of us talking on this thread) enjoy. That's just how the game works, at some point, utility is king. 

The stun with SS is important, such as a good way to get out of a crowd that bladestorm might have dropped you in, but it so energy ineffecient when you mod for bladestorm that it's a terrible skill. The reason arcane trickery is so awesome on Ash is that it gives him the same invisibility that he was intended to have. We mod for incredible power strength because it's needed at high levels to make him useful.

I run a trickery hybrid where I salvage about 5-6s of invis by throwing out shields and the rage mod so I can revive, hack, get LS, etc.  I use the time spent in trickery invis to kill any extrmis I failed to eliminate with BS and gather energy. This is not a winning strategy at some point though, because it only procs on melee FINISHERS, not finisher DAMAGE, so unless you kill a target with BS, trickery has no chance to proc. At some point, usually before other frames start to struggle (I also play loki quite a bit) you will happen to repeat several attacks on extrimis and heavy units and will stop proc-ing trickery. So now, right at the point you need that utility most, it's robbed from you and you're forced again into endless BS which is no fun to play. I hate watching a teammate die because I'm trapped in an endless BS animation/cycle, but it does happen. I have trained myself to play what I call an "immortal" ash and easily make it to 40min T4S, but he frankly doesn't help the team as much as loki, or just survive as well as Valkir (I find her boring most of the time, but to each their own). Ash is awesome, but he isn't really the assassin we want in the game.

I want to keep trickery as a nice benefit, but I think it should be a "Oh hey! I got invis for free for a bit, I could go after that nullie." Rather than a crude patch for his gameplay. Sure I can out damage nearly every frame in the game accept maybe Sayrn, but her rework just goes to show that DE wants fun>DPS, which I think is a fine tradeoff. With a upcoming rework of his ult, we should expect the same from Ash. 

I will relate this. Arcane Trickery was indeed intended by DE for Ashs Bladestorm and I think its quiet evident that it is being that it works BEST for Ashs Bladestorm and also Procs on Clones that Kill not just Ash.

Btw check this video i think this is exactly like what Bladestorm mode Koga wants. A Fast, Fluid, Interactive, Bladestorm with Clones.

Something that looks elegant for a Ninja in every sense, visuals and in game effectiveness.

A Bladestorm like this looks spectacular and I vote for it all Day. Looks Elusive and Lethal as Ash is intended to be.

Ash bladwarrior: 

Two super close range blades

DOES FINISHER DAMAGE.

HAS TO DO A FINISHER ANIMATION

Invisible unless after a finisher which brings you out of invisibility for 3 seconds.

Can chain finishers in a 5 meter radius.

Skill synergies:

All of Ash's skills have their cost DOUBLED during the form.

1: Ash throws his dark daggers at enemies oneshoting them.

2: Ash releases a huge cloud that stuns all targets inside of it and provides teammates inside of it with 30 seconds of invisibility

3: Ash creates a clone of itself that will hunt down targets for a bit this will add ANOTHER drain ontop of its already drain you can spawn 3 at a time but it will drain energy at a insane rate. They do extremely good damage but DO NOT DO FINISHER DAMAGE. They put the enemy into finisher animations and do enough damage to oneshot a level 40.

Edited by Feallike

Personally I think they should add another frame that plays the way you outline, I think Ash is fine as is.

Make another Ninja Warframe?

Dont be negative, theres no point if we have Ash and if hes gimped why not offer our ideas to give the developers inspiration?

Im noticing a major issue in this community, that is the knack for people wanting to tell others what to do and force players to just deal with what we have and FINAL. While alot of you have Your ideologies you are subjective and wrong in your mandatory objections.

Saying "He is Fine" "Dont touch him" etc wont change the fact about how some of us feel and we will not be quiet because a few of you dont feel the same. You dont see me telling some of You to stop with Your comments and complaining about Your opinions.

If I really listened to some of You folks here I think i would of uninstalled this game awhile back because some of You could drive a player insane to no end with Your die hard opinions. I am an Ash fan along with Koga and a few of You, it seems like some of us Ash fans are in a totally different viewpoint. 

That or we just didnt grow up playing the same Ninja games in our up bringings but we all are familiar with the common house hold names in the Gaming and Ninja industry, almost every Game uses similar concepts like Dashing, Sliding, Wall running, Acrobatics, Clones, Smoke bombs, Teleportation, Izuna drop/Hidden Lotus etc.

Saying that Bladestorm looking like slash dash is redundant or making another Stance Ultimate is redundant is just ignorance and shows how negative people can be. You need to learn to adapt and stop getting use to the norm.

If DE do ruin Trickery in Bladestorm then Trickery becomes Unuseable Garbage. I do understand Your statement, Trickery shouldnt be mandatory but noone made it mandatory. It in fact is what You said an enhancement, an augmentation to the Warframe itself.

This is a Pro Ash Players set up to take Ash a big step forward into end game and it does the Job Perfect.

If You do play Ash you will know that Trckery is in fact Ashs Golden Prize. Its an Arcane enhancement unofficially made for Him.

Remember 10% is very low and to optimize and get the following effects You need not 1 Trickery but 2 of the enhancements Maxed out to benefit from this and that can be close to 600plat.

I would be upset if they ruin this :(

I feel excited but also worried about upcoming blade storm change.

Some people want to keep its original concept.

I really like Ash, but there are several things I don't like about current blade storm:

1.Performance can be very different due to the tile rule. (some big areas are considered a single open tile and you can hit all targets, while some areas are small and combined by different tiles so that you can't target your enemies well.)

2.Non host may suffer painful delay between each attack.

3.Sometimes it uses very weird field of view.

That's what I "guess" how Blade Storm will be changed by DE:

You still need LoS for the main target to activate.

You vanish and become invulnerable at your initial position.

Ash creates 3 clones to attack enemies around the main target, you still use your original camera.

Clones use Improved killing animations.

You can move the camera simply by moving the mouse, but it will not keep popping.

When finished, you represent at your initial position.

Technically it makes the minimum change of its original concept but solves the camera issue.

No buff or nerf basically.

However, you can NOT pick up loots by carrier during blade storm this way since you are replaced by another clone.

P.S.

TBH I don't want another toggle change or a stance ultimate, but maybe it's just me.

I feel excited but also worried about upcoming blade storm change.

Some people want to keep its original concept.

I really like Ash, but there are several things I don't like about current blade storm:

1.Performance can be very different due to the tile rule. (some big areas are considered a single open tile and you can hit all targets, while some areas are small and combined by different tiles so that you can't target your enemies well.)

2.Non host may suffer painful delay between each attack.

3.Sometimes it uses very weird field of view.

That's what I "guess" how Blade Storm will be changed by DE:

You still need LoS for the main target to activate.

You vanish and become invulnerable at your initial position.

Ash creates 3 clones to attack enemies around the main target, you still use your original camera.

Clones use Improved killing animations.

You can move the camera simply by moving the mouse, but it will not keep popping.

When finished, you represent at your initial position.

Technically it makes the minimum change of its original concept but solves the camera issue.

No buff or nerf basically.

However, you can NOT pick up loots by carrier during blade storm this way since you are replaced by another clone.

P.S.

TBH I don't want another toggle change or a stance ultimate, but maybe it's just me.

If Im not mistaking I seen this in like 3 other Ash threads by You, seems like You copy pasted on the Ash threads to get Your point across.

I dont think You fellas were around when this thread first came about. This is actually a combined thread of people who also share the same passion

*SHURIKEN*

-Damage scaling off Melee/Secondary (which ever works best)

-Better Tracking

-passive free teleport to enemies Bleeding from shuriken

*SMOKE SCREEN*

-smoke screen chokes enemies in AoE

-smoke shadow auto cloaks allies no matter range

-enemies choked in clouds open up to finishers

*TELEPORT*

-Teleport stuns enemies more efficient and effective

-free aim teleport with short range 5m (More or less)

-Bled enemies by shuriken can be free teleported to

*BLADE STORM*

-Toggle Drain mode for more control

-Interactive Bladestorm No cutscenes or press 4 Nukes

-same damage output (Finisher/Slash) and Clones

-New animations 

Shuriken

-Damage scaling off Melee/Secondary would make bleeding too strong due to bleeding effect that can bypass armor and shield if your base damage is in the thousands.

-Better Tracking, why? I don't think it should be easy mode. It does what it's supposed to do and doesn't need to be easier than it already is.

-passive free teleport to enemies Bleeding from shuriken-- WHY? Random effects like this make me question this thread.

Smoke Screen

-smoke screen chokes enemies in AoE- I wouldn't mind a little more than just staggering enemeis.

-smoke shadow auto cloaks allies no matter range. WHY? This makes no sense at all. This is like people begging for freeaim teleport just because they want it, and no for real good reasons.

-enemies choked in clouds open up to finishers- Seems like a copy of Radial Blind. This is what I mean by redundancy. Excalibur already does this and now we want Ash to have the same thing.

Teleport

-Teleport stuns enemies more efficient and effective- This doesn't make sense. Teleport is not supposed to stun. Ash basically sneaks up on a target when he teleports to deliver a finisher. I don't see where these random stuns are coming from.

-free aim teleport with short range 5m (More or less)- 5m is pretty short so why not just walk over? Seems kinda random with these freeaim suggestion.

-Bled enemies by shuriken can be free teleported to.... ....

Blade Storm

I honestly think that sounds like an of Hysteria gone bad.

i escpecially want to speak to u two guys. Ur feedback is constructiv and well structured. But here is the BUT:

I hope both of u understood the changes to mesa's peacemaker, ash BS has the same problems. Its just press 4 to win and this isnt smth DE want to have in the game, they are going to reworking much abilities to make them more interactive and so on and this is great.

+Duyet: u are complaining that this rework will make ash lose his spirit, well u got a point, ofc this would change him, but unfortunately he isnt like u descriped he should be. It would be cool if he is this kind of assasin like, but he isnt the way DE designed him, cause of BS, giving an assasin a aoe damage skill is kind of stupid, but its the most used and most loved skill he got, so why not "changing" his theme for the goods of fun. (for me it doesnt looks like u have played ash for long...)

Press 4 to win isn't going to go away. Damage scaling might be an issue, but some frames like Frost, Oberon, and Volt will always being nuking enemies, unless they change the ultimates completely.

As far as I am concerned, I have been playing Ash since the beginning of my Warframe journey. Ash is the first frame that I made, with Loki being the starter frame. I was looking for another stealth frame with offensive capability for a change and Ash was the answer. You can check my profile history and see all the complaining threads I made about the dumb clones. Anyway, I have to disagree; he was the way DE designed him. Watch the trailer and that was the original concept of Ash ( before he had his blades), which he continuously teleport around and destroyed enemies. So, I don't think the idea of an assassin that is capable of teleporting around to do AoE damage is a stupid idea.

Regarding Ash's spirit, he already lost it when the clones were introduced. He was supposed to be an assassin that picked off enemies one by one, but since so many people complained that it was too slow and they couldn't save their teammates in time De had to comply and sped things up with these random clones out of nowhere. DE could have simply put a cancel option by pressing 4 again, or those people, who used Blade Storm at inappropriate times, could have learned how to play Ash properly. But who knows what this community wants? They wanted a nuke, and now they want an interactive ultimate, which undoubtedly would be slower.