Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier Vacuum On Any Sentinal.

HunterKurza

This livestream was embarrassing. Their responses were embarrassing. They put zero thought towards the issue.

I dunno. Their answers and mannerisms smelled of awkward and uncomfortable-ness. I don't think they actually thought about it before, so they didn't really know what to say.

So they went with that horrible "1337 players don't use Carrier"-response.

to shut all of you up why not ask DE to build one sentinel with all the precepts, invis, vacuum, scan,  electricity, poison, dps etc and get rid of the ones thats here already and I do hope it will make you a happy camper.

ps: after if it should be and comes to pass, please dont make threads and arguments about diversification.

everyone having Vac is not going to solve anything.

All that is going to do is move players to the next Sentinel that offers a better combination.

What i have been suggesting from the start is to nerf Vac.

Have Vac only suck up one type of item per mod card equip.

Have Vac ammo, Vac creds, Vac mods, Vac resources mod cards that you can only equip one at a time.

The issue with Vac is not that it bring you stuff, the issue is that it brings you EVERYTHING.

you have choices just as in life you have choices. now whether you make the right one its all upto you. warframe is all about power and efficiency just as in some job you want all the tools (power) to be efficient so you dont WASTE time doing the SIMPLEST of things.

Edited by ranks21

everyone having Vac is not going to solve anything.

All that is going to do is move players to the next Sentinel that offers a better combination.

What i have been suggesting from the start is to nerf Vac.

Have Vac only suck up one type of item per mod card equip.

Have Vac ammo, Vac creds, Vac mods, Vac resources mod cards that you can only equip one at a time.

The issue with Vac is not that it bring you stuff, the issue is that it brings you EVERYTHING.

that is an unnecessary nerf to carrier.

Vacuum is NOT that op. If players want variety, they just need to use other companions.

you have choices just as in life you have choices. now whether you make the right one its all upto you. warframe is all about power and efficiency just as in some job you want all the tools (power) to be efficient so you dont WASTE time doing the SIMPLEST of things.

Its not that time wasting getting the drops I need as a vet player.

The utility of being able to revive a teammate in the middle of a s#tstorm is what I consider a valuable choice.

I dont see why the community doesnt see that.

If you stop using carrier, you WONT feel that big a difference in your effectiveness unless you

1. Have terrible aim

2. Weak weapon and warframe mods

3. In desperate need of all basic resources.

4. Weapon with terrible ammo efficiency.

In most other scenarios, you wont care if you get every single drop. Orbs are not hard to grab without vacuum, nor are mods. As a vet player I realize that carrier is not necessary a majority of the time- and I perform no less than others who use it.

Edited by Hypernaut1

Its not that time wasting getting the drops I need as a vet player.

The utility of being able to revive a teammate in the middle of a s#tstorm is what I consider a valuable choice.

I dont see why the community doesnt see that.

If you stop using carrier, you WONT feel that big a difference in your effectiveness unless you

1. Have terrible aim

2. Weak weapon and warframe mods

3. In desperate need of all basic resources.

4. Weapon with terrible ammo efficiency.

In most other scenarios, you wont care if you get every single drop. Orbs are not hard to grab without vacuum, nor are mods. As a vet player I realize that carrier is not necessary a majority of the time- and I perform no less than others who use it.

I'd say that if you use Animal Instict (Loot Radar for your Sentinel) you won't really miss Vacuum.

That much.

My clanmate remarked the other day, Diriga would be the perfect sentinel if only it had vacuum, which I agree would be nice.

The Shade precepts activate too unreliably to ever make me want to bring it anywhere lol

Carrier has made me lazy it's true, and if I remember to change the sentinel, I do try and use something else. For void missions though, I never bring anything else because I can smash crates through walls without activating whatever trap is necessary to "get to those crates". Carrier ensures I get whatever is behind the wall.

I do notice a loot difference when I don't have it and its partly because the drops aren't always something I'm looking out for which is my choice.

I actually started with wyrm, because that aoe knock down covered me from behind while I was still learning how to shoot so so long ago... when I got carrier, it gave me the ability to ignore everything but learning to shoot.. yes, it took me a long time to actually hit anything with a gun and not just melee.

I don't like people marginalising certain sections of the WF population based on their choice of companion. Warframe is about choices, we all have reasons for choosing what we did (even if its just blindly following what everyone else is doing, it's still a choice).

is a pain pay atention to the game and picking loot at the same time, vaccum is better than other sentinel mod, it  let you focus into the game.

dont know why people is so narrow minded abou the idea of make vaccum inherent for every compaion/warframe. theres no downside, will be better for the game since it will increse the diversity of companions used.

ITS NOT BEING LAZY, IS BEING EFFICIENT ABOUT LOOT, THATS ALL WF IS, LOOT.

Edited by Barkano

ITS NOT BEING LAZY, IS BEING EFFICIENT ABOUT LOOT, THATS ALL WF IS, LOOT.

If that is all wf is, it's in no wonder people get bored. Personally, Loot is just PART of the game and of course if your sole focus is loot, then Carrier is the the right sentinel for you.

But you are right in saying it would increase the diversity of companions used, given that DE already said Carrier is used twice as much as any other companion. Doesn't mean people don't use the other ones, just not as much.

Some sort of vacuum-like feature on every frame would be appropriate, even if it's some exilus adapter bs you have to unlock somehow.

That plus changing the vacuum precept ofc.

Then again, making the vacuum a general precept for all sentinels/companions is also a good idea... the point is, there

are many many ways to go around this issue and solve it with just a few changes that could definitely make the game experience much smoother, which iirc is what DE usually goes for with every update, like parkour 2.0.

Having to spend about 15% of your time or more on every game just running around trying to loot everything, because you're not using your carrier, it doesn't really feel "smooth", at all.

that is an unnecessary nerf to carrier.

Vacuum is NOT that op.

Hell yes it's that OP.

You just run in the general direction and everything gets picked up. 

Vac is the reason the launcher nerfs werent that big of an impact.

Vac is the reason why powers that continuously drain can go on forever.

Vac is the reason why high ammo consumption weapons can continue on.

Vac is the reason you never miss a rare resource.

If players want variety, they just need to use other companions.

Are ppl actually calling for variety or is DE complaining that Carrier is the most used Sentinel?

If people are complaining while at the same time not switching... that's a silly argument.

When i rank up i always rank up with new pets. But when im farming i do use Carrier. I probably have carrier as my use Sentinel but that's because i spend most of my time farming.