Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicate Melee Weapons Ideas

Deadshot408

Now I know this may seem a bit early I mean we just got primaries but still a good idea to think about. 

Im going to try and steer away from the syndicate augments for melee (Like im not going to say Vaykor Cleavers)

Perrin Sequence: How about the Kogake/Obex? think about it Perrin uses them to get their point across to those who interfear with their profits.

Red Veil: Scoliac or maybe a Rakta Glaive. Scoliac for that infected theme and maybe bring whips back from the dead (besides atterax) but the glaive idea makes sense think about it, veil has a bow sidearm/primary why not a throwable melee weapon?

Arbiters: This one is really easy: Boltlace! They have Akbolto, boltor, why not continue that theme and why not bump Tonfas back?

Suda: I couldnt really think of a melee weapon that fits the whole suda thing (shinks when sheathed) besides the glaive and that doesnt really make alot of sense (Suda being all advanced and all) so how about the Plasma sword? un-common, somewhat advanced, and it could fit.

Loka: This one is fairly simple as well, so loka have temples and are about purity right? well sometimes they may need to harvest things, why not make a Scythe? such as Ether reaper (beacuse its blade is so pure) this would also give a comeback to this weapon.

Steel meridian: 2 ideas, Sword and sheild or Hammers (sword and sheild can represent defending the colonies and fighting back or hammer to crush the grineer army) Hammers like Fragor or maybe Magistar and for sword and sheild probably Ack and Brunt.

Feedback? ideas!? comment below!

The enemies of the Perrin Sequende shall meet the fist of Profit!

Exactly what i was thinking lol

For Red Veil i would think of Rakta Fangs or Rakta Dark Dagger/Sword or Rakta Ether Sword, but it would be cool to have Synd melee's.

i can see fangs but dark dagger eh we have a augment already, and when i think of red veil i think of brutal weapons like serrated edges things that when you get hit by it, if you dont die you are in alot of pain

Suda is the hardest. You would need a complete new weapon with the "scanning/science" thingeee/theme.

Yea, until DE makes a *shivers* simulor/gammacore themed melee weapon there isnt really a good one, but i mean plasma sword would be the closest thing (as of now)

Telos Dual Zoren, Rakta Dark Dagger, Vaykor Jat Kittag, Secura Obex, Suda Nami Skyla & Sancti Glaive. It would be great.

How would the Zoren be affiliated with the whole Akbolto/boltor. and the Jat kitty is already strong enough we know DE wont do that lmao

also remember try not to use weapons that have an augment for them

How would the Zoren be affiliated with the whole Akbolto/boltor. and the Jat kitty is already strong enough we know DE wont do that lmao

also remember try not to use weapons that have an augment for them

Telos Galatine if you prefer.

Jat is strong enough yes but Hek is strong enough too and a syndicate version does exist. ;)

Telos Galatine if you prefer.

Jat is strong enough yes but Hek is strong enough too and a syndicate version does exist. ;)

Arbiters shouldn't have the galatine. A new, normal one-handed sword with a crossguard is what the Arbiters should have, based on their motifs.

Interesting choices. I was just thinking about this the other day,  I'm trying to make individual loadouts for each syndicate I actively support (Arbiters, Suda, and Steel Meridian), the problem is there are plenty of primary and secondary weapons that could fit with the personalities of each syndicate but less so with melee weapons.

I like your ideas and reasoning for potential weapons. However, These are some additional ideas for weapons, I hope the feedback helps.

Perrin: Considering their Corpus like nature and style I was thinking of Corpus/energy based weaponry, I noticed you wrote "Obex", which is Corpus personally like that choice, but also Prova and Serro I think would be good.

Red Veil: As you have said, Red Veil has an infested theme. So perhaps, Dual Ichor? Red Veil also has that fire thing going on so maybe Heat Sword(s)/Heat Dagger also Silvia and Aegis?

Arbiters: Arbiters where always my favorite syndicate so I will apologize in advance if I seem biased. To me, Arbiters always had this knight/samurai shtick to them so weapons like Nikana, Galatine, Tonbo, Tipedo, etc. (Tenno themed weapons basically).

Suda: I give up :P. scanning glaive?

Loka: Loka are all about purity right? So... Ok, I give up. The truth is I don't know much about New Loka! Ether themed weapons? I can't think of anything else.

Steel Meridian: Meridian, in my opinion is the easiest of all the syndicates, simply because there are so many Grineer themed melees out there. However, I would like to see the Machete come back!

That's all I've got.

Interesting choices. I was just thinking about this the other day,  I'm trying to make individual loadouts for each syndicate I actively support (Arbiters, Suda, and Steel Meridian), the problem is there are plenty of primary and secondary weapons that could fit with the personalities of each syndicate but less so with melee weapons.

I like your ideas and reasoning for potential weapons. However, These are some additional ideas for weapons, I hope the feedback helps.

Perrin: Considering their Corpus like nature and style I was thinking of Corpus/energy based weaponry, I noticed you wrote "Obex", which is Corpus personally like that choice, but also Prova and Serro I think would be good.

Red Veil: As you have said, Red Veil has an infested theme. So perhaps, Dual Ichor? Red Veil also has that fire thing going on so maybe Heat Sword(s)/Heat Dagger also Silvia and Aegis?

Arbiters: Arbiters where always my favorite syndicate so I will apologize in advance if I seem biased. To me, Arbiters always had this knight/samurai shtick to them so weapons like Nikana, Galatine, Tonbo, Tipedo, etc. (Tenno themed weapons basically).

Suda: I give up :P. scanning glaive?

Loka: Loka are all about purity right? So... Ok, I give up. The truth is I don't know much about New Loka! Ether themed weapons? I can't think of anything else.

Steel Meridian: Meridian, in my opinion is the easiest of all the syndicates, simply because there are so many Grineer themed melees out there. However, I would like to see the Machete come back!

That's all I've got.

Really neat ideas, Im bias with the Perrin sequence but when i think of the perrin i think of just a merchant that may need to defend themself, penta for high prority/war zones, Secura dual for basic all rounders, and Obex would work well for consealment. Serro is neat beacuse it folds. at i really dont want another prova... 

Arbiters they got that bolt/puncture theme goin on but i see your point.

hell maybe a scanning Halikar lmao for suda

as for loka thats why i was thinkin Ether reaper. make a neat scythe and it has that "purity" feel to it

Red veil the ichors could work but i mean would DE make a better Ichor?

but hell i like your ideas

Steel Meridian: Jat Kittag because Grineer Bailiff that we recently helped defect to that very syndicate. He's a melee doorway hero and Jat Kitteh is his signature weapon. 

Arbiters of Hexis: At this point it seems almost guaranteed that they will finish the Boltor family here for thematic accuracy, so I agree we can expect to see a Telos Boltace. 

Cephalon Suda: This is going to be a new weapon if the previous pattern holds true. A couple months or so before syndicate melees come out, they will release a Cephalon melee weapon that does primarily magnetic damage. The weapon will be somewhat difficult to acquire. Then that Cephalon melee will be slightly buffed and given an innate syndicate proc for Suda. That is, if the previous patterns for Cephalon weaponry hold true. 

Perrin Sequence: It's got to be Corpus something, to fit the pattern from previous, but the type of weapon honestly seems to be all over the place. The most likely possible choices would be the Lecta, the Serro or the Prova. I think the Prova is most likely because it's such an iconic Corpus melee weapon. I mean, it is the choice weapon of the legendary John Prodman after all. 

Red Veil: They are a stealth based faction it seems, or so the styling points to, so I expect that they will choose a dagger for Red Veil. The most likely choices would be either the Dark Dagger or the Karyst. Now, the Dark Dagger already has a Red Veil syndicate augment, but that didn't stop them from making a Vaykor Hek either, so I think both of those daggers are a strong possibility. Karyst probably still more likely though. I mean, just look at all that edge. 

New Loka: New Loka's theme seems to be "whatever". Like, the others all seem to be clearly defined. Steel Meridian is Grineer, Perrin is Corpus, etc. But New Loka has no clear theme. That said, I looked through all available current melee weapons, and looking at names and styles, I think the Magistar is a strong possibility, and the Redeemer is a less likely but still possible choice. 

The Magistar I think would fit New Loka's judicious style rather nicely, and Magistar could finally get the buff it really, really has needed for like, a long time time now. The Redeemer I think because of it's wonky mechanics and name alone could make it work -- New Loka seems to like using strange weapons, but I still think Magistar is more likely.

We will see when the time comes how close my guesses were lol.  

I agree with the overall idea of this thread, but I think its pretty obvious that Sephelon needs a completely new weapon. I mean, honestly, the plasma sword doesn't really fit their overall vibe. Its mostly about learning and reverse-engineering; plasma sword just doesn't fit the bill. 

although... if a glaive in the shape of the sephelon sigil... idk... ideas, ideas...

Ah but one thing to remember when it comes to Perrin sequence "Splintered from the corpus" meaning they would probably be a bit rebellious to use their iconic weapon (Prova)

And for the Loka i can see the magistar but have you seen the new loka? they dont really spark smash and smash with large weapon kinda idea in my mind. but like potato said above Ether weapons would work, such as Ether reaper a scythe that would deserve a buff.

still good ideas though

I agree with the overall idea of this thread, but I think its pretty obvious that Sephelon needs a completely new weapon. I mean, honestly, the plasma sword doesn't really fit their overall vibe. Its mostly about learning and reverse-engineering; plasma sword just doesn't fit the bill. 

although... if a glaive in the shape of the sephelon sigil... idk... ideas, ideas...

If the pattern holds you are right and it will be a new weapon. 

Likely it will do pure elemental magnetic dmg to start. I'm sure we will see a brand new Cephalon designed melee weapon a month or two before syndicate melees are released.