Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Auto Sprint Option

(XBOX)JestersShade

Hi!

Now that stamina is gone, I'd really like to have an option to auto sprint.

1 - Because I always sprint

2 - Because it would save 1 button binding (console player) for a feature that isn't useful, since you don't really start / stop sprinting all the time

Thanks!

Edited by (XB1)JestersShade
  • Like 3

So... the option to run all the time, and only walk if the joystick is pushed halfway?

I had a look at the layout of the Xbox Controller. I dunno if this would work though, because on PC anyway, double tapping sprint makes the character roll, and I don't see a dedicated roll button on Xbox. That button probably won't be free anytime soon.

Edited by AlphaSierraMike

So... the option to run all the time, and only walk if the joystick is pushed halfway?

I had a look at the layout of the Xbox Controller. I dunno if this would work though, because on PC anyway, double tapping sprint makes the character roll, and I don't see a dedicated roll button on Xbox. That button probably won't be free anytime soon.

Double tap a direction?

But with joysticks, that's way too easy to pull off accidentally, and will probably get annoying after a while. Maybe with keyboards, yes this would work.

If you had a controller you could just use another button to toggle it on. or use a shoulder button?

Problem is you have to tap that toggle again and again after nearly every action in game. You decided to fire your gun? Tap again. Roll? Tap again. Used ability? Tap again. It gets quite irritating pretty fast if you want/need to maintain high speed.

Precisely!

I found myself tapping this button all the time.

It may have been meaningful when there was stamina but now, an option would be better for us, letting those wanting to take their time to keep an action for sprinting ;)

And again, for console players or PC players with a pad, it would save us 1 button mapping ^^

Keyboard or controller... there should now be an option to let players always run since there's no more stamina. Perhaps it could be that you walk slowly when aiming, walk normal speed while shooting (not aiming), and run full speed when running and not aiming or shooting. It would work the same way it does if you hit shift after shooting... but you would not need to dedicate a key to using it (which is is short supply on a controller)

• 3 weeks later...