Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ds4 Layout Problem

(PSN)KuraiTora-UA

I have a custom layout for my ds4. I put all abilities on d-pad. The problem is in switching left button to default on every restarts of the game. But in setting it still says that left button of d-pad is 3d ability.

I've known a few people that have run into this problem, myself included.  Here is what we did to fix it:

• If you are in the Warframe game, press the PS button on your controller (the round one between the thumbsticks with the PlayStation logo on it) to get to your PlayStation "home screen".
  • On the PlayStation home screen, highlight the Warframe app, and press the OPTIONS button on your controller.
  • In the list of options that pops up on the right side of the screen, choose "Close Application" and press the X button on your controller.
  • Move up to the top row on the home screen (the row that starts with Notifications, Friends, Messages, etc), highlight the Settings option, and press the X button.
  • On the Settings screen, move down and highlight "System Storage Management", and press the X button.
  • On the Systems Storage Management screen, move down and highlight "Application Saved Data" and press the X button.
  • On the Saved Data in System Storage screen, highlight Warframe and press the X button.
  • Now WARFRAME should be the only application listed on the screen--this is your save file for the game.

To verify it's the right file (and not the game itself), under where it says WARFRAME it should say a date, time, and then file size;  the file size should say something close to 10.49 MB

Provided that matches what you're seeing, press the OPTIONS button on the controller, highlight "Delete", and press the X button.

Your save file will be recreated the next time you start playing Warframe (don't worry, all of your Warframes, weapons, and the rest of your inventory will all still be there--those things are stored on DE's servers).  You will need to go and set up your controller options again, as well as any other settings that you customized in the game's options screens.  You should find that the problem with your custom controller setup resetting to default is fixed.  Good luck!

Edited by (PS4)Knightfyre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i have the same problem - i noticed 2 things with it: 

got Power A at R3, after each Reboot of the game the R3 Button becomes the Power B, C or D Button depending which of the 3 i activated first via Hotkey before pressing R3 - wthout it being reflected in the Layout Selection Screen. 

so to fix this i usually change Power A on R3 to Gear Hotkey 8 and then to Power A again and close the Layout Selection Screen, where the Message pops up that i've changed stuff and if i wanna save and all - which i do and have it fixed for the rest of this Reboot-Cycle.

however, in the last time i've noticed something else - if i play a Mission without pressing R3 at all, i have apparently a pretty fat chance of this problem not occuring at all (prolly because of the Server-Client Data Exchange when returning from a Mission) .

right now i wonder if entering and returning from Dojo (which usually "simulates" a Mission-Pass for when a Quest-Step requires you to have something else done before the next Quest-Step initiates, etc.) after each Reboot will do the same for me kinda the soft way - i guess i will go test that. 

(Edit:)  can confirm now - visiting Dojo and returning to Ship after a boot of the Game prevents this issue from occuring entirely for me for a Reboot-Cycle. 

Edited by (PS4)HELLHOUND_ROCKO