Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pur3 Art. (Art Thread) (Updated: 2/10/16)

RagingGrizzly

2NzOuod.jpg

*Foreshadowing* (Fan art from pre-U18)
Mara is a Grineer Heavy Unit that keeps her head down, knowing what could happen if the corpus or even a cell of Tenno invade during her patrol rounds, she values her own life unlike her comrades who know that they're expendable, who know that they can be replaced. She has an unusual hidden desire to explore, to see what many wonders are outside the range of the Grineer Empire and even the system, even though it is impossible for her to do so as she is trapped on Mercury as one of Vor's many bodyguards that were placed here after one of his many assassination attempts. She is unhappy, but she has to live with it if she doesn't want to be thrown away like many before her.

La-Kun is a abandoned Tenno, blind to the eyes of the Lotus, to the Tenno, lost in the oceans of Uranus. He was found by Tyl Regor and was looking forward to dissecting him, until Captain Vor demeaned for custody over the lost Tenno for his research. The Queens reluctantly give permission for Vor to travel to Uranus and retrieve the cryopod and bring it back to Mercury for further testing. The cryopod is put under the supervision of Mara until the correct equipment and be retrieved to crack open the pod. All La-Kun could remember from the time spent outside the cyropod was his name and that he has a debt to repay to someone that saved his live, he doesn't know who it was who saved him. 

Weeks later, the cryopod was opened, and La-Kun escaped and was found by Mara. She was curious about this Tenno after the pod first arrived. He wanted to leave, to escape this ship, to be free. Much like Mara had wanted to do. Seeing as it was her only chance, she explained herself and asked if - with her assistance - fight through and leave the ship. He accepted, he could tell she was sincere. They took a shuttle and escaped, they were left in space, not knowing where to go... but at least they're free...

Updated: 1/15/16

Here's a lore relevant picture :P (I''ll be working on this digitally in the future, just going to be a while... mostly because I'm lazy XD Or then again I might not, idk)
Spoiler

sSIZe6R.jpg

Updated version of the 1/15/16 art. (Colored... Well kind of... and not shaded... :( )

Would've gotten more work done and actually SHADED the picture... but those acolytes tho... I MUST FARM MORE!!! I'll probably finish it in the future. But I guess I'll put it here if you guys wanna see it. :P (Had to shrink it to upload it faster, so the quality may have been affected... :P)
Spoiler

jZhyKL6.png

Updated: 1/19/16

This here is an old picture that I created sometime around the first one somewhere in September of last year.. Just an old headshot of Mara. My drawing style has changed since then, so you're going to see a noticeable difference between this picture and the one I posted on the 16th.
Spoiler

Sketch: yXWkkId.jpg  Her neck was a little longer in this picture, which I fixed in the next one.

Spoiler

An attempt at coloring r1lU6DL.png

Updated: 2/10/16

Happy ValenTenno Day!!!! :P (Hope you like it!)
Spoiler

lopRjoc.png

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Looks great so far. Digital art can be tricky at start but I'm sure you'll get the hang of it sooner or later and give this piece proper finish.

Love the little story as well (even though I'm a sucker for CorpusxTenno, Heavy Gunners still hold a special place in my heart, lol).

<3 :D Thanks, and I'm actually getting better at it.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you planning to draw more of this art? If so, please do because the story is so interesting and I want to know more about Mara and La-Kun! X3

Please continue the story. Please continue the story. Please continue the story. Please continue the story. Please continue the story.

Are you planning to draw more of this art? If so, please do because the story is so interesting and I want to know more about Mara and La-Kun! X3

Please continue the story. Please continue the story. Please continue the story. Please continue the story. Please continue the story.

Dayum. If I must... creative writing is a go! XD

• 3 months later...

If you intend to ship both of them, I wonder if Mara would feel awkward if she discovers the Tenno she's in love with is actually "child". While La-Kun feels frustrated being treated like a child due to his physical appearance, despite he has the mentality of an adult. XD

If you intend to ship both of them, I wonder if Mara would feel awkward if she discovers the Tenno she's in love with is actually "child". While La-Kun feels frustrated being treated like a child due to his physical appearance, despite he has the mentality of an adult. XD

Yeah, I had trouble working around that. The feelings that she may or may not have for him (And vice versa) probably won't just go away when she found that out. Relationship strain and all that. But, we'll see how it goes. :P

this looks so good *A* And the story is rly interesting *hopes to see more of the story*

The story above was when La-Kun didn't know who he really was. I'll probably have to make a more lore relevant story about it later. (Too lazy)

Edited by PUR3K1LL3R

Dang it, I'm loving this already. Whoa. Great job!

I'm just imagining an actual in game quest like you get a distress call from a ship and when you arrive it was a heavy gunner trying to help a rhino, who doesn't realize himself yet! ♥

Stop being lazy! everyone needs more of this!

Dang it, I'm loving this already. Whoa. Great job!

I'm just imagining an actual in game quest like you get a distress call from a ship and when you arrive it was a heavy gunner trying to help a rhino, who doesn't realize himself yet! ♥

Stop being lazy! everyone needs more of this!

Thanks for the feedback, Armorchin! I appreciate it! <3 

I'll try to get off my butt more often. :P

• 2 weeks later...