The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Top 5 Melee Weapons?

Ifeno

Question

It really depends on your playstyle. People need to realize that there is no "best" melee weapon since they're all made for different roles.

(There are "worst" ones, however, that don't excel in any category at all. Machete, for instance.)

For example, Prisma Cleavers and Orthos Prime are both very powerful endgame-viable weapons, but a player who swears by the Orthos Prime would generally avoid the Cleavers like the plague since they don't have ANY of the characteristics that the Orthos Prime is loved for.

There are plenty of endgame-viable melee weapons, though, so you'll probably see people listing off things like Scindo Prime, Dakra Prime, Orthos Prime, Dragon Nikana, Redeemer, Prisma Cleavers, Tipedo, etc. Maybe even things like the Ceramic Dagger (with Covert Lethality) if they're fine with short range.

Edited by SortaRandom

if you like crits and fast hitting, go for the prisma cleavers.

if you like crits and high numbers, go for scindo prime.

if you like dmg and style, go for dragon nikana.

if you like range, go for orthos

if you like crit and range, go for atterax.

my top choice would be prisma cleavers due to the syndicate mod.

if you like crits and fast hitting, go for the prisma cleavers.

if you like crits and high numbers, go for scindo prime.

if you like dmg and style, go for dragon nikana.

if you like range, go for orthos

if you like crit and range, go for atterax.

my top choice would be prisma cleavers due to the syndicate mod.

and if u hate nullifers go for glaive

Orthos P. is may fav,

Galatine or scindo prime are powerfull with awesome stances.

Dragon nikana deals awesome damage and have awesome style.

Glaive to kill from range and to get nullifiers down asap.

if you like swords go for Dakra P.

if you like duak swords go for Dual Ichor, Dual cleavers (prisma is better) Dual Kamas, Dual Raza.

Dual daggers go for Fang P. or Dual Ether daggers.

for lone dagger go for Ceramic dagger (very fast but low damage, still awesome)

for polearm there is Orthos P. and Tonbo.

for staves there is Bo Prime and Tipedo.

the newly released Nunchuk.

there is basicly no "Best" weopon, it depends on your style !! find your style.. find yourself =P

Kinda like everybody said its all opinionated but my personal top 5 n why I like them are:

Dragon Nikana- the fast and heavy hitter for those of us who like rushing a mission. Only like unsheathing a weapon when somebody gets in the way.

Scindo prime- slow and steady wins the race and that's what this weapon does. Swings slow, but hits hard.

Those two are the easy ones this is where it gets sketchy and purely opinionated.

Redeemer- for those nullifier troubles that can kill a Loki without his invisible cloak of armor.

Dual ichors- sometimes even in a game designed around ninjas you just want to go native on your foes. I like them because of the speed, crits, and the innate toxin damage.

Prisma skana- I used to put dakra prime in my top 5, but bright purity n prisma skana just work so well together.

That's my top personal top 5 for now until we get nunchucks, where I feel those might just sneak into my list. Just so I can feel like Mikey from TMNT lol

I don't have a ranking but based on similarities and explanations as to why I like the type...

Dual Swords:

Dual Ichor - Using the Swirling Tiger combo and a Berserker Crit build these can be extremely fast and hit very hard.

Prisma Dual Cleavers - As above, but if you use the Syndicate mod on the cleavers the Justice proc stuns things momentarily and opens them up to finishers (and you know, aoe damage always a plus).

Swords:

Dakra Prime (+Crimson Dervish) -  Hits like a truck and one of the combos on the stance opens enemies to finishers.

Prisma Skana - As above and the Purity effect adds a lot of damage, heals you, and permanently reduces enemy armor.

Polearms:

Orthos Prime - that range

Daggers (single): Two words, covert lethality, enough said.

Sparring (Kogake, & Obex):  One of the stances (Grim Fury I think) has an easy combo that can open enemies up to finishers and the slide attack rag dolls which is amazing for knocking stuff off of consoles in an interception. 

•Lecta has massive range and status proccing, multi-hitting makes the combo multiplier stack quickly

•Atterax is the crit/damage variant

•Ripkas are badass, direct upgrades to Venkas

•Furax does tons of damage on finishers, keeps enemies off their feet, super useful combos

•Dual Cleavers were pretty nuts, they're a straightforward crit/Berserker weapon

•Shotguns are the best melee weapons

Edited by DarkTails

1. Ninkondi with Atlantis Vulcan - Blazing Vortex is nuts.

2. Scindo Prime with Tempo Royale - High mobility, crowd control, and great damage.

3. Galatine with Primed Reach and Cleaving Whirlwind - Spin to win with Broken Bull.

4. Redeemer - Brutal ground finisher that is easy to pull off. Stealth charged attack also does crazy damage.

5. Glaive Prime - Great utility and versatility. Good for killing Nullifiers and healing yourself from a safe distance.

A Serro built for crowd control is amazing, and is really effective at clearing lower level enemies, Infested especially.

Basically, build for Electric and Blast (replace with Gas for more damage), using event mods for maximum status, and add on a Primed Reach. It's amazing, even with it's quick attack.

A Serro built for crowd control is amazing, and is really effective at clearing lower level enemies, Infested especially.

Basically, build for Electric and Blast (replace with Gas for more damage), using event mods for maximum status, and add on a Primed Reach. It's amazing, even with it's quick attack.

How does the attack range compare to Orthos Prime? I know for sure the Tonbo's isn't nearly as good, but the Serro seems pretty big in terms of size.

Umm, I am gonna reply to the original question.

1. Controversial but probably dragon nikana, dual ichors, or orthos prime

2. I don't know. Here's my fav. Channeling build galatine. 

Galatine does not suck, so shut up galatine haters. I know it was a lot better before the melee update, but still. Shut up. 

tumblr_n389g67ObC1rb9a6wo1_250.gif

Umm, I am gonna reply to the original question.

1. Controversial but probably dragon nikana, dual ichors, or orthos prime

2. I don't know. Here's my fav. Channeling build galatine. 

Galatine does not suck, so shut up galatine haters. I know it was a lot better before the melee update, but still. Shut up. 

tumblr_n389g67ObC1rb9a6wo1_250.gif

How are those three weapons controversial? And I don't see any gala haters. X)