Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maybe Diriga Sucks, Not Vulklok

Berserkerkitten

Guys, could you do me a favour and grab any sentinel that isn't Diriga, put a modded Vulklok on him and see if the sentinel still misses all the time? I'm using the Vulklok on a Dethcube right now and it's still super accurate. Granted, I haven't tried it with Heavy Caliber yet, but from what I've seen, most shots seem to hit their target just fine. Starting to wonder if maybe there's something wrong with Diriga and it'd be nice to have confirmation.

Edited by Berserkerkitten

Well there is also the fact diriga shoot at 70m.

And it would be LAME if the sentinel using this weapon as default is being the worst at it.

Hm, didn't think of that. Yeah, Deathcube range is only 30m as opposed to 70, so maybe that's why. Accuracy looks fine there, but I suppose it's not much of a sniper rifle that way.

Hm, didn't think of that. Yeah, Deathcube range is only 30m as opposed to 70, so maybe that's why. Accuracy looks fine there, but I suppose it's not much of a sniper rifle that way.

I can't imagine a sniper not having 100% accuracy.

Seriously that's the worst idea ever. Why not a 100% accuracy shotgun and a sniper without scope.

Accuracy should be tied to the weapon itself only.

What happens is that they made it so it loses most of the accuracy with distance, and Diriga precept having the longest range makes it miss more often, which honestly is... kinda $&*&*#(%&. What's the point to give it a sniper weapon and a precept to hit things far away, if it will never hit?
But then, many sentinels have the same issue as their weapons will hit less if you increase their range, and some are better with an unranked precept to make it so they don't spread shots all over the place, but only shoot at closer targets to make sure they do hit those. It's still silly to have a sniper miss at long ranges (unlike how sniper enemies in the game should work, which hit more at long ranges but less at closer ranges).

If Diriga with the Vulklok would hit things far away but missed things up close instead, it would actually be much better, because Diriga offers defence mechanisms at close range, so the weapon not hitting at close range isn't so bad. However, the CC precept sucks and the weapon itself will proc status more often than the CC. The stunlock precept is good though (Diriga can't fire the weapon while using that ability, so the accuracy at close range kinda of becomes irrelevant when it's using it).

Edited by Sorrow0110

I can't imagine a sniper not having 100% accuracy.

Seriously that's the worst idea ever. Why not a 100% accuracy shotgun and a sniper without scope.

Agree 100%.

Accuracy should be tied to the weapon itself only.

What happens is that they made it so it loses most of the accuracy with distance, and Diriga precept having the longest range makes it miss more often, which honestly is... kinda $&*&*#(%&. What's the point to give it a sniper weapon and a precept to hit things far away, if it will never hit?

Yeah, my mistake. I didn't take attack precept range into consideration. Diriga seems to miss most of his long distance attacks, whereas sentinels like Dethcube never even attack anything beyond 30m. That's not a massive distance, so those shots don't usually miss when you put Vulklok on him. I can see how that defeats its purpose as a "sniper rifle". :(

Edited by Berserkerkitten

One of the changes was that while moving accuracy would diminish, but I find it hard to see any difference between moving and not.

By itself this mechanic makes sense, so i suggest to keep this very bad accuracy while moving and up it to 90% accuracy while not.

Btw I tested dethcube+vulklok but saw no difference in accuracy for any distance less than 30m

Edited by dadaddadada

Well i've been thinking it was vulklok this entire time but i will test with Djinn next, i believe djinn has a 60m range on its attack precept.

EDIT: Its a little of both. The vulklok definitely has accuracy issues of its own but it is exacerbated by dirigas poor aim as well. I tried different weapons on the diriga and it cant seem to acquire or shoot anything properly.

Edited by Skaleek

Guys, could you do me a favour and grab any sentinel that isn't Diriga, put a modded Vulklok on him and see if the sentinel still misses all the time? I'm using the Vulklok on a Dethcube right now and it's still super accurate. Granted, I haven't tried it with Heavy Caliber yet, but from what I've seen, most shots seem to hit their target just fine. Starting to wonder if maybe there's something wrong with Diriga and it'd be nice to have confirmation.

Keep in mind that Deathcube will only start shooting at 30m - Diriga does it at 60 m.

... It shoots a projectile that is NOT hitscan so the Dirigia's giant range makes hitting enemies at max range poor if they're not coming right at you/standing stll. Adding Terminal Velocity mod to the rifle works well.

That's not the problem. A non hitscan weapon can still hit a non moving target. But the vulklok can't.