The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag's Shield Polarize Overused

-N7-Leonhart

Boredom and personal challenge are the reasons I've seen. 

A lot of the 'hardcore' players that do that kind of thing are bored and want a better challenge.  Most of the time that comes from obscene min/maxing and seeing just how far they can push a node with a team set up or specific 'frame. 

If you can get proof that the goal of getting those kinds of kills is to tamper with the market, I will support a Mag change 100% but not if it's just supposition that someone might be doing something, possibly, if you think about it. 

Personally, the 'frame is fine.  It's the game that needs some tweaking to make it more enjoyable to play, provide more of a challenge beyond 'how can I break this map' and get rid of the farming mentality.

Push for those kinds of changes instead of feeding into the symptoms instead of the cause. 

What proof about that could I possibly get? Watch the market for a month then put the results in a graph then compare them with the previous month? It's too late already for slow methods like that.

They aren't doing it for challenge or boredom. If you didn't read all the posts, I will tell you. It's a really low level mission and the way they can go at it for all day long is because they have bots in place. That is mutually exclusive with the words "boredom" and "personal challenge".

What proof about that could I possibly get? Watch the market for a month then put the results in a graph then compare them with the previous month? It's too late already for slow methods like that.

They aren't doing it for challenge or boredom. If you didn't read all the posts, I will tell you. It's a really low level mission and the way they can go at it for all day long is because they have bots in place. That is mutually exclusive with the words "boredom" and "personal challenge".

...ask the players that are making the leaderboards what they're doing and why?

Unless you've done this, neither one of us can say why they're doing it.

...ask the players that are making the leaderboards what they're doing and why?

Unless you've done this, neither one of us can say why they're doing it.

Haha, actually I saw a few of them posting in this thread. They either bashed me mindlessly or modified their posts to say nothing after the trick came to light.

When I started the thread I knew perfectly that this will be the case with 95% of the posts, but of course that did not stopped me. In fact, because I got so much feedback (mostly negative), this thread got very popular very fast, so it's impossible to pass unnoticed at this point. Therefore, I must thank them for their support, I would have not made it all by myself :)

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

One thing I keep noticing lately. So I had a look at the Leaderboards, specifically on the top kills amount for this week.

What I get to see is that the top player has ~1,5 milions kills (yes, for this week ONLY) and the next 3 after him all have over 1 milion kills themselves.

At this point, I already figured it out without even checking. After checking, I confirmed that their most used frame was Mag, and like 95% of their kills were all corpus.

Conclusion: Mag's Shield Polarize is overused. Although everyone cries out loud about Mesa's Pacemaker, that can't be even close to the "one button press, kill them all" that is Shield Polarize. Since this is so overused, maybe adding LoS requirement to it may make everyone less inclined to just sit somewhere and press 2 FTW.

EDIT: With the help of some proactive players that did not think to bash me instantly, I finally cracked this problem open. The exploit is done by players using macros for Mag skills "2" and "1" in missions with unnatural spawn rates. Like this they can effectively never touch the keyboard and get the absolute best results in the game and tons of loot at the same time.

You want the last thing that makes mag stand nerfed?

Because of your kind of people guns and frames started to die. How about instead of nerfing mag even more they buff other frames ?

I think -BM-StormVanguard should go into politics. Man, the way he double talks, backtracks and edits is amazing. LMAO

Bottomline, there is no need to nerf Mag. That was the request and entire topic point to start with, no changing that and back peddling now.

Mag does not need a nerf, the issue is farming bots (and it's only a real issue if you care about the meaningless e-peen leaderboards or buy into the proposal that all of a sudden can't be proven....but it's there, trust him....of market manipulation) and farming bots alone.

OP can try to Slick Willy his way out of this if he wants, but the facts are stubborn.

I suggest we all move along, this isn't the thread any of us are looking for.......

Haha, actually I saw a few of them posting in this thread. They either bashed me mindlessly or modified their posts to say nothing after the trick came to light.

When I started the thread I knew perfectly that this will be the case with 95% of the posts, but of course that did not stopped me. In fact, because I got so much feedback (mostly negative), this thread got very popular very fast, so it's impossible to pass unnoticed at this point. Therefore, I must thank them for their support, I would have not made it all by myself :)

13745451304502.gif

Man, time to spread some salt and watch the crystals grow.

As funny as that prospect sounds, that was not my intention at all. I just saw something wrong (like SSJ3 level of wrong) and pointed it out. I don't really care how they fix it, if they fix only the spawn bug that is fine too, although I feel it will only be short-lived (until they eliminate the problem at the root, that is).

Of course, I knew that all hell will break loose after I start the thread, but at the same time I kinda hoped it will. After all, ignoring a thread it's the best way to nullify it's effects.

The day they nerf Shield Polarize, Mag will be more dead than dead. People probably would use shield Polarize less if it wasn't one of the only skills that is actually useful most of the time (all other 3 are rather or purely situational).

Note: I'm not saying this because of Greedy Mag nerf, I actually agreed with that nerf. I'm saying it because even before that mod even existed, she already needed changes, if not a rework, Shield Polarize was the only thing holding her, but when they added the new units to the void, shield units started being more scarce because the only new corpus units was the nullifiers (which the bubble makes it so you can use them as a nuke until you get rid of it, and by then you can just easily kill them with your weapon), and then the ancient buff made it all even worse.

Edit: The OP should know that not only the first post counts, and that if DE wants to see numbers, they can do it themselves. Actually, they've posted the most used skills before, they don't really need someone to point out that people overuse a single power when people have been pointing out for years that Mag only has 1 useful skill. Later posts by the OP, sadly are disrespectful and poorly disguised as sympathy, which I find really disappointing. It's also disappointing how delusional he is about him making a point just because lots of people replied, that's not how feedback works and if DE can deal with feedback in a profissional way, the post count does not matter, the contents does and every thread should be treated as equal, whether they have plenty of replies or not, because it's a fact that some areas in games that need to be worked on, are the ones that aren't popular at all, and that means those are the ones that will have the least threads and such threads will also have the least replies, and if they aren't popular it only means they need to be worked on, unlike how many think that they should be thrown away.

Edited by Sorrow0110

I just realised : So a low level Mag is mass murdering Corpus at low levels. For one, Resources can't be traded, and 1000 common Tier mods aren't gonna make yu as rich as spamming Sechura....so what's the itch for yu to scratch? The only thing they get out of it that affects other people are.... OH MY GOD LEADERBOARDS. Wow Leaderboards so important?

I just realised : So a low level Mag is mass murdering Corpus at low levels. For one, Resources can't be traded, and 1000 common Tier mods aren't gonna make yu as rich as spamming Sechura....so what's the itch for yu to scratch? The only thing they get out of it that affects other people are.... OH MY GOD LEADERBOARDS. Wow Leaderboards so important?

Don't you make the connection? Common as they may be, mods are fusion material. Killing 200,000 enemies per day basically ensures that you have so many random mods and credits for fusion material that maxing even primed mods would be easy, that while barely lifting a finger. It's not a matter of "if they can", they do just that.

Sechura is irrelevant. You gain mostly credits there and the kill rate is only a fraction of what using the exploit can achieve. Also, you need to work actively for it, not using bots and letting it flow its own course, therefore impossible to keep at it for 24/7.

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

Don't you make the connection? Common as they may be, mods are fusion material. Killing 200,000 enemies per day basically ensures that you have so many random mods and credits for fusion material that maxing even primed mods would be easy, that while barely lifting a finger. It's not a matter of "if they can", they do just that.

Sechura is irrelevant. You gain mostly credits there and the kill rate is only a fraction of what using the exploit can achieve. Also, you need to work actively for it, not using bots and letting it flow its own course, therefore impossible to keep at it for 24/7.

THe one who got 25k kills had 180 common cores which is the same as 36 r5 fusion cores and it's @(*()$ easy to get those cores with botting. So this could very likely influence the max mod market

Edited by Boltwin

Good luck trying to rank Primed mods up with Common junk mods. Using R5 already costs a fortune, and using 1000+ Commons will cost way more as they offer less Fusion energy per mod and that will make the price insanely steep. Plus even if yu sold those mods, yu won't even get anywhere near enough money to fuse to rank 10 anyway. 

"Boo hoo I'm good at this game but no one recognize it because I get so little kill."

"Boo hoo leaderboard doesn't have my name on it even though I played for so long"

Pretty much sums up what OP said. 

I played this game for 1000 hours and didn't even realize leaderboard exists. Now I do, I still couldn't care less. 

I never heard any one talks about those who topped leaderboards. I only heard people talking about Youtubers, cool dudes who write Fan Concepts and stuff, etc aka people contributing to the community.

So to be honest. If you ever get on that leaderboard, I mean, if hell froze over and DE nerfed Mag to your request. No one would cares that you topped it and finally your inflated little ego can be satisfied over an online game. But everyone would cares that you are the one taking their Mag from them.

You are nothing but a cry baby who doesn't get it praise.

Come on man, if Mag was that good you'd see her in Recruit chat every minute but instead, LF> Mesa Trinity Frost.

The issue you have is with the botting. And that alone. Poor Mag never deserves any of this.

Edited by tinyranitar

Good luck trying to rank Primed mods up with Common junk mods. Using R5 already costs a fortune, and using 1000+ Commons will cost way more as they offer less Fusion energy per mod and that will make the price insanely steep. Plus even if yu sold those mods, yu won't even get anywhere near enough money to fuse to rank 10 anyway. 

its about 16k ammo drum for primed mods ;)

did it once...9m credits, totally worth it ^^

This thread just needs to be closed.

Cause...you don't like the attention it gets? Future actions? Christ... she could definitly need a rework.

Shield pola isn't the reason in this case but was jumped on for a definitive reason...you could've litteraly made these kills in a endless survival as well...in ONE endless mission. Does this sound right to you?

Give pull the proto function back (pulling enemys to your feet), buff bullet attractor (eather multitarget or even better->rotate the bullets in the field. Immagine the target becomming a battery dealing ae, beein able to pull it in a crowd!), give crush finisher damage (cause, ya know, they get CRUSHED. Armor should not influence this attack in any way) and do something about shield pola for ***** sake. SP wasn't the reason but evryone here is definitly defending her for this broken overpowered ability.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

THe one who got 25k kills had 180 common cores which is the same as 36 r5 fusion cores and it's @(*()$ easy to get those cores with botting. So this could very likely influence the max mod market

It's actually a lot more than that because you get a fair number of rare and uncommon cores too. He just didn't show the whole list.

I just did a quick test run and after 4,000 kills, I had about 47,000 mission credits without a booster, 36 common cores, 2 rare, and 1 uncommon. According to OP's numbers, people who run bots for a week will get 375 times that amount. We're talking over 17.5 million credits, 750 rare, 375 uncommon (~230 R5), and a whopping 13,500 common cores (equivalent to about 2,570 R5). That's 3,695 R5 worth of fusion energy for a week, or about 7 maxed primed mods. I just tested it, and 300 R5, 250 U5, and 393 C3 are enough to max a primed mod at a cost of ~1.75 million credits. Even at a cost of 2.5 million per mod, your bot farm will still provide all the credits you need for fusion; with a credit booster, you can afford a 5-million credit cost per mod.

Mind you, these numbers exclude all the additional fusion energy that you'll get from other mods (I got 136 mods in total, so we're talking 97 additional common and uncommon mods). Given that credits are very easy to come by and fusion energy is the limiting factor for the max mod market, kill farming will absolutely introduce inflation. With a bot, you don't even have to play to get this amount of credits and fusion energy. Other sellers can't compete with that unless they set up a bot farm themselves... which, as far as I know, is against the rules. I'm not into selling maxed mods, so I don't know how long it takes to farm the fusion energy for them (haven't tracked how long it takes to max mine either). However, I'm pretty sure you can't max 7 primed mods even if you no-life for a week.

It's funny to see how people are ignoring or downplaying these simple facts. Since a few of the posters are bot-farmers themselves, I'm not terribly shocked...

Oh, and I'm pretty sure OP acknowledged that Shield Polarize is not the problem after I pointed out how these numbers are achieved. Frankly, I don't care about his leaderboard complaints, however, his comments about market inflation are pretty valid.

It's actually a lot more than that because you get a fair number of rare and uncommon cores too. He just didn't show the whole list.

I just did a quick test run and after 4,000 kills, I had about 47,000 mission credits without a booster, 36 common cores, 2 rare, and 1 uncommon. According to OP's numbers, people who run bots for a week will get 375 times that amount. We're talking over 17.5 million credits, 750 rare, 375 uncommon (~230 R5), and a whopping 13,500 common cores (equivalent to about 2,570 R5). That's 3,695 R5 worth of fusion energy for a week, or about 7 maxed primed mods. I just tested it, and 300 R5, 250 U5, and 393 C3 are enough to max a primed mod at a cost of ~1.75 million credits. Even at a cost of 2.5 million per mod, your bot farm will still provide all the credits you need for fusion; with a credit booster, you can afford a 5-million credit cost per mod.

Mind you, these numbers exclude all the additional fusion energy that you'll get from other mods (I got 136 mods in total, so we're talking 97 additional common and uncommon mods). Given that credits are very easy to come by and fusion energy is the limiting factor for the max mod market, kill farming will absolutely introduce inflation. With a bot, you don't even have to play to get this amount of credits and fusion energy. Other sellers can't compete with that unless they set up a bot farm themselves... which, as far as I know, is against the rules. I'm not into selling maxed mods, so I don't know how long it takes to farm the fusion energy for them (haven't tracked how long it takes to max mine either). However, I'm pretty sure you can't max 7 primed mods even if you no-life for a week.

It's funny to see how people are ignoring or downplaying these simple facts. Since a few of the posters are bot-farmers themselves, I'm not terribly shocked...

Oh, and I'm pretty sure OP acknowledged that Shield Polarize is not the problem after I pointed out how these numbers are achieved. Frankly, I don't care about his leaderboard complaints, however, his comments about market inflation are pretty valid.

Thanks for giving it a serious thought and yeah, now that I know the exact method they use, SP is not necessarily at fault. Of course, DE will have to fix this exploit somehow and they will probably fix the spawn rates.