The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

@joebuck Question: Does Wf Have Any Cheat Detecting Systems?

-dicht.ThanksFrost-

We all know this feel, and I bet everyone knows this feel. You get accused of aimbotting.

So i joined a DM lobby and as usual I brought my vectis sniper. And I was doing, fantastic, headshots left and right, I was absolutely dominating the game and i was so happy.

Then I get accused of aimbotting, usually it's what? 1 person? No almost the entire lobby told me I was aimbotting. And clearly telling them that I am not they did not listen. And im pretty sure they reported me. Which makes me wonder.

Is there an approiate system to detect cheating an aimbotting, like punkbuster? Or is the anti-cheat system solely dependant on other players reports? It would be nice to know, because lately even before this game I have been getting these complaints despite the fact that in the 14+ years I have been gaming I have never used an aimbot.

Thanks for listening, e7

You get automatically banned for using outside scripts, I believe 

That's pretty much it. If you're in Warframe and playing, you are not hacking, simple as that. Any cheat systems are automatically detected and you're banned before you even get the chance to use them.

By the way, if it's directed to Joe, why not just PM him? Or is this more of a question to ask everyone?

Edited by LazerSkink

You get automatically banned for using outside scripts, I believe 

Scripts are not hacks.

Hacks are memory editors, input controllers...

Modern hacks are really sophisticated systems. They might disable the Warframe anti-cheat and when you won't ever get banned.

Lol, the player who accused you really musn't know Warframe well to throw out hackusations in a game that has one of the strictest anti-cheats.

Source that it is "strictest anti-cheats"?

We all know this feel, and I bet everyone knows this feel. You get accused of aimbotting.

So i joined a DM lobby and as usual I brought my vectis sniper. And I was doing, fantastic, headshots left and right, I was absolutely dominating the game and i was so happy.

Then I get accused of aimbotting, usually it's what? 1 person? No almost the entire lobby told me I was aimbotting. And clearly telling them that I am not they did not listen. And im pretty sure they reported me. Which makes me wonder.

Is there an approiate system to detect cheating an aimbotting, like punkbuster? Or is the anti-cheat system solely dependant on other players reports? It would be nice to know, because lately even before this game I have been getting these complaints despite the fact that in the 14+ years I have been gaming I have never used an aimbot.

Thanks for listening, e7

me too ;_;

Scripts are not hacks.

Modern hacks are really sophisticated systems. They might disable the Warframe anti-cheat and when you won't ever get banned.

Insta-perm ban if you have anything remotely close to being a hacking software running.

Insta-perm ban if you have anything remotely close to being a hacking software running.

There have been obvious hackers in Conclave and there are threads on this subforum with proof of that, so the anti-cheat-system is definitely not infallible. However, I haven't seen any of the guys I've reported in another match after the tickets were closed, so they're probably gone for good now.

Scripts are not hacks.

The last time I googled warframe cheats after a thread like this one, I found a pretty well known cheat site saying they wouldn't be deving a cheat for WF because of how heavily server sided a lot of the game is.  This despite 20+ pages of people asking for a cheat.  Most of the cheats any search comes up with look like pretty obvious scams.

Warframe has easily has done the best job of discouraging cheaters of any game I've ever seen.

Edited by Aggh

The last time I googled warframe cheats after a thread like this one, I found a pretty well known cheat site saying they wouldn't be deving a cheat for WF because of how heavily server sided a lot of the game is.  This despite 20+ pages of people asking for a cheat.  Most of the cheats any search comes up with look like pretty obvious scams.

Warframe has easily has done the best job of discouraging cheaters of any game I've ever seen.

The game is actually much more client side then server. Not sure what web site you look but they probably asked for PvE cheat like drops cheat or energy cheat. There is no point in aim hack in PvE.

Also free cheats are never good. There are paid expensive ones that are far more rare but extremely hard to detect.

The game is actually much more client side then server. Not sure what web site you look but they probably asked for PvE cheat like drops cheat or energy cheat. There is no point in aim hack in PvE.

Also free cheats are never good. There are paid expensive ones that are far more rare but extremely hard to detect.

Try looking for them.  None of the usual sites have any VIP hacks for warframe.  I spent a lot of time working with PWE to ban cheaters in BLR (some people were dumb enough to post some of the sites' public forums with the same ign as in game; most of the time you'll see their admins advertising by hacking in game too which has never happened in warframe)  so it's not like I don't know where to look.

Try looking for them.  None of the usual sites have any VIP hacks for warframe.  I spent a lot of time working with PWE to ban cheaters in BLR (some people were dumb enough to post some of the sites' public forums with the same ign as in game; most of the time you'll see their admins advertising by hacking in game too which has never happened in warframe)  so it's not like I don't know where to look.

Have you checked Chinese websites? They have plenty of paid hacks.

In fact one of the simplest hacks is really easy to do in Warframe - lagswitch. If you ever played with a bad host you might even noticed the effects of lags. Enemies become stationary and really easy to target. Once connection reestablishes they will receive all the damage you dealt on your side.

This should pretty much sum up what those people are experiencing while calling you a haxzorz.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect

If you don't search in Chinese or Russian, then you're not covering a huge chunk of the hacking and player base.

Have you checked Chinese websites? They have plenty of paid hacks.

In fact one of the simplest hacks is really easy to do in Warframe - lagswitch. If you ever played with a bad host you might even noticed the effects of lags. Enemies become stationary and really easy to target. Once connection reestablishes they will receive all the damage you dealt on your side.

This method is a guaranteed ban. My friend joined a game like that. Banned after 2 hours. He got his account back since he didnt do anything.

So yeah. Its a guaranteed ban.

If you don't search in Chinese or Russian, then you're not covering a huge chunk of the hacking and player base.

They'd be all over the various cheat forums if they were out there; they're not the kind of thing that stays a secret, especially since the user base of various cheat websites have lots of crossover.

This method is a guaranteed ban. My friend joined a game like that. Banned after 2 hours. He got his account back since he didnt do anything.

So yeah. Its a guaranteed ban.

What was this game? PvP? What was the evidence? Because I'm pretty sure it is possible just to set your region to the other side of the world, set ping unlimited and join game. You will have lags that will give you advantage.

What was this game? PvP? What was the evidence? Because I'm pretty sure it is possible just to set your region to the other side of the world, set ping unlimited and join game. You will have lags that will give you advantage.

It wasnt a PvP game. It was way back the Xini times(corpus Xini). As far as i understood, game was so laggy the mobs werent aware of his existence. He said he was backstabbing mobs left and right and after that game he got banned for cheating. Turns out his squadmates were the ones who pulled that. His ban got lifted since he wasnt the one who did it. He joined a random pub. Back then there were hacks like getting thousands of materials etc. Not sure but there were hacks like that.

Guest Pun-chee

Well we (one friend wrote me he found his first cheater in Conclave and I joined to capture it) recorded an obvious speedhacker. The video evidence is clear, he wasn't lagging (teleports) he actually moved that fast that he needed 3-4 attempts to grab an energy orb, no frame skips.

I'd say it looked like a cheap Cheat Engine hack. Sooo, basically everybody would be able to do that...

I get accused roughly once a week. Most of the times I message them privately and things hopefully get sorted out.

Edited by Punchee

No, you'll have lag that will give you wildly inconsistent hit resolution that will get you killed more often than not.  Lag as an advantage is a myth aside from controlled instances like lag switches/speed hacks.