Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Removing Elemental Mods

DimosZargarda

Hey guys, was wondering what you think about removing elemental dmg mods? Like most of us, I like to mod my weapons, but those elemental mods simply take too much space, so much that it gets really hard to experiment with all the mods you have.

Having that said, I am experimenting alot, trying to use all kind of mods instead of elemental ones, I am just not sure how effective that is, which brings us to the point of this thread: Is it possible to take nearly any weapon, and make it usefull without using elemental mods?

Elemental mods should adjust damage to that element, yes.  Removal of elements is the wrong way to go about it though.

Removing serration and the like entirely is the right move.  I'm not so sure raising damage with rank is necessary, since just crunching enemy levels and the rate of scaling appropriately would accomplish similar effects without rendering early content lobotomized gold fish easy.  Actually progression is realized through new weapons, frames, and mods.  What's the difference between dealing 10 damage per shot to something with 100 health, and 1000 damage per shot to something with 10000 health?  What's the difference between 10 damage per shot to something with 100 health and armor so ultimately 6-7 damage per shot, but there's a chance to strip away 25 armor with each shot?  The former is square 1 for eternity - that's what upscaling stats accomplishes.  The latter offers a different approach and causes players to consider a variety of variables in their builds.

As well as that, most of our mods are unimaginative and straight percentile boosts.  Nothing like a fresh reload provides this effect/benefit, or a magazine on reload turns into a thrown bomb with damage dependent on the ammo remaining within (and consumes the ammo.)  Bullets that ricochet into a nearby target when they miss a target, or ricochet to additional targets when they hit a target.  Even their currently proposed "fix" to multi-shot essentially turns it into a RoF mod, not something that provides solely it's current secondary perk - additional chances per bullet spent for a critical hit or status proc.

DE is actually quite clever regarding Warframe mods - there's TONS of utility there.  But weapons feel fairly lacking and straight forward.  It's actually darn hard to make a utility build with a weapon that doesn't feel like just shoving the weapon equivalent of intruder or warm coat into some slots.

Edited by Littleman88

Are there even eight utility mods that would be worth using on the majority of weapons

No, but don't go expecting nerf-beggars to realize this. I really see no appeal in integrating all the worthwhile mods into weapon progression.  What goes in their place? Why are we guiding the game in a direction where leaving empty spaces and unused points might be beneficial for weapons?