Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

As An Online Game, Why Not Auction House?

a1156355576

They teasered it awhile ago. Just wait.

you mean when they said it was a route they didn't want to go down? yeah just wait for nothing. 

as for OP, i'd suggest reading some of the larger threads about auction houses if you want to know the reasons for and against that kind of system. 

you mean when they said it was a route they didn't want to go down? yeah just wait for nothing. 

as for OP, i'd suggest reading some of the larger threads about auction houses if you want to know the reasons for and against that kind of system. 

No, back, way, way back, when they were originally teasering relays. I haven't been keeping up with streams as of late, but this one was between 20-30 I think.

I much prefer the current way of trading over a AH it creates faceless merchants with no chance to barter and get good deals. For example I traded a spare Ash Bp for systems, chassis and helm which I then sold the set for 275p that gets diminished with a auction house.

It is a good idea but some people can only see the worst examples of it on other games.

no ive played many mmo's and i dont like the systems in all mmos because it removes the social aspect of trading and also makes it so you cant sell anything faster with effort than somone else who just says yolo ile use the auto button

People are so scared. You probably dont even know how a controled economy can be.

Look, if there was a way to change credits for platinum, then clearly the economy would CRASH.

But if the auction house is restricted to only platinum, its only platinum what flows around along with prime parts.

Its up to DE to do this, and im pretty sure they wont allow corrupted bastards to manipulate the economy. If they add limits and renstrictions, most problems can be avoided.

I suggest to all of you and DE to take a look at Guild Wars 2 Auction house system, its one of the best i have ever seen, and there is no absolute way to trash it.

as its been said already, while adding a proper market board would diminish the social interaction level to get that last part you're missing for that prime item you want, you'd be cutting the profit from plat sales for DE since the value of those extra lex prime barrels you have from 5 plat to 1 and would likely affect anything under 100 plat whereas anything over 100 would likely instead be controlled by players who would attempt to if not successfully manipulate the prices of these items to make sure they never dropped below a certain point if not inflate the price to such obscure levels.

the system would need a new currency otherwise the damage to plat would be catastrophic. and that would bring up the question of how this new currency would be acquired, and if the currency is acquired by trading in mods, prime parts and special weapons, it makes it abundantly unfair newer players since veterans would just trade in the thousands of sentinel ability mods they have that new players don't. and that's also not going into how biased this would be for trading in special weapons for currency considering higher mastery level players have a higher rep cap per day.

TLDR, too many downsides to feed people's lazyness and there would be a need for a new currency that would need to be designed to not favor veterans

Bidding wars are bad for everyone but the sellers. Undercutting the competition could also get out of hand enough to be bad FOR the sellers. As much as I would like to see a secondary marketplace where I could just post what I am selling, set a price, and let the plat come in when it will, the pitfalls of both systems are too great to be ignored. You think price fixing in trade chat is bad? See what an organized group with an agenda can do to both an auction house and a marketplace. No, I'll keep the somewhat broken mess we have, at least it works most of the time.