Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Would You Consider Warframe A Better Version Of Destiny?

Institute-Marksman

There is actually one thing what I can say about Destiny being better than Warframe.

IT actually has LORE what doesn't have Black hole sized holes in it.

I'm pretty much convinced that you interpret everything and anything wildly off compared to normal people.

Destiny has almost no lore in-game. You have to collect and read cards on the website in order to get a tiny glimpse into lore. Most of the lore is concentrated in the $$ paid DLC.

Warframe came first. Destiny's Alpha was better than Warframe's Closed Beta. Destiny's Beta/release was/is much worse than the current Open Beta Warframe.

Destiny and warframe are two different games.

Destiny would be good if they made a decent and rewarding loot system without the rediclously priced DLC. To me destiny is a very visually appealing game with a unique art style which i love but the gameplay is really poor and unrewarding.

Warframe has some really weird asthetics but in some other way they're pretty nice, i dont like a lot of the enemy designs such a the grineer since they seem a bit disproportional. Warframe has some fantastic lore but the game itself gets really repetitive.

To me you're comparing apples and bananas here.. they just aint the same. 

Not comparable really...

Destiny is Destiny. More shooter than MMO and the narrative hugs the rails hard. Warframe will outlive it.

Warframe is Warframe. Well balanced between shooter and MMO for the hybrid that it is.. Not enough quests being added fast enough. Game could support a sandbox experience and narrative with little work but DE has not implemented this (but could and should). One could argue that there's no money in it, but there's always money in retention. Warframe will never have Destiny's production value, but could easily out earn it long term.

Both groups could probably have stood to learn something from the other, tbh, but in different ways.

Neither has anywhere close to the amount of narrative needed to make a game of this type not be little more than a basic skinner box exercise in pretty gift wrap.

Frankly, I'll be more interested in seeing what Mass Effect's next game and multi-player looks like since ME3's had the potential to trump them all if more development muscle and iteration had been put into its' co-op.

Likewise, MG:O with the huge single player experience and competitive multi-player (and hopefully co-op) incoming. Not entirely sure how this MG game will work but it's supposed to be Hideo Kojima's opus for the MG series, so one hopes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXa2KpdxNLk

Note: This isn't my video, but it is interesting to point out at 4:16.

At least DE brings what they promise in their trailers. Even though it's kind of unfair, since they talk about it in their Devstreams and sometimes PrimeTimes. Community also datamine the game for sneak peeks of stuff for the rest of us to interpret. But generally it's there.

Edited by VoidWraith

Destiny was released for 60 dollars and took about a year-ish to actually even be interesting, and now requires dlc that costs up to 50(i think?) dollars in total. Also, its only factor that will keep you playing past the story missions is PvP or looking forward to the next dlc. It also has a story so vague I've heard plenty of people say "you don't play Destiny for the story". 

Warframe has been free since its release and was good from the start (lacking a bit maybe, maybe) but has only skyrocketed in quality since its release and is continuing to do so, has plenty of PvE content (that is updated for free), a PvP system (no thoughts on this, I don't like PvP), and everything in game is obtainable for free. Did I mention free? 600+ hours of playtime(personally), for free, and I'm not even done with all the things I want to do.

I have hundreds of hours into both games. Sure, they have many differences but at their cores, they are very similar. Get new loot, explore the planets, kill lots of things. Syndicates, factions; Baro, Xur; relays, tower; Lisets, ships...lots of similarites.

The differences are what makes me stay with Warframe, though, whereas I've dropped Destiny and won't be doing TTK anytime soon. I love DE as a company and there is just something more...well, punk rock about Warframe. With Destiny, it's more like a commercial "alternative" rock station. I dunno if that comparison makes sense to any of you but it's the best I could come up with.

It's hard to compare, but why I think Warframe is an overall better experience is that it doesn't charge you 60$ and promise it's a full game and then start selling you "DLC" that was already "on the disc" (meaning you already had those files in your game when you bought it, but couldn't access it since they blocked it off) or was cut off from the main game to sell it to you later. Now that they came out with a big DLC you pretty much "rebuy" the game in a sense if you want to properly play it. That's just unacceptable. They also had a really floppy start since their lead writer quit (along the lines of that), so all of the story had to be trashed and they had to throw something together to launch the game. Which I wouldn't blame them for if they would have been upfront about it.

Destiny is pretty looking. but warframe is hands down a funner game to play. My friends left warframe for destiny so I got it and all the expansion junk. Most of the guns feel the same in destiny. And I play it maybe an hour a month and only because I used some redbull promo codes.

One thing destiny has going is it has a story. The warframe lore seems to get worse with every tidbit we get from a sanctuary scan. The warframe loading screen with the liset is a copy of destiny and that's tragic. Any similarity I find in warframe makes me cringe.

If destiny was a 3rd person shooter I probably would like it.

Warframe is my favorite game. Maybe ever.

There is actually one thing what I can say about Destiny being better than Warframe.

IT actually has LORE what doesn't have Black hole sized holes in it.

Are you high? Destiny's so called lore is half baked becuase either they couldn't afford to make or becuase they were to lazy to. Warframe purposely doesnt tell us much about the universe to make us try and figure it out and many people like it that way. By the way DE is droppng a lore nuke in U18.

Destiny is pretty looking. but warframe is hands down a funner game to play. My friends left warframe for destiny so I got it and all the expansion junk. Most of the guns feel the same in destiny. And I play it maybe an hour a month and only because I used some redbull promo codes.

One thing destiny has going is it has a story. The warframe lore seems to get worse with every tidbit we get from a sanctuary scan. The warframe loading screen with the liset is a copy of destiny and that's tragic. Any similarity I find in warframe makes me cringe.

If destiny was a 3rd person shooter I probably would like it.

Warframe is my favorite game. Maybe ever.

Warfare's had that loading screen before Destiny existed. :(

In destiny there is so little lore that a quarter through the campaign we still know nothing, then when you finally ask someone they say "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain." :(

Warframe>Destiny.Ive played the demo for destiny and it was fun but not like warframe.I have to admit that destiny has better PvP.

Destiny's PVP is garbage there are maybe two different viable guns and thats it.

Destiny's PVP is garbage there are maybe two different viable guns and thats it.

Tried it and it was awful.

With Warframe you at least have a chance against OP guns in PvP in Destiny your dead.

In destiny there is so little lore that a quarter through the campaign we still know nothing, then when you finally ask someone they say "I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain." :(

story not lore. And don't make me defend destiny it's a crappy game. but I have been playing warframe for as long as the ps4 has been out and watch the YouTube of it from the beginning. The loading stuff used to be artwork not the stupid spaceships.

story not lore. And don't make me defend destiny it's a crappy game. but I have been playing warframe for as long as the ps4 has been out and watch the YouTube of it from the beginning. The loading stuff used to be artwork not the stupid spaceships.