Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kopesh: Relic Of Egypt [Ability Update Soon]

Oomatu

Let's see:

•Slash damage based skills

•Cool art

You used the only two things people care about when it comes to concepts so I predict this will be a popular idea lol. Every time someone has brought up a great Mummy/Egyptian theme frame it got ignored because of the lack of art, so maybe this time the theme will get focused on.

I'd go with armor/hp and make the frame melee-friendly like some kind of undead mummy warrior, but a wazir variant like this sounds cool too.

I've designed syndicate warframe helmets, a PrimeTime concept of the week

I ran a thread where I did concept art for the first 10 people to respond (the famous Morec0 being one)

My first concept was the Jaga Wingblades, a utility/movement melee weapon.

The Mantakmanta splitting sidearm... both single and duel pistols

I did a design for Malo the mask warframe, my second PrimeTime feature.

Honestly... this is one of my first warframe creations that was entirely my idea.

I don't think there's anything lesser about the other ideas you've mentioned. They all sound legit.

After all, every concept a player comes up with (even if it is all our idea), is a fan-work created for an existing game. We're all borrowers in that way. All fans.

Thanks.

You know... with the art of it now I almost think his 2 is a little too much like an augment for his one...

His first ability is grabbing a single enemy, using it as a shield, and then turning it into a projectile.

His second it doing direct damage to a row/tight group of enemies, and shredding them from the inside out.

I don't really see how they are that much similar, but I guess if you REALLY thought about it, yeah kinda.

His first ability is grabbing a single enemy, using it as a shield, and then turning it into a projectile.

His second it doing direct damage to a row/tight group of enemies, and shredding them from the inside out.

I don't really see how they are that much similar, but I guess if you REALLY thought about it, yeah kinda.

Mostly from a kind of visual and mechanic perspective, sure the 1 allows you do move the guy around but 2 incapacitates everyone in a straight line (the secondary function of 1) with less push of a button and deals seemingly A LOT more damage.

Sure 1 has the added bonus of a potential meatshield, but that just means the range will likely have to be much shorter on it than 2 for it to be any kind of effective. Overall 2 just feels like a better version of it.

But, yeah, maybe I am just overthinking it. If I had to make a suggestion for one I would make it a quick-cast ability (able to move and whatnot) that infuses the target with damaging sand when targeting enemies (maybe up to a certain cap on targets) and if cast while you have no target it cause all currently-infuses enemies to rupture in slash-procing blasts of sand and gore? EXTRA damage if the target is killed by the effect.

This may overlap with 3 a bit, but it does so, as I see it, in less of a bottlenecking way. With it's longer range and lower energy cost, 2 will be good for Corpus/Grineer who tend to hide behind boxes and walls in small groups, while 3, with its much-more-traplike nature, would be good against the swarming infested who will be trying to get close to you anyway in large numbers.

Mostly from a kind of visual and mechanic perspective, sure the 1 allows you do move the guy around but 2 incapacitates everyone in a straight line (the secondary function of 1) with less push of a button and deals seemingly A LOT more damage.

Sure 1 has the added bonus of a potential meatshield, but that just means the range will likely have to be much shorter on it than 2 for it to be any kind of effective. Overall 2 just feels like a better version of it.

But, yeah, maybe I am just overthinking it. If I had to make a suggestion for one I would make it a quick-cast ability (able to move and whatnot) that infuses the target with damaging sand when targeting enemies (maybe up to a certain cap on targets) and if cast while you have no target it cause all currently-infuses enemies to rupture in slash-procing blasts of sand and gore? EXTRA damage if the target is killed by the effect.

This may overlap with 3 a bit, but it does so, as I see it, in less of a bottlenecking way. With it's longer range and lower energy cost, 2 will be good for Corpus/Grineer who tend to hide behind boxes and walls in small groups, while 3, with its much-more-traplike nature, would be good against the swarming infested who will be trying to get close to you anyway in large numbers.

Hmmm. I like this. I might have to toy with it a bit, but the concept seems solid. Expect an ability update soon.

Hmmm. I like this. I might have to toy with it a bit, but the concept seems solid. Expect an ability update soon.

Coolio.

The only hiccup there might be that it may be a bit TOO technical... maybe just a simple sort of one-note timebomb mechanic? Cast... wait... damage/LOTS of damage if-it-kills? Though that DOES take away some of the control my more complicated example provides.

Edited by Morec0

I would love to see this Warframe be implemented, though just as a suggestion; if it is implemented, could you also include an alternate helmet that is Anubis-esque? Also I would love to see a Warframe-style Khopesh, as well as a twin Khopesh or Khopesh/Karyst combo.

I would love to see this Warframe be implemented, though just as a suggestion; if it is implemented, could you also include an alternate helmet that is Anubis-esque? Also I would love to see a Warframe-style Khopesh, as well as a twin Khopesh or Khopesh/Karyst combo.

I thought about an Anubis style face, but I wanted to keep a more human aspect too it... hence the goatee. I did use an Anubis style "hood" tho.

Coolio.

The only hiccup there might be that it may be a bit TOO technical... maybe just a simple sort of one-note timebomb mechanic? Cast... wait... damage/LOTS of damage if-it-kills? Though that DOES take away some of the control my more complicated example provides.

Hmm. My power theme is using sand to do gorey things to people. If you think that I should combine power one and two INTO two and create an all new one, this opens up new possibilities!. Thank you all-wise Morec0

EDIT: or keep the existing first power and add the 'splat' effect from the second.... then make a new second ability.

Edited by Oomatu

Hmm. My power theme is using sand to do gorey things to people. If you think that I should combine power one and two INTO two and create an all new one, this opens up new possibilities!. Thank you all-wise Morec0

EDIT: or keep the existing first power and add the 'splat' effect from the second.... then make a new second ability.

That actually sounds like a great idea! First-press: pick guy up, move around; Second-press: splatterhouse him and all enemies in a line behind him.

Whether that's to remain the first power or get moved to the second, though, I couldn't say... Can't think of what would replace it either.

... but parents aren't suppose to have a child.

There's one for the Philosophy books.

please DE respect other nations and make Egypt-frame or at least made 1 frame that is attached to the civilization that others stole its treasures and put it on their museums as discovery trophies! 

is it the shame of guilty and feel that others will not like it!

hell no look at YU-GI-Oh! at its peak 4 seasons and more and it all depends on Egyptian history and game card of Egypt! LOL!

who the hell didst like the mystery of the 1st civilization on earth! i see no fingers up! So..........i know you want us to be patient but time of waiting End now you have full package of Greek war-frames so give us a chance and see.

Reworking Maelstrom too? Hmm...

Well, for the second ability, how about one that surrounds a target in a sandstorm of Slash damage - not hurting them but dealing damage to any enemies around them.

Could call it... Scimitar Flurry 

As for Maelstrom, how about Kopesh creates this flurry of twisting and churning sand directly infront of him, using the ability again will then send the sand slowly in a straight line across the field, ignoring terrain, to deal Slash damage and apply the Slash proc to all enemies it comes in contact with.