Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Makes The Game More Challenging?

Arneld

1.What makes the game more challenging?

and

2.what will make game more challenging if added/improved?

Here's a list for a little help, if you need.

- Strategy : Combination of warframe by mission, camping, weapon modding etc.

- Stealth : Kill enemy without alerting, kill by one hit. -- current reward : affinity bonus.

- Parkour : Currently, doesn't effect to 'core' of mission.

- Aiming : Weak point of enemies, limited deal points etc.

and maybe more.

I think Stealth is the very challenging content in warframe.

Its limited actions, high tension, low AI :P

Edited by Arneld

At the moment:

Low levels enemies get killed too easy with warframe abilities. Easy

High level enemies kill players quickly with overpowered rockets/snipers or overwhelming odds. Hard

It would be great if Warframe had a bit more complex algorithm to match the players that joined. Something that adjusts enemy DPS and health pool to match current players then tease them with a bit extra every now and then.

Just give enemies the Director AI treatment

Edit: To answer your questions

1. Currently, the early game is the hardest (lack of mods, lack of resources, lack of good weapons, lack of proper tutorial). Next to that is broken scaling, making bullet sponges that shoot .50 rounds.

2. Prioritizing AI building will make enemies harder to deal with. More enemies diversion/strategy = more difficulty.

Edited by p3z1

At the moment:

Low levels enemies get killed too easy with warframe abilities. Easy

High level enemies kill players quickly with overpowered rockets/snipers or overwhelming odds. Hard

It would be great if Warframe had a bit more complex algorithm to match the players that joined. Something that adjusts enemy DPS and health pool to match current players then tease them with a bit extra every now and then.

Try again as a noob, the game is pretty challenging at the beginner level and playing strictly solo.

Just give enemies the Director AI treatment

Edit: To answer your questions

1. Currently, the early game is the hardest (lack of mods, lack of resources, lack of good weapons, lack of proper tutorial). Next to that is broken scaling, making bullet sponges that shoot .50 rounds.

2. Prioritizing AI building will make enemies harder to deal with. More enemies diversion/strategy = more difficulty.

So we need, decreased damage difference by level scale + increased A.I. to gain global difficulty ?

Edited by Arneld

Making A.I. sets to fulfill "roles".
Say, you have Vanguard AI. They're at the front, throwing lead/lasers down range to give the people behind them a chance.
You've got Berserkers, they run faster and try to close the gap between you and them. 
You've got Rear Guard, they bring up the rear with longer range, more accuracy, and/or faster flying projectiles.
You've got Flankers, they break off and try to flank, obviously.
Ambush; try to surprise.
Guerrilla, they surprise, throw out as much damage as they can in initial conflict, then try to escape.
Patrols, they walk around and are always on alert, or are more perceptive. If they see someone die, or see someone go flying from an arrow, they are quick to throw up the alarm and lock down the tile.

Each unit class (Trooper, seeker, elite crewman) can have multiple AI "roles" set to them, and each individual unit spawns with a random one of these roles, or in squads with specific compositions of AI types.

1.What makes the game more challenging?

and

2.what will make game more challenging if added/improved?

Here's a list for a little help, if you need.

- Strategy : Combination of warframe by mission, camping, weapon modding etc.

- Stealth : Kill enemy without alerting, kill by one hit. -- current reward : affinity bonus.

- Parkour : Currently, doesn't effect to 'core' of mission.

- Aiming : Weak point of enemies, limited deal points etc.

and maybe more.

I think Stealth is the very challenging content in warframe.

Its limited actions, high tension, low AI :P

Lots of Bursas and Hyenas.

The game is already challenging- for new players that is, some players despite being MR20 don't really know how to mod still for end game, or are even aware of the existence of corrupt mods.

They need to make the learning curve easier for new players and really hold their hand because it seems no one reads the Codex for information or the information there isn't thorough enough that I feel like some of these players have some type of learning disability or something.

All and all warframe is challenging but it lacks the end game or rather high-end game since I kind of saw a glimpse of what's coming that will make end game feel like mid game.

Yeah I believe a lot of it has to do with the actual A.I. You can buff stats of the mobs but it becomes more annoying than challenging. Giving them actual roles that they have to do or even creating new mobs that alter events, like maybe stealth mobs that only activates to disrupt when a player is downed and is being revived.

Lots of comment with AI

Well, we have to either nerf skills or Flow mod with AI enhancing + enemy health/damage re-scaling , cuz current skill spamming is so powerful that enemies can't get a chance to attack

Edited by Arneld