Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Sarana- The Forgotten Redeemer

xX_MAG_Xx

Sarana, the Forgotten redeemer.

She takes down her foes in rapid succesion whilst preparing her devestating final.

Abilities:

Passive: Tiration

When Sarana damages an enemy for 5% of it's health, it gets marked with Tiration, which will be usefull in her 3d and 4th ability. Tiration that is added with this methode will wear off in 10 seconds if the affected target isn't attacked by Sarana within that period. Tiration added with the 1st, 2nd or 3d ability will never wear off.

Tiration also slows enemies a tiny bit and has a very small damage over time effect which ignores armor

1. Mortise

Sarana's first ability, Mortise, is a toggled ability. When active, it creates a rope whenever she uses any form of channeling parcour (wall latch, wall run, etc.) except aimglide. This rope costs 1 energy per parcour action. The rope attaches to the place where the parcour action starts, and where it ends. When an enemy hits the rope, it deals damage and wraps itself around the enemy, immobilizing him for a short period. The ropes also tag Tiration

Notes:

- Mortises ropes snap when an ally walks through it

- Mortises ropes can only damage 1 enemy and doesn't affect enemies that are tagged with Tiration

- Mortise grants more movement speed while active

- Useable parcour actions are: Wall Jump, Wall Latch, Bullet Jump, Double Jump

- Mortise also has some extra use, which will be added later on to the ability itself.

2. Redeemers Dash

Sarana's second ability is Redeemers Dash. When cast, she dashes to the first opponent in sight, and kicks the target. This stuns the target, damaging him, and tagging him with Tiration. The ability can be cast again 2 times after the innitional cast (without energy cost) to attack 2 other targets with the same effect.

Notes:

- Redeemers Dash can only be cast when an enemy is in sight

- Redeemers Dash can also be cast on an ally to dash to THEM

- Redeemers Dash will always dash to the enemy that's nearest to your cursor

- Redeemers Dash has a small chance of immobilizing an enemy that is hit.

3. Trynomogy

Sarana's third ability is Trynomogy. Trynomogy is a very special ability. When Trynomogy is activated, there are two things that can happen. When there are no enemies nearby that are marked with Tiration, 3 enemies will be marked with Tiration, stunned, and damage enemies nearby. When there are enemies nearby with Tiration, they connect, making them very vulnerable. When the link is broken by killing one of the marked enemies, every enemy within the link will get a portion of damage, equal to 1/2 of the health that the activator has. They also get marked with Tiration.

Notes:

- Trynomogy's second use will link every enemy that is marked, so it has infinite capacity

- Trynomogy's first use will also stun the marked enemies for a brief period

- Trynomogy's second use will also damage the linked enemies with the full health of the activator

- Trynomogy can't be cast in mid-air

4. Tiration Excercism

Sarana's ultimate is Tiration Excercism. This ability immobilizes Sarana for 4 seconds. After that, every enemy marked with Tiration gets struck with tremendous amounts of damage. This varies to how many enemies were marked.

Notes:

- Tiration Excercism has infinite range. It litteraly damages EVERY tagged enemy, even if they are on the other side of the map.

- Tiration Excercism's cast animation does NOT make you invulnerable, so use it with caution

- Tiration Excercism grants a slow effect on every enemy affected

Sarana is a dangerous enemy to have, and a great ally to stand together with. Don't waste a single moment, Tenno.

Artwork might come out later, if this topic gets enough views and comments.

Tell me below what you guys think, and if you have any ideas for a better ability or how she'll look =D

Edited by xX_MAG_Xx

Hey, i like it and have a few alternate ideas if you dont mind. Not doing a 'my way is better', just mussing.

Abilities:

(Removing passive to feature in ability 1, moving ability 1 to feature in ability 3

1. Mortise

Sarana's first ability, Mortise, is a toggled ability. When active, enemies damaged by Sarana or who enter a radius around her get marked with Tiration. Enemies marked take increased damage. (strength increases damage increase, range effects close radius)

2. Redeemers Dash

Sarana's second ability is Redeemers Dash. When cast, she dashes to the first opponent in sight, kicking the target and backflipping. This ragdoll launches a small distance and damages the target. Enemies hit by the enemy are knocked down and damaged for 50% original damage (this counts as damage for marking). Already marked enemies take double damage and the mark is removed. (strength effects damage, continuity effect dash range, range effects ragdoll distance.)

3. Trynomogy

Sarana's third ability is Trynomogy. On activation marked enemies have a rope attached to a single nearby enemy. All enemies connected  take 80% damage that any other enemy takes. Should the enemies move out of range with an attached enemy the cord snaps and dmages and stuns the enemy in question. Enemies who have no nearby enemies receive the snap effect on cast. Unmarked enemies who cross the rope are marked, but dont gain a rope during the abilities duration. (strength effects shared damage %, range effects max snap distance.)

4. Tiration Excercism

Sarana's ultimate is Tiration Excercism. This ability immobilizes Sarana for 10 seconds (Cancleable). During the casting every enemy marked with Tiration gets struck with bolts of damage once per second. The damage increases with each successive bolt on an enemy. Enemies that are killed explode marking nearby enemies (who receive damage from the current bolt). The final bolt removes marks from existing enemies and grants Sarana invulnerability for 1 seconds for each mark consumed. (strength effects damage, continuity effects duration, range effects explosion marking radius.)

Notes: So i felt that the passive seemed to much like an ability. Working it into an ability itself gives the player more control over marking. Like this the players loadout effects game style. Taking low damage AoE weapons can mark more targets, but higher damage weapons can take more advantage over the bonus damage. The changes to 2 were made to make the ability gain benifit from marking, which is your theme. Plus it adds style points. 3 changes were made to make this ability centeral to play, giving the cunning player an edge, yet not being to op. It'd be good vs hoards, but less to for smaller amounts of higher health enemies. With the final, i felt you were invested in this idea that the frame preps itself for this bigger attack, but felt that in gameplay terms it lacked something. Like this there is great reward for sticking the ability out to the end, but it also has its risks with a longer time. Also, if you tagged a few enemies, but more wandered in part way through, you would want the opportinity to hit them too.

Anyhow, there are my thoughts. Tell me what you think :)

As for design, not sure what your thinking, but i keep imagining a 'beggar witch'. Which like in appearence but with oversized outfits that are ragged and torn. A witch that has been living a hermits life and inflicts its 'curse' on enemies.

The passive is more to be able to mark enemies when you have no energy left, so when you finally have 75 or 100 energy, you can immidiatly ult. As for the design, the idea sounds ok, but I think I'll be going for the more simple design that shows that she's a fast fighter.

And the ability scedule was mostly intended to mark enemies in quick succesion, and not trying to deal the most damage. I want her to be in a tactical setup kinda theme

Also, I think I'll go ahead and work something out on the design, when I have time this weekend. =) thx for your oppinion

Edited by xX_MAG_Xx

To be honest, this is the first warframe concept that i can't imagine at all. No theme, no special characteristic, the abilities are just doing common things. But there's nothing actually unique or specific about it. And all the terms you use seems to be chosen randomly. Googling those words only made me more confused and googling trynomogy will lead to this page.

I can only imagine this character as a common human character in MOBA, but not as a warframe.

First though: Kinda has a more traditional paladin, but the way that the abilities work sound closer to a curse flinger, which might work into more of the redemption bit?

To be honest, this is the first warframe concept that i can't imagine at all. No theme, no special characteristic, the abilities are just doing common things. But there's nothing actually unique or specific about it. And all the terms you use seems to be chosen randomly. Googling those words only made me more confused and googling trynomogy will lead to this page.

I can only imagine this character as a common human character in MOBA, but not as a warframe.

This frame concept is 30% less MOBA than most I've seen that don't get called out on it. When you have base stats, 4 active a passive, and a core theme to think about it's literally impossible to make a frame that doesn't sound like a MOBA character.

That said, this seems like it'd be a nightmare to play, especially in multiplayer. I could hear the cries of "Stop killing all of my marks" as I read it.

I'd probably attach the Tiration dot effect to power duration, and just give it a really long base. If it never runs out, then you could just mark a boss with it and wait it out until they make Tiration not affect bosses, then this frame would be crippled in assassinate missions.

Mortise would be impossible to hit with, enemies don't generally touch the areas we parkour at. The only way this would be useable is by wall jumping off of people's faces, which sounds like what the #2 ability is going after.

For Redeemer's Dash, instead of free recasts, it might work better to just have it be a slashdash that does less damage, but with the knockdown and the marks... so kinda like a mix between slashdash and Rhino Charge?

Trynomogy sounds great, really shows the potential in the concept. I'd still tweak it, where it only does the second effect, linking each marked enemy to two other random marked enemies. Really works as a sort of Moerae themed frame.

The 4th power sounds a little too weighted in drawbacks, I'd go back to the drawing board on it and the #1 power. (Maybe shift 2 to 1 and have 2 be a moderate damage aoe marking thing where you send out a web of the ropes?)

Edited by Arkinvas

First though: Kinda has a more traditional paladin, but the way that the abilities work sound closer to a curse flinger, which might work into more of the redemption bit?

This frame concept is 30% less MOBA than most I've seen that don't get called out on it. When you have base stats, 4 active a passive, and a core theme to think about it's literally impossible to make a frame that doesn't sound like a MOBA character.

That said, this seems like it'd be a nightmare to play, especially in multiplayer. I could hear the cries of "Stop killing all of my marks" as I read it.

I'd probably attach the Tiration dot effect to power duration, and just give it a really long base. If it never runs out, then you could just mark a boss with it and wait it out until they make Tiration not affect bosses, then this frame would be crippled in assassinate missions.

Mortise would be impossible to hit with, enemies don't generally touch the areas we parkour at. The only way this would be useable is by wall jumping off of people's faces, which sounds like what the #2 ability is going after.

For Redeemer's Dash, instead of free recasts, it might work better to just have it be a slashdash that does less damage, but with the knockdown and the marks... so kinda like a mix between slashdash and Rhino Charge?

Trynomogy sounds great, really shows the potential in the concept. I'd still tweak it, where it only does the second effect, linking each marked enemy to two other random marked enemies. Really works as a sort of Moerae themed frame.

The 4th power sounds a little too weighted in drawbacks, I'd go back to the drawing board on it and the #1 power. (Maybe shift 2 to 1 and have 2 be a moderate damage aoe marking thing where you send out a web of the ropes?)

Sarana is a frame that should use bursts of her poweres. For instance, 2+3 or 2+4. And the passive and the 1st ability are to prevent having to play 1 particular style and not being able to change it. With the passive an the 1st ability, she can make tactical setups to damage, root and kill enemies in hallways or something like that. And the 4 sec cast time on Tiration Excercism is to prevent people from insta killing everything with Power Efficiency+Power Strength builds.

Her first ability is indeed a little bit lacking in usefullness but hey, its a first ability

And her second is a bit too strong to have as a first

Edited by xX_MAG_Xx

The passive is more to be able to mark enemies when you have no energy left, so when you finally have 75 or 100 energy, you can immidiatly ult. As for the design, the idea sounds ok, but I think I'll be going for the more simple design that shows that she's a fast fighter.

And the ability scedule was mostly intended to mark enemies in quick succesion, and not trying to deal the most damage. I want her to be in a tactical setup kinda theme

Also, I think I'll go ahead and work something out on the design, when I have time this weekend. =) thx for your oppinion

The issue i can see is that much of this idea of setting up alot of enemies to then do large crowd control or damage wont work well, as in a 4 man team, alot of enemies wont survive very long. Also, in a regular game im far less likely to use ability 1 than just shoot the enemy.

The issue i can see is that much of this idea of setting up alot of enemies to then do large crowd control or damage wont work well, as in a 4 man team, alot of enemies wont survive very long. Also, in a regular game im far less likely to use ability 1 than just shoot the enemy.

Thats what this Warframe makes difficult and fun or frustrating to play :P.