The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Urgent, Need Assistance With A Fatal Bug

Lisztomaniac

so this is how it goes, i stoped playing warframe for a few months (back then it had some freezes), so then i came back and i found myself with a welcoming bug, every time i play lith earth my computer shuts down, ive tried multiple missions, this has also happened to me in a variety of diferent endless missions, the only relation i seem to find in the ocurrences seem to be endless missions, ive tried diferent planets, tilesets, factions, modes, and the only relation seems to be endless missions, ive played Spy missions, i can stand on the map for hours, come back and the game keeps running, but if i jump in to lith (seems to be the easies way to replicate the bug) i can hardly ever even get to the 5th wave before my computer shuts down like if someone had unpluged it.

so after trying a lot of things i figured maybe reinstalling warframe would fix my problem and so i did, post-reinstall i jumped back into lith played a few games and nothing happened i even got to wave 25, so i figured the problem was fixed, until i tried again and the crash happened again, i dont know what else to do and im really getting desperate, trying to troubleshoot this bug has already caused serious damage to my hdd and im afraid if i keep troubleshooting my hdd will die on me, i really love this game, and i dont want to wait a year before someone elses finds the solution, so please help me out.

things i think might be the culprit:

-Dx9 (i uninstalled Dx11 as an advice for another game, it worked but i think it might be causing the problems wi-th wf)

-some kind of programing error related to endless missions

now, im no expert, but i do know a little about computers, just not enough to fix stuff like this, please help me save my hdd and keep playing this awesome game.

notes: being a gamer ive read enough forums to know what to expect on the reply section, the problem is not directly my PC the problem is caused specifically by warframe (i have almost a terabyte worth of games and no game causes this kind of problem but warframe), its not that my computer cant handle it, i just repasted and cleaned, the temps are right, the games runs perfectly in almost te highest settings, yet the crash happends both in high and lowest settings, reinstalling the game seems to have made the crash happend less often (having played defence missions all night long and only crashing when i went back to lith this morning)

i have:

-my current EE file.

-my pre-reinstallation EE file

-and i seem to have one on the first folder and another on a folder called crash (this one is the one that makes me think Dx9 is to blame because it mentions a lot of textures missing in windows,directx and warframe cache), by the way i already tried the tool included on launcher that checks your cache and it did nothing, granted this was pre-reinstall.

but i cant find the button to put them on the post.

someone help me please i dont know what to do and i dont want to keep harming my hdd :(

sorry about the text wall and the poor english, its not my first lenguage.

edit: is worth nothing that when i was trying endless missions one or two didnt crash, but maybe they would have with enough time.

edit 2: dx9-dx11 both present the crash

edit 2.2: the game was running on XP compability thus negating DX11, about to test it with Dx10 and Dx11 enabled.

edit 3: so far so good, i will update back either in a week or in the next crash.

Edited by Lisztomaniac

Posting specs (and temps) would be nice.

If it completely shuts down it might not necessarily be warframe's fault, but for example a gpu driver crash or something.

Try contacting support with all this info too.

PS

Fiddle around with launcher setttings.

32/64 bit mode, Dx9/10/11 and such.

Edited by Shifted

<---- is no expert at this either

If you think that Dx9 is the cause, why don't you just update it ? Does your other game really need Dx9 THAT bad?i ac

i actually just did im about to jump into lith, im just so desperate and i couldnt post on forums yesterday, so now that i could i took the chance, i will come back with news, wish me luck.

not to be a $&*^ to the other answers, but theres a reason the *note* is there and its to avoid the tipical "your computer cant handle the game" answer that always plague this threads, the temps are not the problem, i already checked that, my first idea was that the temps were the problem because it is indeed a laptop, so i downloaded MSI afterburner to check the temps while playing, my computer is at 62 while idle (i live in one of the hotest climates in the world) and it barely goes up with warframe, i can kill every process but warframe and the computer will shut down with no change on my temperatures, it happends on high settings with chrome and a lot of tabs open and it happends on low settings with no other process running, plus months back it would never shut down my pc, however the game would sometimes disapear and only produce sounds while still running.

so no, the temps are not the problem, id like to attach files that someone might use to determine the error but i cant see the attach buttong anywhere :(

Edited by Lisztomaniac

i actually just did im about to jump into lith, im just so desperate and i couldnt post on forums yesterday, so now that i could i took the chance, i will come back with news, wish me luck.

Updating your drivers might also help owo They tend to do some weird S#&$, I remember that I once had the newest graphics card driver installed but the driver always crashed out of nowhere when I played Planet side 2, it reset itself in the middle of the game which was rather frustating. So it may be your driver or it may be not.

Edited by DJ_Vauban

i dont think my computer is specifically the problem, maybe an specific interaction with warframe files and a subjacent problem on my computer that triggers only with warframe, so in a way i think both are to blame.

i actually rolled back my drivers before coming back to warframe, since i found the bug i updated to try diferent drivers, the bug happened on both drivers version.

Edited by Lisztomaniac

so, i already sent a support ticket, but it seems they dont work on weekends, so in a hopeless effort ill try to keep this thread informed: this is the last message on my EE file after my PC crashed:

413.355 Game [info]: BladeSawmanAvatar477 has died.
417.302 AI [Error]: Invalid jump end point (/Layer1/Layer10/JumpAction266) - CalcJumpConstantsFromEndPoints failed.
419.121 Game [info]: BladeSawmanAvatar474 has died.
419.383 Script [info]: /Layer0/Layer1/ScriptTrigger0 running scripts
421.498 Sys [Error]: Could not find object: Lotus/Characters/Grineer/BrandingDevice/GrineerBrandingDeviceHoloDeco
421.498 Sys [Error]: Could not create Lotus/Characters/Grineer/BrandingDevice/GrineerBrandingDeviceHoloDeco as a Object
421.498 Sys [Error]: Could not find object: Lotus/Characters/Grineer/BrandingDevice/GrineerBrandingDeviceHoloDeco
421.498 Sys [Error]: Could not create Lotus/Characters/Grineer/BrandingDevice/GrineerBrandingDeviceHoloDeco as a Object
423.807 Game [info]: RifleLancerAvatar479 has died.
423.807 Game [info]: RifleLancerAvatar481 has died.
424.502 Sys [info]: Ragdoll::CommonInit() 1.1ms
424.502 Game [info]: RifleLancerAvatar494 has died.
424.503 Game [info]: BladeSawmanAvatar495 has died.
424.505 Game [info]: BladeSawmanAvatar485 has died.
424.506 Sys [info]: Ragdoll::CommonInit() 1ms
424.507 Game [info]: RifleLancerAvatar492 has died.
424.509 Sys [info]: Ragdoll::CommonInit() 1ms
424.509 Game [info]: RifleLancerAvatar498 has died.
424.511 Sys [info]: Ragdoll::CommonInit() 1ms
424.512 Game [info]: RifleLancerAvatar482 has died.
424.512 Game [info]: RifleLancerAvatar493 has died.
424.512 Game [info]: RifleLancerAvatar491 has died.
424.514 Sys [info]: Ragdoll::CommonInit() 1ms
424.514 Game [info]: RifleLa

im about to jump into a game to see if the next crash yields the same results.