Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So I've Done Lasik

TheErebus.

So very recently (yesterday) I've done LASIK (Laser eye corrective surgery) and lemme tell you two things:
1. I miss my glasses

2. The light burns

I'm forced to wear sunglasses (which are pretty cool) because the light BURNS.

And I do not regret it. 

I recommend this to anyone who's tired of his/her glasses/contact lenses.  

And as a pre-emptive "Why is this in the WF forum?"
4aa7e14448a52c63d728e92134132d69.png

So very recently (yesterday) I've done LASIK (Laser eye corrective surgery) and lemme tell you two things:

1. I miss my glasses

2. The light burns

I'm forced to wear sunglasses (which are pretty cool) because the light BURNS.

And I do not regret it. 

I recommend this to anyone who's tired of his/her glasses/contact lenses.  

Heh, pleb I dun need glasses I just need sunglasses cus I look like a redhaired 'The Dude'

A couple of questions:

How long did the procedure take?

What was the procedure like?

How much did it cost?

Are you satisfied?

Pre-process, how blind were you?

Congratulations on getting your eyesight fixed!

Edited by Kthal

A couple of questions:

How long did the procedure take?

What was the procedure like?

How much did it cost?

Are you satisfied?

Pre-process, how blind were you?

Congratulations on getting your eyesight fixed!

Took about 10 minutes.

That was the procedure alone, the waiting was 2 hours.

Basically, they numb your eyes against the laser with two eyedrops. Then they tape your eyelashes back, which then leads to the eyeball opener. It keeps you from blinking (obviously). Then the lasering begins, which lasts for 27 seconds. You'll basically see a green dot and then a huge wave of light going through your eye. You wont see anything as it'll be a complete blur. Then the forceps come in. Oh god the forceps. It was by far the worst part about it. The itching and feeling of it was horrid. Then they use water to clean the eye.

Costed around DHS18000 (or whatever your regional equivalent is).

Yes, very satisfied.  

My power was +3 on both eyes. 

Took about 10 minutes.

That was the procedure alone, the waiting was 2 hours.

Basically, they numb your eyes against the laser with two eyedrops. Then they tape your eyelashes back, which then leads to the eyeball opener. It keeps you from blinking (obviously). Then the lasering begins, which lasts for 27 seconds. You'll basically see a green dot and then a huge wave of light going through your eye. You wont see anything as it'll be a complete blur. Then the forceps come in. Oh god the forceps. It was by far the worst part about it. The itching and feeling of it was horrid. Then they use water to clean the eye.

Costed around DHS18000 (or whatever your regional equivalent is).

Yes, very satisfied.  

My power was +3 on both eyes.

I think I'll be better off with my glasses.This just looks too odd for me.

Nice, what is the percentage of it going wrong? XD

I am lucky enough to not need glasses as I have rather good vision (haven't checked lately, but..let's assume)

I had glasses when I was younger, to correct vision, and they were very fiddly. I HAD to have this expensive frame, cause they looked so kewwww, but I can never get used to wearing glasses, even sun glasses. It feels weird on my nose, feels uncomfortable to have pressure on nose bridge.

I think I just off-topic'ed the off-topic post.

Nice, what is the percentage of it going wrong? XD

11%

They said 95%

It's actually 11%

I had glasses when I was younger, to correct vision, and they were very fiddly. I HAD to have this expensive frame, cause they looked so kewwww, but I can never get used to wearing glasses, even sun glasses. It feels weird on my nose, feels uncomfortable to have pressure on nose bridge.

I think I just off-topic'ed the off-topic post.

Dis thred's gettin' meta.

I was on the verge of getting it done too, but i was just spooked by the possible side effects and complications. There are just so many choices, different type of lasers and then going private surgery with actual eye docs or one of the mainstreet brands(who probably only care about getting you signed up)

I would love to be glasses free, but that "what if" nags me....

Spooky, are you in UK ?

Edited by kiteohatto

I was on the verge of getting it done too, but i was just spooked by the possible side effects and complications. There are just so many choices, different type of lasers and then going private surgery with actual eye docs or one of the mainstreet brands(who probably only care about getting you signed up)

I would love to be glasses free, but that "what if" nags me....

Spooky, are you in UK ?

Nah, I'm in the UAE.

If you go for Femto-Lasik then the risks of things going wrong are quite minimal.