Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Changing Of Current Frames...

FacelessMaster

Hi, [DE], I know this is a little chance that you will see this message, but anyway... I don't understand, why are your team crafting new frames instead of fixing some unpopular features of current frames? For example an anorexic thinness of Noxe's Night form, non-proportional legs of usual Ember, Nova's head, unpopular helmet of Mag Prime, two strange helmets of Mirage,non-paladin appearance of Oberon. I understand that we, founders, had done nothing to change current situation. But I ask now - should we modify existing frames and make better their appearances and qualities OR do more and more strange creatures?

UPD tihis my own opinion about these frames, but I am sure that some frames cause the same emotions.

Respectfully, Taeghar.

They're not "Making new ones instead of fixing old ones". They are doing both. The art team that makes the new frames has nothing to do with the other parts of the team that rebalances, recodes, etc old frames.

EDIT: I see that's not what you were saying now, you're suggesting they go back and change the VISUALS of "unpopular stuff".

1. Just because you- or anyone else, even the majority of players- don't like/use a certain cosmetic, doesn't mean there aren't people who enjoy it and use it every day. Taking that away from players (changing it) would be foolish and cruel, when they'd spend the same amount of time/effort making something new as an option (more alt helmets). That's a big nono, a lot of people would be very upset- rightfully so.

2. As said in #1- it'd take the same amount of time/effort to make e.g. a new skin/alt helmet instead of changing an existing one. There is no reason to take away our options instead of adding new ones if it takes the same resources in the end.

3. In response to your examples: Equinox night form- wait till you see the upcoming Atlas. Also have you SEEN nekros, if someone looks anorexic it's him. Ember legs- a LOT of players love ember for her legs, and I mean a lot. Probably MOST people who actually use her like her current look. Nova's head- Firstly, I love nova's head. Secondly, if you don't, there are 3 alt helmets (4 if you're using prime and use her normal helmet) that you can choose from if you have an issue with it. Mag's Prime's helmet- again, if you don't like it, you can use an alt helmet.... Mirage's strange helmets- They fit her style, again you could just ya know... use her "not strange" helmet (Imo they are all strange, idek where to begin with this comment...). Oberon- is goat frame. Nuff said.

4. Why are you bringing founders into this? Founders or not have nothing to do with anything. If you think they have special circumstances or DE takes their opinions to be more worth it than any other player- you're sorrily mistaken.

5. Answer: We should not modify existing anything, other than e.g. pbr updates or maybe higher poly count on old frames. There's no reason to. It'd be better to make skins or alt helmets or new frames- rather than wasting DE's time because some people don't like something they put out (you can't please everyone, if you try to you're going to fail, period).

Edited by Stratego89

They are making new frames and reworking the older frames abilities.

However the aesthetics of the frames are unlikely to change as I remember Mynki being onstream and a question of "Will you change X because people didn't like how it looks?" came up and his answer was that he wouldn't because he purposefully designs frames with quirky/"weird" features to make them stand out.

Move to Art & Animation Feedback.

They're already working on the new skins for different frames. Valkyr gets her skin 3rd.exal has proto armor and nyx has nemesis. Valkyr pre corpus. You also have the immortal skin for most frames in game, so could run with that.

Like already said, if you don't like the aesthetic, you can try different alt helmets, or try different colors to make it look better.

Is it help to add new aesthetics of existing frames?

I could understand new helmets and skins for frames, so long as it fits the idea behind the frame.

Actually changing existing assets because a few people don't like them? probably not going to happen.

I personally like Mags quirky nerdy looks with all her helmets, shes like a science experiment come to life.

Oberon, the name, is the King of the Fairies, so he's going to be given more nature inspired cosmetics, like the Deer God helmet.

Nox's Night form looks elegant and beautiful. Embers legs dont bother me.

They're already working on the new skins for different frames. Valkyr gets her skin 3rd.exal has proto armor and nyx has nemesis. Valkyr pre corpus. You also have the immortal skin for most frames in game, so could run with that.

Like already said, if you don't like the aesthetic, you can try different alt helmets, or try different colors to make it look better.

Sadly, you can't get Nyx Nemesis anymore :<

Edited by TheFatDrake