Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Is My Reward?

Iceyspy

So i completed 10 waves on an infested defense game and won a raid key.I then go to my inventory to find out i have not received said key.So, could i please get an explanation or better yet, my key? Thanks in advance.

Keys are hidden behind a new button. Leave all lobbies, so you are in the starting screen (same as after logging in) and hit the little key icon right next to Online/Private/Solo. There's your key. Click it, click Use, invite friends (need to be on your friend list) and go to Tow(n/er)!

That`s the thing, i know where the key is supposed to be, but when i click that button all i see is my clan key.Also, to go more in-depth about what happened; I did 5 waves and got the key as a reward for completing wave 5, completed 5 more waves and then left, thinking i claimed my rewards.While i received my reward for completing wave 10, the key that i was supposed to get for completing wave 5 was not there.Still don`t know what to do about this :/

That`s the thing, i know where the key is supposed to be, but when i click that button all i see is my clan key.Also, to go more in-depth about what happened; I did 5 waves and got the key as a reward for completing wave 5, completed 5 more waves and then left, thinking i claimed my rewards.While i received my reward for completing wave 10, the key that i was supposed to get for completing wave 5 was not there.Still don`t know what to do about this :/

You did it wrong. The mission rewards will not be stored, only whatever items (mods, resources) you obtained up to the 5th level. Figures this was the case.

Edited by matrixEXO

@Iceyspy

You get ONLY the reward shown on the wave that you leave at.

If you saw the key at wave 5 and left at wave 10 you only get the wave 10 reward, NOT the wave 5 reward.

Defense mission rewards do NOT stack. They are replacements.

@KvotheTheArcane1

If you see a reward offered in the Wave 5 "Do you want to continue battle popup" that is your chance at the reward. At wave 10 you dont get the reward you would have gotten at wave 5, at wave 15 you wouldn't get the rewards that were on that continue battling screens from waves 5 or 10.

Otherwise I would have gotten 2 streamlines and 1 handspring mod from a 15 wave defense I did yesterday. I only got the handspring mod and not the 2 streamlines that showed up in the other popup prompts asking if I wanted to take the reward or continue fighting.

You get everything that you pick up, but not what is offered in that prompt.

Edited by Tsukinoki

-snip-

Hm, I'm pretty sure I've gotten multiple rewards before (i.e. a stream line at wave 5 did carry over to wave 10)

from the wiki on endless defense:

"The prize for getting to every fifth wave is "locked in" and will be given to the players even if the players die before the next extraction."

Pretty sure whats happened to you is a bug.

@KvotheTheArcane1

The only things that are "locked in" are the pickups you gathered. Before they were "locked in" what would happen is if you failed you lost *everything* that you had picked up through the defense.

The rewards every 5 waves are only given to you on the wave that you leave on and do not carry over to the next wave 5 reward. And there are people and threads asking them to change this behavior because it means if you see something in the wave rewards that you want/need you *have* to leave at that extraction point to get that reward.

That is why most groups instantly leave when a void key comes up as a reward. If they continue on they wont get that reward.

You *might* get that wave 5 reward if you fail the defense within the next 5 waves (I am not sure about that) but I do know that you will not get last extraction reward if you make it to the next extraction wave.

Besides keys you can see this if a banshee BP comes up as a reward. If you continue on and make it to the next extraction wave you wont get the BP.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Hm, I'm pretty sure I've gotten multiple rewards before (i.e. a stream line at wave 5 did carry over to wave 10)

from the wiki on endless defense:

"The prize for getting to every fifth wave is "locked in" and will be given to the players even if the players die before the next extraction."

Pretty sure whats happened to you is a bug.

Nah, it's exactly what he says, you only get 1 of the rewards.

@KvotheTheArcane1

The only things that are "locked in" are the pickups you gathered. Before they were "locked in" what would happen is if you failed you lost *everything* that you had picked up through the defense.

The rewards every 5 waves are only given to you on the wave that you leave on and do not carry over to the next wave 5 reward. And there are people and threads asking them to change this behavior because it means if you see something in the wave rewards that you want/need you *have* to leave at that extraction point to get that reward.

That is why most groups instantly leave when a void key comes up as a reward. If they continue on they wont get that reward. no, it's because they want to go use it and not risk losing...

You *might* get that wave 5 reward if you fail the defense within the next 5 waves (I am not sure about that) but I do know that you will not get last extraction reward if you make it to the next extraction wave.

AGAIN I'm gonna test this later, but I've gotten the reward at wave 5, even when I leave at wave 10. Pretty sure you've gotten a bug is my guess, but again I'm going to test it (pick up no mods, leave at wave 10, I should get 2 mods, if not it's a bug)

Nah, it's exactly what he says, you only get 1 of the rewards.

Hm, still sounds like a bug or a stealth change to the system then if it's not one person.

Edited by KvotheTheArcane1

@Iceyspy

That is the problem with the system as it currently stands. It would be better if the extraction point rewards stacked instead of getting replaced.

But if you're ever in pugs and something like a void key or BP comes up you'll see everyone hit "Claim Reward and Exit" unless they are purposefully aiming to get to the higher wave numbers.

@Iceyspy

That is the problem with the system as it currently stands. It would be better if the extraction point rewards stacked instead of getting replaced. I stand corrected, you are correct, This should be how it works imo (rewards stacking)

But if you're ever in pugs and something like a void key or BP comes up you'll see everyone hit "Claim Reward and Exit" unless they are purposefully aiming to get to the higher wave numbers.

I have to admit I was also under the impression by the way the patch notes were worded that the rewards did stack, but I soon found out they did not, considering how bad the rewards are even if you go to higher waves it's no longer worth going beyond wave 10. There is another post in General I believe where a team went to wave 100, you know what they got for their reward REDIRECTION! Nope I'm warning anyone who I play with I'm leaving after wave 10, unless of course something important was awarded at wave 5, sorry.

@KvotheTheArcane1

Maybe you picked up those rewards as you killed enemies? At the higher levels streamline isn't that rare so you could have picked that up during the 5 waves.

Nah, I got a banshee BP and a streamline, which I hadn't picked, or at least I didn't think I did anyway, I was watching the mods I picked up, and I didn't see it. Or maybe I did and didn't notice it. However I think rewards should stack (you worked for whatever rewards you got from wave 5/10/15/etc)

Nah, I got a banshee BP and a streamline, which I hadn't picked, or at least I didn't think I did anyway, I was watching the mods I picked up, and I didn't see it. Or maybe I did and didn't notice it. However I think rewards should stack (you worked for whatever rewards you got from wave 5/10/15/etc)

Yeah, there has been multiple suggestions for this, I hope they implement it :)