Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Swapping

(PSN)NachoZissou

I sometimes think when I'm playing Warframe that it would be a nice feature to be able to swap weapons with somebody else in your squad, so you can try out a new weapon or a different build. I often wish I could just hand someone my Tonkor and say "have a go with that" or borrow somebody's Dragon Nikana to test it out before I build it.

To elaborate as I don't think I've been clear, if you swapped a weapon with a teammate it would be done during a mission and would only last until the end of the mission or until the person who accepted the request recalls it. No permanent swaps.

With regards to the idea of picking up enemies weapons that wasn't my idea but if it were to be possible then again it would only be for the duration of the mission. No stockpiling Grineer weapons to sell afterwards.

There's already a mechanic for it in place with the Rescue targets so I'm assuming it wouldn't be that hard to do. I guess the best way might be to have a tab for it in the text box and you choose the person you want to swap with then choose the weapon, and they can accept or deny the request.

It's nothing particularly revolutionary or exciting, just that sometimes I feel I'd like to be able to do it. What do you think?

Edited by (PS4)NachoZissou

I've always wondered why in the he# we cant just pick up a grataka off a dead grineer. Seriously! Why not? This is my only problem with this game, you cant swap weapons with fallen enemies, this would make game play much more interesting and dare i say... realistic.

I've always wondered why in the he# we cant just pick up a grataka off a dead grineer. Seriously! Why not? This is my only problem with this game, you cant swap weapons with fallen enemies, this would make game play much more interesting and dare i say... realistic.

That would be cool. There could be a new type of Nightmare mode where you start with no weapons and have to get by on pickups only.

Tutorial:

Lotus: Pick up a weapon without Grineer interlock.

maybe... but think about it.

if we can pick up weapons to use they would be unmodded and be doing way less damage than a weapon with even an unmodded serration or point blank.

if we can pick up weapons to keep then everyone and their grandmother would just go around farming for weapons. use of building equipment, blueprints, and acquiring materials would be obsolete.

if we can trade weapons then people with low mastery rank would be granted access to weapons you work hard for.

the game would end up being a whole lot more boring... i would like tho to trade any bp at very least. i want my brakk shotgun pistol and the grustrag are being too quiet for me.

maybe... but think about it.

if we can pick up weapons to use they would be unmodded and be doing way less damage than a weapon with even an unmodded serration or point blank.

if we can pick up weapons to keep then everyone and their grandmother would just go around farming for weapons. use of building equipment, blueprints, and acquiring materials would be obsolete.

if we can trade weapons then people with low mastery rank would be granted access to weapons you work hard for.

the game would end up being a whole lot more boring... i would like tho to trade any bp at very least. i want my brakk shotgun pistol and the grustrag are being too quiet for me.

Just to clarify, if you swapped a weapon with someone in your squad it would be during a mission and for the duration of that mission only, I'm not suggesting that you could build a weapon and give it to somebody else permanently.

I'm also not saying that if you picked up enemy weapons you could keep them, my idea is to swap with teammates just for the fun of it and to see how their build differs to yours.

I thought perhaps no affinity could be earned while using someone else's gun so it's purely so you can test it out and there aren't any possible exp farming implications.

All weapons in game work only for the hands that currently wield them, which is why we have to build them ourselves. This has been a concept in video games that don't allow stealing enemy weapons since forever.

I'd say we have to build them ourselves because games are about our individual progression, not because there's some lore that says every gun has fingerprint recognition or something.

What about the Rescue targets? They can use my guns without any problem despite the fact they didn't build them.

• 2 weeks later...

Personally this sounds like a pretty epic idea, I'll often be in a mission where I'll see an ally's weapon and wonder how good it feels to use, also aswell as the weapon itself you'd get to test out the currently equipped mods on it and see how much of a difference they make, so all in all I'd like to see this implemented :)

Edited by (PS4)ANJellGabriel