Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's The Best Way To Gain Exp Solo?

Flowen231

Question

15 answers to this question

For reasons that I'm sick of mentioning and can't overcome, I can hardly ever successfully connect to people. I was just wondering what the best way of grinding solo so I don't have to try to join people for 30 minutes just for 1 run.

leveling weapons? Probably spy missions if you have a good loki

Leveling frame? probably any t1-3 captures

Loki with Hushed invisibility mod. If you can keep the stealth kill multiplier up, even exterminate on Mercury can net you 50 -100k XP, using the wep you want to level. If you do not have a weapon that can 1 shot enemies, spy missions are quite good as well.

New frames? T1 Survival.

Edited by X5934-078FR1

To grind a low-rank ranged weapon spy missions.

For a mid/high ranked ranged weapon, grab a duration Loki with Hushed Invisibility and do full stealth runs.

For any melee grab a stealth frame (Ash, Loki) and do full stealth runs. Adjust the level of the mission depending on how high is your weapon's rank (you need to one-hit-KO reliably.

To grind a non damage frame grab a good weapon and go do high level missions. My best way is to go Akkad with a Tonkor and stay as much as i can.

To grind a damage frame go do lowish leveled missions and try to kill using mostly abilities.

Ceres Spy missions give a ton of xp but is best for weapons. If you're good enough to be stealthy (really easy), you can even level frames quickly too, if not or just need to quick level a frame from zero, best to run a low/mid level DS (or even high level with a high end gun) until you can run Spy. If your whole kit is unranked, Apollodurus or Excavation on Earth (Lua I think), until you can run the higher stuff.

Overall though, for the most bank for your buck, Spy missions are the easiest and most bountiful, can get a ton of good mods on top of high xp. With the booster, you can easily max out a gun with 5-6 forma within one or two sessions.

Loki with Hushed invisibility mod. If you can keep the stealth kill multiplier up, even exterminate on Mercury can net you 50 -100k XP, using the wep you want to level. If you do not have a weapon that can 1 shot enemies, spy missions are quite good as well.

New frames? T1 Survival.

This works pretty damned well.  When I'm not in a mood to get a team to level a weapon, I usually use methods like this.  

I think your best spot is at Draco on Ceres....

.....Bring your 'lvl-up Excalibur' (max range, 0% duration, max flow and strenght and try squeeze in some efficiency) and bring some energy, capture 3 locations and climb the 'steam reactor pipes' to hide and kill.... RADIAL JAVELIN...until you reach 100% and try 3-4 waves.

That's all!

(p.s. On Draco you have more chance to encounter Pro/Veteran players)

Best as Loki or Ash, maybe Shade or Huras if not.

Guns, 1 or 2 Ceres or Pluto spy missions for some initial levels, after that swap to Verdi Mercury for stealth kill farm.

Melee, same as above minus the spy runs.

Companions, high level spy.

Frame, slap on a matching aura, max vitality and do whatever you want really.

like everyone else, I'll say high level spy missions (gnathos, eris, or oceanum, pluto), but I don't feel you need invisiblity to do it, just do some test runs and see the routes that you can take. I advice getting a silent ranged weapon that can kill in a few seconds (bows, well-modded kunais, or a glaive), or you can wait for enemies to turn around and melee stealth skill them. I recommend doing some solo defense runs on the initial planets before doing this though, defense mods really help and you should have some. 

if you have keys, when you reach level 20+ you can do some T3-4 capture if you are bored with spy missions.

Edited by ragingdeamon

Spy missions all the way!

Lets say you start with a fresh rank 0 weapon, bring a full rank 30 with silencer mod and you'll end up with rank 4-5 from your new gun for the first run.

You don't need the stealth kills to do Spy missions, as long as you kill everyone and lower the alert status of the room next to the vault prior entering. Stealth kills only adds bonus when you use a silenced weapon.

Just merely opening vaults undetected gives large amounts of XP.

Make sure to remove your sentinel attack precept or have its weapon silenced.

Cheers

Edited by Gwenwed