Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sonicor Could Use A Charge Mechanic.

LascarCapable

Just tried the sonicor today. Awesome weapon ! Fun as hell, lot of utility, yet it's not very potent at killing. I think we should include to Sonicor a more letal function. How about a charged shot, earning more damage, more strenght and more range ? Fair ?

- Charged shot would consume up to 3 ammo.

- Charged shots have an increased ragdoll effect (ragdolls stronger).

- Charged shots have twice the range.

- Charged shots would deal three times the damage (150 damage without mods).

- It takes 2 seconds to fully charge the gun (without mods).

How is it ?

tripple dmg for tripple ammo

2 seconds waiting for double range

more ragdoll -> more fun

sound fair to me

there could although be a half charged version of the shot (like angstrum)

-consumes 2 ammo

-slightly increased ragdoll

-50% more range

-only double dmg (100 without mods)

-takes 1 second to half charge (without mods)

Edited by Weidro

Other possible change: could they allow Ruinous Extension to apply?

This is a projectile based weapon, not a beam based weapon. It won't work with it. If you want to increase its range, increase the projectile's speed : the projectile's lifetime is based to its time to live, not the distance it travelled. So if you fasten it, it'll also fo further.

honestly the damage it deals in enough, i went on a survival t4 with it  with loki and no damage buffers in team and only encountered noticeable problems while killing corrupted gunners (mind you running rad+viral with the 4 event mods and the D cold damage mod) around lvl 70 or so, i don't know why you're having problem killing stuff but i didn't have any at all, that said i wouldn't be against an alt-fire with longer range and shlinghtly highter damage even if i feel a charge mechanic would be more fitting on a primary version of the sonicor if we ever get one.

Edited by bl4ckhunter

Why not to add +25% more dmg from charged shot? You know... Like in other charged weapons you gain more when doing "more".

I may be talking out of my &#! here, but I believe a lot of things change, like crit chance for bows and stuff. My 135% crit chance Dread doesn't crit all that often on an uncharged arrow, in example.