Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Something's Wrong,there's New Ships Approaching...

unknow99

Hello tenno,

I was really excited about already getting my hands on these new ships, until.... Until a guy told me that the new ship's interior -Mantis,right?- is a carbon copy of the one from the Liset...

If that guy was right : What's the point of this new ship?...

I dont' know, but...

XUhJu94.jpg

5b29e518ada9781601a8b29e99c600c3.png

warframe__liset_3_0_concept_by_sbigham-d

(this one hasn't been released yet)

Don't they have a completely different shape? Maybe I should check my glasses or I got a bad notion of space, but how can the inside of these ships end up the same as this?

C0LHjeb.png

The new one looks wayyy thinner than the Liset : its structure of the Mantis seem to go in length, not in width... It looks like it got 2 cannons in the front... Yet it'd be incorrect just by looking through a Liset window...

(Another question : I'd also have expected a brand new Cephalon with that new ship but maybe that's asking for too much?)

If that's the case, please explain. Is that intended or is it a big flaw in the immersion/logic of the main lobby structure?

Thank you for reading.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing I heard that might worry me :

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/536955-isnt-the-mantis-a-step-too-far-into-the-rng-direction/

Edited by unknow99

Yeah, I can't see why they wouldn't let you do that. I'm of the mind we'll be getting new ones/upgrades for our ships with the custom interiors in U18, and then we'll get the ability to upgrade our Orbiter from that measly frame to a giant-&#! carrier. I hope, at least.

I'd say it still a work in progress, but i can totally see DE changing the interiors in the future

Oh okay man. 'Cause that screams "PLACEHOLDER" to me...

Like all the NPC's in the relays, and colorswap enemies, and ctrl+c/ctrl+v bosses like Raptor... :p

In fact, after 2 years of playthrough, the careful eyes might call this game Placeholderland!...

For your information, the interior on your screenshot isn't the Liset's.
The Liset is a small ship for operations, the interiors are from a larger ship which actually we still haven't seen properly.
Maybe it's the ship you rescue from "Vor's Prize", which is different and way bigger than the Liset.

It also has been explained in old Devstreams, showing clearly the Liset docking on a larger spaceship.

Edited by Burnthesteak87

I always thought that the landing craft (liset, mantis) docks onto the main ship (the thing we can walk around in).

Good point : you must be thinking about the Orbiter. O-kay.

BUT if you have that Mantis, where is the wide front window supposed to be?... The Mantis is too || for that?! o.O

Good point : you must be thinking about the Orbiter. O-kay.

BUT if you have that Mantis, where is the wide front window supposed to be?... The Mantis is too || for that?! o.O

Because that is still part of the orbiter? The landing craft is probably attached somewhere on the orbiter out of view.

Your liset isn't your landing craft.  While you are on your ship, you are in the orbiter compartment. The landing craft that drops you off fits inside that larger ship.

That being said, a visual change to the player ship space based on which landing craft you have selected would be greatly appreciated.

For your information, the interior on your screenshot isn't the Liset's.

The Liset is a small ship for operations, the interiors are from a larger ship which actually we still haven't seen properly.

Maybe it's the ship you rescue from "Vor's Prize", which is different and way bigger than the Liset.

It also has been explained in old Devstreams, showing clearly the Liset docking on a larger spaceship.

Burn, I watched this stream live,don't worry. They said that the Arsenal,the foundry,the Archwing place & other stuff  are placed in the orbiter which you reach when you "go downstairs".

Yet when you stay "upstairs", The Mantis structure should be waayyyyy narrower than this, isn't it? (ô ~ O)

I am confuss.

Your liset isn't your landing craft.  While you are on your ship, you are in the orbiter compartment. The landing craft that drops you off fits inside that larger ship.

That being said, a visual change to the player ship space based on which landing craft you have selected would be greatly appreciated.

W...Well okay.

Can't drop the feeling that it feels a bit lazy though. Or maybe that's just me?

Found the "Orbiter compartment" gif!

bkKCPlF.gif

I still can't figure out how the Mantis would have the exact same interior,even inside that orbiter thing...

warframe__tenno_carrier_by_sbigham-d8gmb

Again, what you see on your menu Isn't the Liset, it doesn't even match the shapes.

Hm hmmm...

Maybe it's just that I expected more variety for the inside of our ships then... Oh well, now I know that I won't get it, if it doesn't change much. :p

(perhaps it'll useful for these Metroid Prime 3-likr "orbital strike"?)

nvoxosF.jpg?1

Again, what you see on your menu Isn't the Liset, it doesn't even match the shapes.

The top area with the window and navigation stuff is the Liset, whereas the bottom area with your arsenal, foundry, ect is part of the orbiter. You can see the door that separates the two at the bottom of the ramp.