The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Find Mantis Parts

PublikDomain

Question

The Fuselage is dropped by Reinforced Grineer Containers. You can find these by doing the Law of Retribution raid. There is about a 25% chance to have one spawn in each section.

The Avionics are dropped by Reinforced Orokin Containers. You can find these in the void, but you can also find them in the Derelict. Derelict keys are cheap and don't take long to craft. I'd suggest doing Derelict Exterminates so you have a limited number of enemies to bother you. You can also bring along some Dragon keys to get mods which you can keep or resell.

The Engines are dropped by Reinforced Corpus Containers. You can find these reliably on Cameria, Jupiter. It's a level 15-25 Dark Sector Survival. Since it's a Dark Sector mission you get resource bonuses as well as a nice credit payout. This map can be cleared by a single person within the first 5 minutes. Rare Containers drop once every 10 missions or so and are Reinforced about 25% of the time (~1 in 40 missions). You can find a Reinforced container after about 4-6 hours. I'd recommend running with Equinox or Ember (toggled AOE damage) with a Carrier and some sort of explosive weapon for opening containers, like the Sonicor. This mission is also a great source of Neural Sensors!

The Blueprint is available for purchase on the market.

This guide is now complete! While farming for the Mantis can seem daunting at first, it's really not too bad. Do the Law of Retribution to get the Fuselage, do ODEs for the Avionics, and do Cameria, Jupiter for the Engines. Along with your Mantis you'll also get piles of credits, boosters, Derelict Vault mods, and rare resources. Mine will be done by U18, just in time for the Scimitar to make it obsolete!

Happy Hunting, Tenno.

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 2

Any advice on where it would be best to farm for Grineer containers if I've never been on a raid and chances are won't be going there any time soon?

Same as with the Corpus stuff: you're boned. Raids have a something like 25% chance for a container, and I've heard of people finding 6 in a single raid. Your chances are really good, and the raid rewards are good, so I'd start raiding. If you don't want to do the raid you've only got the same low chance as any other normal map.

So they're severely nerfed the containers judging from your screenshot? Well I hope their spawn rate is increased.

Always been low, it's just that void keys have to be farmed while Derelict keys can be crafted. I've found 3 from the Grineer/Orokin in the last few days though, so it's not like they're impossible to find. I also tend to find them in Syndicate missions, but then again it's because I'm scouring the map already.

Always been low, it's just that void keys have to be farmed while Derelict keys can be crafted. I've found 3 from the Grineer/Orokin in the last few days though, so it's not like they're impossible to find. I also tend to find them in Syndicate missions, but then again it's because I'm scouring the map already.

More luck than me.

As for the Corpus ones, I had them spawn in Defence maps, only in the ones that: Looks like Outpost Interception in the far back where the D tower would be. And the one that is in the center of tall buildings, it was in the highest tower in back to the right when you exit the cave.

Those where befoe the update, never seen them again.

nice post!

i've found a corpus reinforced (rare) container on the jupiter (gas city?) extract tile - not the one where you have to go upstairs, but when you have to stand on the end of a platform to extract. there are some orange boxes filled with containers hanging from a railing. (both sides if i remember correctly) you can bullet jump up there

i have no screenshot, but i hope you'll find your rare container there too ^.^

They're random Krump. They can appear nearly anywhere. Dispite what the OP post said I have found a Rare Grineer container out in the open on the Earth tileset. I think it's the fact that more containers spawn in hidden rooms increases the chances for obvious reasons.

They're random Krump. They can appear nearly anywhere. Dispite what the OP post said I have found a Rare Grineer container out in the open on the Earth tileset. I think it's the fact that more containers spawn in hidden rooms increases the chances for obvious reasons.

The Wiki mentions that they only spawn in "high value" loot locations, like where Sabotage Caches and Syndicate Medallions spawn. I've about experienced the same, for example if you look up the rare Orokin containers a lot of the pictures show the same spawn locations.

Do you remember which Earth tile it was?

Foundry segment is completed, I've begun constructing the fuselage! There's a bug though, the parts don't actually show up under the new tab.

The Wiki mentions that they only spawn in "high value" loot locations, like where Sabotage Caches and Syndicate Medallions spawn. I've about experienced the same, for example if you look up the rare Orokin containers a lot of the pictures show the same spawn locations.

Do you remember which Earth tile it was?

Foundry segment is completed, I've begun constructing the fuselage! There's a bug though, the parts don't actually show up under the new tab.

I know the tile but I can't describe it.

Rare grineer crates can spawn in a lot off the side paths in the earth grineer forest tileset, but have become much more rare.

they also spawn in the place where the sabotage container spawns under the staircase in the T- connector tile.

I've had rare corpus containers spawn in a corpus ship tile with two ramps, 4 entry/exits, and a couple of shipping containers in it. There are breakable windows at the top of the ramps.

But yeah, rare crates tend to spawn in tiles where medallions and caches spawn.

Edited by (PS4)Pharen

Got a Grineer container in a vault room during a Spy mission.

It was the vault where you need to disable 3 consoles before accessing the mainframe.

It was at the entrance room, there is a balcony that you need to jump on to.

I heard the chime when I entered the vault.

Cheers!

Edit: there was no Mantis parts because that was 4 days prior update... :/

Edited by Gwenwed

Thanks to your tip about finding rare containers in OD exterminate, I managed to find a reinforced Orokin container on my third run.  

I've encountered random rare Grineer and Corpus containers before.  You guys are right that they seem to appear more often where medallions and sabotage caches appear.

Happy hunting~

I haven't found a single one...I've found normal and the occasional "rare" at least in corpus areas. Can I get a specific location with pictures and or Key choices?

Example: Jupitar, Themisto / ODD /ODE / T3 Ext

Also, does the quality of the Void key increase the chances? I've down loads of T1 EXT and looked through every room, even found and completed Parkour rooms. I've done ODE and I never spawn in the room where you drop down at the start...

Edited by mew87

I haven't found a single one...I've found normal and the occasional "rare" at least in corpus areas. Can I get a specific location with pictures and or Key choices?

Example: Jupitar, Themisto / ODD /ODE / T3 Ext

Also, does the quality of the Void key increase the chances? I've down loads of T1 EXT and looked through every room, even found and completed Parkour rooms. I've done ODE and I never spawn in the room where you drop down at the start...

The key quality doesn't make a difference, they spawn on any mission, and the location within each tileset varies widely, The ones I've mentioned in the OP spoilers are just places I usually find them or where I've found them more than once.

Also, finally got the Corp Outpost where you pop on top show up...but no wires anywhere...help?

There's a big chasm cutting across that tile, and there's a large platform with some orange containers on it. The wires are attached to a separate structure next to the building you spawn on top of. I think you spawn facing it.

During the whole time I've played this game (since closed beta with a lengthy hiatus in the middle) I've seen maybe 10 or so of those lovely chiming containers. Now I've been running with Thieve's Wit on me 20-30 different maps and missions and haven't even heard of them, and at the same time people even in this thread claim they are finding rare crates by the dozen (yea, slight exaggeration, but the point is there).

Am I just darn unlucky or what?

Guest I_Murdoch09

During the whole time I've played this game (since closed beta with a lengthy hiatus in the middle) I've seen maybe 10 or so of those lovely chiming containers. Now I've been running with Thieve's Wit on me 20-30 different maps and missions and haven't even heard of them, and at the same time people even in this thread claim they are finding rare crates by the dozen (yea, slight exaggeration, but the point is there).

Am I just darn unlucky or what?

The trial, The Law of Retribution, has the highest spawn count. After that, it's Dark Sectors followed by alerts. 

I've only found two. A golden glow one, which dropped a ton of credits and resources. The other was a heavily reinforced corpus container, which dropped credits, resources, and the Mantis Engine BP.

I had to say it ... COBRA !!!

The trial, The Law of Retribution, has the highest spawn count. After that, it's Dark Sectors followed by alerts. 

I've only found two. A golden glow one, which dropped a ton of credits and resources. The other was a heavily reinforced corpus container, which dropped credits, resources, and the Mantis Engine BP.

I had to say it ... COBRA !!!

They spawn more often in Dark Sectors and Alerts? So, Survival runs?