Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Poll] What Is Your Experience With Conclave?

Phasedragon

According to the poll (at my time of this post)

1/4 play pvp and do enjoy it (10% long term pvpers and 15% new pvpers)

16% want to remove that feature.

It's not enough that they don't have to play it if they don't like it, no, others should not have the option either. Nothing in PVE is affected by the PVP and 16% still want PVP removed.

That's despicable. That is toxic.

Lets try this kind of attitude with anything else:

I don't like archwing so you shouldn't be allowed to play archwing

I don't like kubrows so you shouldn't be allowed to have kubrows

I don't like shotguns so you shouldn't be allowed to have shotguns

It's not toxic at all. If they completely remove PvP they can focus that team on improving PvE instead of trying to do something the game wasn't built around. Having staff work on something that almost no one plays is a waste of company resources. 

Edited by Kolos1001

It's not toxic at all. If they completely remove PvP they can focus that team on improving PvE instead of trying to do something the game wasn't built around. Having staff work on something that almost no one plays is a waste of company resources. 

It's 25% of the voters. That's more than the people who use Kubrows.

I'm willing to bet it's similar numbers for Archwing too.

But what would you say about me if I honestly said you should not have the option of playing Archwing or use Kubrows because I don't like it?

It's 25% of the voters. That's more than the people who use Kubrows.

I'm willing to bet it's similar numbers for Archwing too.

But what would you say about me if I honestly said you should not have the option of playing Archwing or use Kubrows because I don't like it?

idc if you like it or not. If it's not making any profit for the company and is actually wasting resources than it should be scrapped. I'm willing to bet Kubrows make DE a lot more money than conclave.  

Edited by Kolos1001

idc if you like it or not. If it's not making any profit for the company and is actually wasting resources than it should be scrapped. I'm willing to bet Kubrows make DE a lot more money than conclave.  

How can you possibly know that conclave is wasting DE's resources? A quarter of the player base like conclave, it's not a small minority, it's a big minority.

I didn't know creating a mode that is infinitely replay able and interesting to some is considered a "waste of resources" when it can draw in much more players who will potentially spend more money.

I get destroyed lol. Smacked with melee once I'm dead...maybe I need more experience in it idk.

Yeah, it takes a while to get used to, I have a lot of trouble with it myself. Rolling is your best friend, and ADS is more a hindrance than anything else.

Didn't find an option that fit my experience with PvP so I'll post here.

I've got about 3,600 kills - which is probably above average - and return to PvP every now and then when there's nothing to do in PvE. It can be fun and is more challenging than PvE, but it's not worth investing the time to build up my skills because of the constant changes and balance-breaking.

For example, I decided to jump into PvP again after U17 dropped and was greeted by Reckoning + Tigris cheap insta-kills, melee aimbot mode with Martial Magnetism that made very mobile stances incredibly powerful, and 1-hit channeled heavy melee deaths. These issues were addressed somewhat quickly and I adapted eventually, but new balance problems were introduced after every update, forcing me to work around exploits, use exploits myself, or just take a break. I chose the last option.

If my aim, map awareness, movement skills, and tactical game sense can be invalidated by a broken mechanic, I won't invest the time to polish my skills - simple as that. I played Counter Strike from around 2000 to 2010 very actively before taking a long break. When CS:GO dropped, I tried it out and did pretty well - all my skills survived the transition and I didn't get stomped by newbies that exploited a broken game mechanic. Consistency and respect for the time it takes to develop high-level skills are frequently underestimated factors in modern PvP games. But hey… maybe I'm just old-school.

TL;DR: PvP in Warframe is like a relationship with a crazy, hot woman - can be somewhat fun in the short term, but isn't worth a long-term commitment.

I have a mixed reaction. Sometimes it's fun. Sometimes it isn't.

It's super fun when the final score is 50 - 45 in Team Annihilation with moon and sun teams overtaking each other along the way.

It's super boring when an Ember spams the number 4 for the entire game so that if you can't bullet jump to save your life you're dead.

Getting one-shotted in general sucks but I guess that's PvP in many games(?)

Personally, I like hunting for the cephalon in PvP because I don't care how often I get killed in the process. And I guess because I'm chicken/suck at protecting a cephalon.

Edited by Scarletite

Where are you stats? Link please.

http://strawpoll.me/5665517/r

15% started recently playing conclave and like it + 9% have been playing conclave for a long time and like it.

That's 24%

With 695 votes (as of my post) that's a substantial number of players who use the forum. Unless you can prove that PVPers are overrepresented amongst the vocal minority of players who use the forums then you can't say that's not representative.

https://warframe.com/news/numbers-conclave

Here is something interesting, look at the size of those numbers and the time interval. Between june 1st and 15th some order of 59 000 conclave matches were played on PC alone.

That's almost 4000 matches played every day.

Considering that not every player even plays every day there could easily tens of thousands of players who play in the conclave. Hell, I've met people in conclave that exclusively plays PVP and started playing because of the conclave.

Saying that conclave is just used by a tiny insignificant minority is just not true. It is a FACT that lots of players want PVP. Not few, lots.

In fact, the number of people who are against PVP being a part of warframe are fewer than the people who like PVP

http://strawpoll.me/5665517/r

15% started recently playing conclave and like it + 9% have been playing conclave for a long time and like it.

That's 24%

With 695 votes (as of my post) that's a substantial number of players who use the forum. Unless you can prove that PVPers are overrepresented amongst the vocal minority of players who use the forums then you can't say that's not representative.

https://warframe.com/news/numbers-conclave

Here is something interesting, look at the size of those numbers and the time interval. Between june 1st and 15th some order of 59 000 conclave matches were played on PC alone.

That's almost 4000 matches played every day.

Considering that not every player even plays every day there could easily tens of thousands of players who play in the conclave. Hell, I've met people in conclave that exclusively plays PVP and started playing because of the conclave.

Saying that conclave is just used by a tiny insignificant minority is just not true. It is a FACT that lots of players want PVP. Not few, lots.

In fact, the number of people who are against PVP being a part of warframe are fewer than the people who like PVP

Forums are always a very small portion of the players...ones that put more time into the game than the average player. So yes any statistics you get strictly from the forum are extremely skewed and biased. So that's about 25% of the hardcore players meaning the average players is probably much much less.

As for "matches completed" matches end automatically when one side leaves. I've been in plenty of games where it's 2v1 and the outnumbered person leaves forcing the game to end. This happens a lot. 

Forums are always a very small portion of the players...ones that put more time into the game than the average player. So yes any statistics you get strictly from the forum are extremely skewed and biased. So that's about 25% of the hardcore players meaning the average players is probably much much less.

As for "matches completed" matches end automatically when one side leaves. I've been in plenty of games where it's 2v1 and the outnumbered person leaves forcing the game to end. This happens a lot.

This works both ways, and so is wholly irrelevant. That's why we use the metrics available.

The top 10 deadliest weapons got 787 000 kills

The top 5 deadliest warframes together got 129 000 kills

Together that's 916 000 kills.

That's 61 000 kills per day.

They were not just 4000 empty completed matches per day.

http://steamcharts.com/app/230410 On june there were 18 000 players on steam on average. During half of that month 59 000 conclave matches were played, most of which were not empty nor did they end prematurely.

With all of these FACTS showed to you that MANY players like the conclave, how can you possibly say that it should be removed?

Edit-

Here's an interesting fact: Conclave 2.0 came out with Update 16 at the 19th of March.

During March the average number of players grew by 15%

Don't tell me none of that was due to Conclave 2.0!

Edited by Mastikator2

This works both ways, and so is wholly irrelevant. That's why we use the metrics available.

The metrics available are insufficient and should not be used as a foundation for an argument. It is not a random sample. 

The top 10 deadliest weapons got 787 000 kills

The top 5 deadliest warframes together got 129 000 kills

Together that's 916 000 kills.

That's 61 000 kills per day.

They were not just 4000 empty completed matches per day.

http://steamcharts.com/app/230410 On june there were 18 000 players on steam on average. During half of that month 59 000 conclave matches were played, most of which were not empty nor did they end prematurely.

With all of these FACTS showed to you that MANY players like the conclave, how can you possibly say that it should be removed?

Edit-

Here's an interesting fact: Conclave 2.0 came out with Update 16 at the 19th of March.

During March the average number of players grew by 15%

Don't tell me none of that was due to Conclave 2.0!

I never said I wanted it removed. I just said it should be if it's a waste. If not then it's fine. 

As for the edit that's complete speculation.

I think PvP would be very interesting with dedicated servers...but with client hosts and all the problems that go with that PvP in this game is impossible to take seriously. The game will die before conclave is in a decent spot because DE refuses to get servers. 

The metrics available are insufficient and should not be used as a foundation for an argument. It is not a random sample.

I never said I wanted it removed. I just said it should be if it's a waste. If not then it's fine.

As for the edit that's complete speculation.

I think PvP would be very interesting with dedicated servers...but with client hosts and all the problems that go with that PvP in this game is impossible to take seriously. The game will die before conclave is in a decent spot because DE refuses to get servers.

That also works both ways. If the metrics are "insufficient" how can you tell who's the minority? It doesn't matter then.

Servers aren't cheap, and require a lot of upkeep.

So it's important for me and TheBrzerker to have good metrics, but you don't even need any metrics at all?

Because you've said that it's a waste of resources and only a tiny insignificant minority play it, and you've stated that Kubrows are more profitable than conclave.

But you've offered NO EVIDENCE for your claim.

This is exactly the sort of pigish attitude that I have a problem with.

You defend the people who want an entire feature removed and damned those who like the feature. You demand good solid evidence yet offer NOTHING yourself. You are a troll and I am done with you.

That also works both ways. If the metrics are "insufficient" how can you tell who's the minority? It doesn't matter then.

Servers aren't cheap, and require a lot of upkeep.

Would have to get the data from DE. That's why polls on the forums are pointless except for random curiosity. 

x many people saw the thread

y many people openened the thread

z many people voted

All you are getting are z numbers so it doesn't even reflect the number of people who visit the forums. 

Yea well their plat prices aren't cheap. I wonder where all that money goes to when there are still some of the same gamebreaking bugs that have been there since damage 1.0 

So it's important for me and TheBrzerker to have good metrics, but you don't even need any metrics at all?

Because you've said that it's a waste of resources and only a tiny insignificant minority play it, and you've stated that Kubrows are more profitable than conclave.

But you've offered NO EVIDENCE for your claim.

This is exactly the sort of pigish attitude that I have a problem with.

You defend the people who want an entire feature removed and damned those who like the feature. You demand good solid evidence yet offer NOTHING yourself. You are a troll and I am done with you.

I never needed metrics because I'm not trying to make a claim. 

"Players are toxic because they want something I like removed"

"It's not toxic if the thing you like is a waste of company resources and the vast majority of players dislike it"

"Muh statistics"

"Your statistics are bad"

"How come you don't need statistics but I do?"

"If" there is the key word

Edited by Kolos1001

If I were to be totally selfish...

I'd want them to delete PVP from the game and devote all efforts to PVE.

But, I'm not that mean.........  I just don't touch PVP.  I joined this game for its PVE nearly 3 years ago so thus it will always be a PVE game to me.