Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Archwing Defense...problems.

OvAeons

First, it is unbelievably boring as defense missions usually are...the scaling fix helps the one shots on the ships, thanks for that, really bad getting that sneaky penta...

Second, sure it is nice to get 2 chances at the part you need @ wave 20 BUT WHY  THE SAME TWO PARTS? not even joking every double part is corvas... it really should be 2 different parts!! no chance of the same part..

Thirdly ties with the first in a way, CONSTANTLY getting people who afk anywhere between half the time or right up till the last few waves. had one game where 1 person afk'd in the tile before the ships from wave 6-18 and another person between the defense target and docking column  from wave 5-19. Want to guess how thrilled i was? NOT! the afkers i have gotten so far have all used macros to move them selves a little bit and shot their weapon every so often to stay out of the auto extract.

another person between the defense target and docking column  from wave 5-19

Apologies, that may have been me. I needed to make a quick phone call, one that I couldn't risk missing important details on.

I tried to keep Thumper up and threw out the occasional nuke, but I was too busy writing down information to do much else.

You don't always get the same 2 parts at 20 but after 30 runs and finally getting the kasza blade I was happy to get 2 even though I only needed one. I haven't experienced afkers but I assume it's cause they don't have max gear and are looking for a carry. It's hard to find players with good gear now cause everyone who refused to play it before is trying to rank their stuff up on higher lvl maps. It's annoying asf.

Edited by -Osa-

I just did it for the 1st time, and it took at least 45mins or so to get to wave 20 with a 4 man squad on comms. 2 on each side. It was due to abysmally slow enemy spawn rate. It was so boring that I almost Fell asleep. Like why does it take so long to spawn guys? We got a Corvas part and a Phaedra part. Wont be going back there till we get a spawn revamp. 

The spawns are fine for solo Scratch that, solo is still kinda slow, and the map layout isn't all that helpful to get to defense position A and B (for me that is, maybe some solo players here share my opinion?)

For groups though, is another story...

Edited by p3z1

The spawns are fine for solo Scratch that, solo is still kinda slow, and the map layout isn't all that helpful to get to defense position A and B (for me that is, maybe some solo players here share my opinion?)

For groups though, is another story...

well the above points have straight fly thru areas, so you can just go right thru in a hurry if you need to. 

well the above points have straight fly thru areas, so you can just go right thru in a hurry if you need to. 

Not gonna help much since enemies can probably eat the ships alive quick enough at some point (lv 33 at wave 5), and the defense objective having 500/2000 shields/health

Edit: Defense objectives regenerate, making life a bit easier for solo players

Edited by p3z1

Not gonna help much since enemies can probably eat the ships alive quick enough at some point (lv 33 at wave 5), and the defense objective having 500/2000 shields/health

Edit: Defense objectives regenerate, making life a bit easier for solo players

Yea, but it seems like enemies spawn on one side at a time at least for 4 man cell. 

I dont know who's bright idea it was to not have the objectives scale like normal defense pods do, but I guess. 

Apologies, that may have been me. I needed to make a quick phone call, one that I couldn't risk missing important details on.

I tried to keep Thumper up and threw out the occasional nuke, but I was too busy writing down information to do much else.

i do not recognize your name so was not you XD the people i am getting are doing nothing but auto macro inch by inch moving and every 10s shooting their gun into a wall.

You don't always get the same 2 parts at 20 but after 30 runs and finally getting the kasza blade I was happy to get 2 even though I only needed one. I haven't experienced afkers but I assume it's cause they don't have max gear and are looking for a carry. It's hard to find players with good gear now cause everyone who refused to play it before is trying to rank their stuff up on higher lvl maps. It's annoying asf.

the 10 matchs i have done has given me the 2 corvas parts as each rewards when both ships survived:P i know RNG, but there should not even BE a chance to get 2 like parts. Hard to know what people were running but most of the people had max hp on their wings...

i am 100% fine with carrying with elytron but i am 100% not ok with AFKing have lost several ships to that..

I got one part for the new weapons each time (2 runs).

And people that AFK aren't really a problem with the mission...

it is the mission that is making people AFK so it is a problem with the mission.

Yea, but it seems like enemies spawn on one side at a time at least for 4 man cell. 

I dont know who's bright idea it was to not have the objectives scale like normal defense pods do, but I guess. 

Guess that's the one DE should look at then

Edit: AND REMOVE CORVAS PARTS THERE FFS, KEEP THEM IN EARTH

Edited by p3z1

The same 2 parts XD I fugged up lol

Ah gotcha.

it is the mission that is making people AFK so it is a problem with the mission.

The mission isn't that bad/boring. People that AFK and make others work while they sit there and do nothing are c****.  If you need a part, work for it. Its problem is not the mission, its how lazy and selfish these people are. And that won't be fixed because there is no cure for being a c****.

Just played 2 matches after the scaling bug was fixed... dear lord, that was the most boring thing I've done in the entire game. I have to wait minutes for 3 drones to spawn that I rip to shreds with a single shot. The time it takes to reach wave 20 is way too high, even if you get 2 rewards. Sitting 40 minutes infront of a gate waiting for enemies to spawn is NOT fun.

Make enemies spawn faster, in larger bursts with 1 or 2 downtimes before the wave ends so we don't sit there waiting for bursts of 3 drones to appear and then having to wait another minute for more... Also balance the spawns out, it's either A or B that gets all the spawns with an occasional Ranger or two on the other shuttle.

Yeah I did a Neptune defense with four of my clan members and we got to wave 10 before one of our team literally started falling asleep and we stopped. I just tried it solo and like, 15 minutes in I wasn't even to wave 5 yet. This is brutal. There are moments where you're just waiting like a solid honest minute for something to spawn/trying to find where the enemy is stuck so you can finish the wave.

Just played 2 matches after the scaling bug was fixed... dear lord, that was the most boring thing I've done in the entire game. I have to wait minutes for 3 drones to spawn that I rip to shreds with a single shot. The time it takes to reach wave 20 is way too high, even if you get 2 rewards. Sitting 40 minutes infront of a gate waiting for enemies to spawn is NOT fun.

Make enemies spawn faster, in larger bursts with 1 or 2 downtimes before the wave ends so we don't sit there waiting for bursts of 3 drones to appear and then having to wait another minute for more... Also balance the spawns out, it's either A or B that gets all the spawns with an occasional Ranger or two on the other shuttle.

some enemies get stuck in vents where the UI has not marked them yet, thankfully elytron can over lap thumpers. but still it is mostly cast thumper and gather energy. watching twitch helps but not that much.

and 100% agree on that second part. enemies are not ramping like mad so people can handle them

Yeah I did a Neptune defense with four of my clan members and we got to wave 10 before one of our team literally started falling asleep and we stopped. I just tried it solo and like, 15 minutes in I wasn't even to wave 5 yet. This is brutal. There are moments where you're just waiting like a solid honest minute for something to spawn/trying to find where the enemy is stuck so you can finish the wave.

elytron thumper helps but makes it extra boring. a win loose situation :P

It's doable in 20~30 minutes with multiple max range/str Elytrons. I always stack 4 Thumpers just right in the "butts" of the 2 aircrafts, pretty much covers the whole map. Then spam away some warheads here/there and you're good. Sitting on 11 Phaedra stocks and countless Corvas BS now, still no Kaszas blade. Agreed, possibilty for both rewards to be same is lame... The archwing rng-nightmare is actually worse than the Voids because of the inabilty to trade parts, surely doesn't boost archwing's popularity... (i do enjoy playing it actually, recent HUD enhancements etc are pretty awesome imo).

Edited by Kotsender_Quasimir