Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Revamped

KingTaro

I'm not a fan of revamps right after the frame is released, I do think that simple changes or additions can make the frame better (like Atlas abilities dealing extra damage to petrified enemies, which adds synergy, and other things that also add synergy, I actually made a thread once, but I guess it was too tame, so no one cared about it), however, Petrify already uses a "cone" mechanic, maybe it's not a perfect cone, but there's even a stat that states that it's not a concentrated beam, even the animation does a cone.
It's rather noticeable if you go to a defence, or MD against infested, and jump to a high place over the objective and aim at the objective with the ability turned on, you will see that enemies won't turn to stone exactly at the middle, but rather around the edges of the screen (unless you are too close, or too far in some cases).

I want to say an absolute heck yes to what you suggest for 1 and 2. Just like...please DE do this now!

For 3, I have found this power isn't very fun for me..but once you get it ranked up, put a blind rage and a stretch on it is extremely effective.

Unlike Chroma's spectral scream which may or may not CC any given enemy with it's radius, Petrify will instantly slow all enemies in its cone.

In most cases to the point that they aren't able to do anything but stand there while you keep the cone on them until they turn to stone.

And depending on the mod set up they can be as stone figures for a very long time. This is serious CC.

If they switch this to a sort of flash effect I am concerned it might be too strong. They might have to pull back on how long it can stun enemies to not end up another overbearing CC that is kind of running rampant in the game.

For 4, turning into a stone giant is always cool in itself. The alternate powers are also awesome. And youre right that the companion Ai leaves much to be desired. Unfortunately I feel like that is taking away part of the essence of what DE was going for with Atlas.....and trying to turn him into something else that might be more in line with our own desires..just not theirs. Besides, calling two big guys to help beat folks down is cool in its own way IMO.

Considering we have a lot of companion's in Warframe, getting rid of the rumbler bots is only so useful anyway. 

I would prefer DE just focus some work on getting companions to a place where we enjoy their company.

Which h is why holding down the power button needs to yield different effects...